Hurricane Ian - Category 4 With 155MPH Wind

The insurance situation combined with high construction costs will begin the process of climate migration from Florida (and other states). There's already a category known as halfbacks - people from the northern part of the country that moved to Florida, became disenchanted, and then moved half-way back to states like North Carolina.

I expect New England and mid-western states such as Minnesota and Wisconsin will be seen as desirable locations for those who no longer think that Florida and the desert southwest are sensible places to live.
Min/E/sota and Wisconsin are tropical in the winter...

The insurance situation combined with high construction costs will begin the process of climate migration from Florida (and other states). There's already a category known as halfbacks - people from the northern part of the country that moved to Florida, became disenchanted, and then moved half-way back to states like North Carolina.

I expect New England and mid-western states such as Minnesota and Wisconsin will be seen as desirable locations for those who no longer think that Florida and the desert southwest are sensible places to live.
We live in Jacksonville, but North Carolina is in the future. Mainly because my son-in-law is from that area and he misses it. I like it where I’m at but I understand where you’re coming from.

I would like to live in Pensacola eventually. Nice sugar sand, gulf of mexico and the blue angels. Having two places would be ideal. One inland just incase of a hurricane and one on the beach. The beach would be a vacation rental and if it was empty a weekend retreat. I love Pensacola the few times I have been there. Heard the naval air museum there is excellent.

Thought if you do build on the beach, build smart.

This home has survived bigger storms and the only damage is the 1st floor wash through and the steps break off. I believe CNN has stayed in this home and other media.

This may already be in the thread. Amazing time lapse video of Ft. Myers beach.

Back