How Much Sleep Do You Typically Get Per Night?

How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

• Total voters
When I was younger (university) it was 4-6, sometimes less.

This habit carried over a bit to real world jobs and 5-6 was probably my average for a while. About a year ago I started making a bigger effort to improve my overall health/fitness (gym 5-6 times per week, running, tracking foods, etc.) and since then I've also tried to make sure I get enough sleep for recovery. Some night it's still 6-6.5 hours, but most days are around 7 now with a few that push to 7.5. I have trouble sleeping 8+ because I'm ready to go with 7 and find I'm just forcing myself back to sleep for that extra hour.

Try using some sort of masking sound.

There are plenty of apps one can get for a mobile device that will play whatever sound you like, but I simply use a fan.

At home I have a fan on when I go to bed, blowing away from the bed in the winter and over the bed when it's hot in the summer.

That's basically a white noise background that masks many of the silly little sounds that otherwise will wake me up.

When I travel for business, I adjust the ac/heat in the hotel room to have a constant fan.

That is very logical and a strategy I know many use, but I seem to sleep even lighter when I know I cannot hear everything. I can't use masks or earplugs or earphones or music or TV - my brain won't shut down properly. :shrug_n:

5-6 hours, depending on what my son allows.
He has a sister arriving in 2 months, so that'll plummet to 3-4.

Congrats!

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Usually around 6.

7 is a good night.

8 is practically unheard of these days, with two kids (6 and 3 years old).

3 maybe 4 and 5 if I'm lucky. Very rarely 1.5 straight always wake up. Usually stay awake and watch Netflix until about 1 am then wake up around 2:30 or so then dose back off for another hour or two.

5 - 6. it's my intention to get more but my wake up time is set every day but Sunday so it's a matter of when I get to bed.
Before kids I'm sure it was a lot more! :)
I also used to sleep like a rock. nothing woke me up. as a kid we had a minor wiring incident that my parents called the fire dept for (walls were warm/hot). a fire didn't break out but I slept thru firetruck and firemen in the house. once I had kids I wake up easy

3 maybe 4 and 5 if I'm lucky. Very rarely 1.5 straight always wake up. Usually stay awake and watch Netflix until about 1 am then wake up around 2:30 or so then dose back off for another hour or two.

Not surprising looking at your avie

I said 6, but it varies

Back