I just wonder what if Bill Belichick decided to stay with the Jets

16-0patsfan

Reaction score
what if BB decided to say with the jets...would they be the team with 3 suoper bowls? would we have Ryan???? please wake me up lol itsa bad dream........
I am very happy we the BB.

That means that...

our whole solar system...

could be, like...

one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being.

This is too much!

That means...

-one tiny atom in my fingernail could be--

-Could be one little...

tiny universe.

Could l buy some pot from you?

Run, Bill, Run!

I'm not sure he could have turned the Jets organization at that time around. I think he was smart to bail out. At the time, he had maybe one more shot at being head coach. He didn't want to take that shot with the Jets.

Even today, with his current reputation and clout, could he turn that bunch around? It is plausible that Rex might have won with the Chargers, but could Bill win with the Jets?

I'm not sure he could have turned the Jets organization at that time around. I think he was smart to bail out. At the time, he had maybe one more shot at being head coach. He didn't want to take that shot with the Jets.

Even today, with his current reputation and clout, could he turn that bunch around? It is plausible that Rex might have won with the Chargers, but could Bill win with the Jets?

Well its all relative, because BB would not be running Sanchez out there like this and maybe he would not even have drafted him at all. Who knows, but the landscape would change, and I am not sure Bart Scott could play without talking the week before to the media, so that would be an issue.

The Rats could have had BB easily back in 1997. Instead of tampering with Parcells as the Pats were preparing for a Superbowl, they could have respectfully waited for the Pats to play in the game, that they had earned the right to, unmolested.

Then, once the game was finished, they could have asked the Pats for permission to interview BB for their open HC position.

It seems like NY teams are too much into making the big splash and getting the big name, and developing the promising unknown is something for the lesser teams to do.

Only the best for NY.....

which is why the Rats, for all of their talk about BB and the Pats getting lucky with Brady, would have never done what is necessary to develop him, or have the guts to risk everything by playing him.

If the Rats had drafted Brady he would have become a HOF QB for another team who claimed him off of waivers or signed him off their practice squad.

The Rats could have had BB easily back in 1997. Instead of tampering with Parcells as the Pats were preparing for a Superbowl, they could have respectfully waited for the Pats to play in the game, that they had earned the right to, unmolested.

Then, once the game was finished, they could have asked the Pats for permission to interview BB for their open HC position.

It seems like NY teams are too much into making the big splash and getting the big name, and developing the promising unknown is something for the lesser teams to do.

Only the best for NY.....

which is why the Rats, for all of their talk about BB and the Pats getting lucky with Brady, would have never done what is necessary to develop him, or have the guts to risk everything by playing him.

If the Rats had drafted Brady he would have become a HOF QB for another team who claimed him off of waivers or signed him off their practice squad.

Wouldnt they have had to ask the browns for permission to interview BB?

No BB was Bill Parcells' DC on the Pats Superbowl team vs Green Bay.
Yeah and how BP handled that whole deal was the straw that broke the camel's back in their already strained relationship. IIRC Weis sided with BB over BP too.

The Jets wouldn't be in the middle of a never ending SB drought.

Tom Brady would have been a CEO of a handbag corp..:coffee:

I am thinking that Brady probably could have made it to the NFL anyway....it was not really BB that wanted Brady anyway.

Well its all relative, because BB would not be running Sanchez out there like this and maybe he would not even have drafted him at all. Who knows, but the landscape would change, and I am not sure Bart Scott could play without talking the week before to the media, so that would be an issue.
Bill assuredly wouldn't have sold the whole farm for Sanchez. He probably would have traded right out of the draft for Brian Hoyer.

Cheers, BostonTim

True. It was Kraft. He said "Get me that Brady kid!"

he meant Kyle, though. Coaching staff ****ed up. :coffee:

Good call. Actually it was Rehbein....without him..no Brady I think. RIP.

No guarantee the Jets would have won a SB, but 100% guarantee the Pats wouldn't have. If Brady had gone to the Jets, too, well, life would suck here for the last 10 years.

Back