how many wide receivers?

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
sorry if this has been discussed already but I've been busy with work.

so how many receivers will they have on the roster?

who gets cut to make room for AB?

JE
Harry
Gordon
Brown
Dorsett
Thomas
Myers
Gunnah
Meredith(PUP)

That’s 9 not counting Slater

Unless we have major injuries, I doubt we ever see gunner take a snap at wideout. I think its this way because the pats do not have any pass catching TE's anymore, so in order to make up for that on the field, you will see more 3 and 4 wide, so this is not that high of a number.

Unless we have major injuries, I doubt we ever see gunner take a snap at wideout. I think its this way because the pats do not have any pass catching TE's anymore, so in order to make up for that on the field, you will see more 3 and 4 wide, so this is not that high of a number.

It’ll be fluid.

I REALLY wanted to keep Gunnah. Moving forward he looks like he can be special in the return game.

I can easily see him, Meredith, and Myers finding their way to IR when Harry comes off. I didn’t want JE doing PR, but numbers. AB can too.

Stash 3 WRs. Add Harry. Add Gronk. Maybe an OL.

It’ll be fluid.

I REALLY wanted to keep Gunnah. Moving forward he looks like he can be special in the return game.

I can easily see him, Meredith, and Myers finding their way to IR when Harry comes off. I didn’t want JE doing PR, but numbers. AB can too.

I just like him for punt returns though. I would save Meyers for that to replace brown when he leaves next year. I don't really want Edelman out fielding punts anymore and not sure I want Brown doing that either to be honest. Anyone have any word on Cannon, that really soured that game last night for me.

This was a serious question.

Don’t they typically have six including Slater?

Trying to think, so last year:

JE
Dorsett
Hogan
Patterson
Slater

That was it for the SB. Would have been 6 with Gordon.

So are they seriously going to carry:
Edelman
Slater
Gordon
Dorsett
Meyers
Brown
Gunnar
Thomas
Harry

This was a serious question.

Don’t they typically have six including Slater?

Trying to think, so last year:

JE
Dorsett
Hogan
Patterson
Slater

That was it for the SB. Would have been 6 with Gordon.

So are they seriously going to carry:
Edelman
Slater
Gordon
Dorsett
Meyers
Brown
Gunnar
Thomas
Harry

Yeah but we had you know....TE's that caught passes, so the pats ran a lot of two TE stuff, well that's gone, so its 3 and 4 wide stuff, also we didn't have two guys that were primarily special teams

How many? More then usual, until week 14

He plays the whole 4th quarter next week, 2 way football. He is replacing Obi on the safety depth chart.

Normally, you wouldn't blink to lose the bottom WR on the roster, especially ours where that guy is typically Tiquan Underwood or Devin Lucien, but I would be upset if we had to lose Gunner for a couple of reasons.

1. He runs really well and ran some pretty sophisticated routes in preseason for a guy that never played offense until he came to us. He also made some tough grabs. I don't know what his 40 time is but he's got some getaway sticks.

2. STs - he looks to be a plus punt returner and has the potential to be a Gunner named Gunner.

3. It's really fun to pronounce his name with a Boston accent.

Normally, you wouldn't blink to lose the bottom WR on the roster, especially ours where that guy is typically Tiquan Underwood or Devin Lucien, but I would be upset if we had to lose Gunner for a couple of reasons.

1. He runs really well and ran some pretty sophisticated routes in preseason for a guy that never played offense until he came to us. He also made some tough grabs. I don't know what his 40 time is but he's got some getaway sticks.

2. STs - he looks to be a plus punt returner and has the potential to be a Gunner named Gunner.

You gunna keep making fun of my accent? :harumph:

Cheers, :toast:

Kid is awesome.

I don’t know his longevity. Every touch is like a car in those San Francisco hills that just lost its parking brake. He’s balls out all the time. Does not seem particularly adept at avoiding that massive shot. I’m not so sure that’s sustainable in this league, but I’m enjoying every moment of it until it’s gone.

He’s definitely someone I didn’t want to lose, and I was happy the body released was Obi, though I like that prospect too.

I do it to piss Jr off. He HATES that accent. I says I sound like Fitzy when I break it out.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

It’ll be fluid.

you save those for big moments back there. The Redskins did that with Darrell Green for years, always seemed to work well.

Kid is awesome.

I don’t know his longevity. Every touch is like a car in those San Francisco hills that just lost its parking brake. He’s balls out all the time. Does not seem particularly adept at avoiding that massive shot. I’m not so sure that’s sustainable in this league, but I’m enjoying every moment of it until it’s gone.

He’s definitely someone I didn’t want to lose, and I was happy the body released was Obi, though I like that prospect too.
He will learn to take a hit, or at the least lesson the impact of the hit, as he learns the position.

It is a learned skill to know when to drop down, hell Deion Branch was the kind of grass grabbing.

I do it to piss Jr off. He HATES that accent. I says I sound like Fitzy when I break it out.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

you save those for big moments back there. The Redskins did that with Darrell Green for years, always seemed to work well.

Sure. Give Gunner the regular season. Let’s see his consistency.

If there’s any mishaps we’ve got triple insulation with JE and AB.

Back