I saw you, but you didn't see me

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw you,
hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
But you didn't see me,
put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you,
pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
But you didn't see me,
playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you,
change your mind about going into the restaurant.
But you didn't see me,
attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you,
roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by.
But you didn't see me,
driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you,
frown at me when I smiled at your children.
But you didn't see me,
when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you,
stare at my long hair.
But you didn't see me,
and my friends cut ten inches off for 'Locks of Love'.

I saw you,
roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.
But you didn't see me,
and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.

I saw you,
look in fright at my tattoos.
But you didn't see me,
cry as my children where born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you,
change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
But you didn't see me,
going home to be with my family.

I saw you,
complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
But you didn't see me,
when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you,
yelling at your kids in the car.
But you didn't see me,
pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you,
reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
But you didn't see me,
squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you,
race down the road in the rain.
But you didn't see me,
get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you,
run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
But you didn't see me,
trying to turn right.

I saw you,
cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
But you didn't see me,
leave the road.

I saw you,
waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
But you didn't see me,
I wasn't there.

I saw you,
go home to your family.
But you didn't see me,
Because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker...

A person with friends and a family.
But you didn't see me.

Share the road, remember motorcycles are everywhere. (especially now with the rising gas prices. Saw this elsewhere online, don't know who the original author is).

I saw you
pass between me and the guy next to me as we sat in traffic on rt 128.

I saw you
scare the ever-loving shit out of the old lady in the corrolla as you blasted past her with your obnoxiously loud bike.

I saw you
Wake my 1 year old up every morning at 7 AM with your obnoxiously loud bike as you rev, rev, rev it. I saw you, even though you leave 4 houses down from me.

I'm not anti-motorcycle or anything. But these 3 things annoy the crap out of me.

Motorcyclist know they must drive like no one can see them.

But what gets me is when they drive like no one can see them.

The key is responsibility IMO.

The Big Lebowski said:
I saw you
pass between me and the guy next to me as we sat in traffic on rt 128.
very annoying but Bicycles are twice as bad in traffic but expect to given the same rights as Motorized vehicles

I saw you
scare the ever-loving shit out of the old lady in the corrolla as you blasted past her with your obnoxiously loud bike.
yeah that is bad but at least she heard him/her because most "old ladies" are lucky to see over the steering wheel

I saw you
Wake my 1 year old up every morning at 7 AM with your obnoxiously loud bike as you rev, rev, rev it. I saw you, even though you leave 4 houses down from me.
I would walk down the street and tell the dumb arse to lay off the throttle until he was out of the neighborhood but remember loud pipes saves lifes you may not agree but I do still respect others and putter out of the neighborhood

I'm not anti-motorcycle or anything. But these 3 things annoy the crap out of me.
I can see why but if you ever drive a bike and get cut off by a fool on a cell phone plucking a nose hair in the rear view mirror while rolling through a stop sign, you would understand the need for the noise

I live on a main road and the bikes don't wake my kids but the stupid 18 Y.O. with the volume on his radio maxed out with the Boom Boom shaking houses a 1/4 mile away do

The Big Lebowski said:
I saw you
I saw you
Wake my 1 year old up every morning at 7 AM with your obnoxiously loud bike as you rev, rev, rev it.

ROFL

i was at a NH campground some years ago right around motorcycle weekend.

some dirtball took to revving the hell out of his RICEBURNER (god, i hate that sound) at 7 AM. he did it 2 days in a row.

during the 3rd night i heard what i thought were 5 or 6 gunshots.

turned out 2 or 3 guys had stopped by and blasted the idiot's bike with multiple shotgun blasts. ROFL

unfortunately, i didn't see it.

but it was pretty quiet in the morning for the rest of the week.

There are stupid bikers and conscientious ones, just like there are stupid car drivers and conscientious ones.

Personally, I think you've got to be nuts to ride one of those things anywhere near populated areas. If someone does something stupid in their car, and you're in your car, you may get a fenderbender; if someone does something stupid in their car and you're on your bike, they'll be picking you up with a sponge.

If I had one, I'd only drive it in the most rural areas where I could see every car coming at me, LOL.

Growing up in Boston you think I'd be used to stupid drivers, but it seems like there are more and more of them. The use of the "Boston Left Turn" is becoming so popular that I have to swerve three times every block. (That's when, to pull out onto a busy street, a car simply pulls out and blocks the oncoming lane to it's left, and then waits for traffic to clear in the other lane.)

All of my friends (well the ones I have been boys with since 12 years old) ride Harleys. I don't. I can't. I have seen how devastating a collision between any car and a motorcycle can be.

I have had many clients who lost lives and limbs on a bike...through their own fault but more often than not from the fault of another driver.

I have nothing against bikes, love to hear them, love to see them just won't ever be on one.

If you live in NH or Montana or Iowa or South dakota, then you are a lot safer on a bike.

You ride around in Mass. and you just never know.

Thanks UT, I'm forwarding this to a bunch of my friends!

I saw you
from outside your bedroom window last night
where I was out of sight, my hand in a frenzy all right

oh crap, wrong messageboard

Thankee, RG, I just love the sensation of soda squirting out my nose! :thumb:

RoadGrader said:
I saw you
from outside your bedroom window last night
where I was out of sight, my hand in a frenzy all right

oh crap, wrong messageboard

Yes, enough about that. Put it where it belongs, on the Colts board under the "Manlove: Stalking Peyton" thread.

Sweet, a poem from a zombie biker (how else could a guy who's dead write that?).

Seriously though - if you ride a bike, you've gotta know that you're taking a risk. You can't ever think that people are going to see you or look for you on the road. If you think that way, you won't last long.

It doesn't matter if you ride a bike, a pinto or a celica, if you don't pay attention you're bound to end up under the front end of an SUV these days.

The problem with motorcycles is that most of the people I see riding them are idiots. This includes Harley riders and Rice riders alike.

The argument that Bikes are loud "so that car drivers can hear us" is ridiculous and insulting to your intelligence. You usually don't hear the bike until it is right next to you or past you.

Of course, there are lots of smart, safe bike riders too. I have a good friend who works at Boston Harley and has been trying to get me on a bike for a couple of years now (I would get one if I had the spare $$$). His attitude as a biker is that his safety is his responsibility and I couldn't agree more. All I know is that when I see that bike coming up between me and the car next to me as we sit in traffic, I have an overwhelming urge to throw my door open just as he passes. :)

Originally posted by The Big Lebowski
The problem with motorcycles is that most of the people I see riding them are idiots. This includes Harley riders and Rice riders alike.

All I know is that when I see that bike coming up between me and the car next to me as we sit in traffic, I have an overwhelming urge to throw my door open just as he passes.

For motorcycle lovers who live in a "The Big Lebowski-free" country.....

Direct Link may be less choppy

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAVVBjrTu0w"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAVVBjrTu0w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RoadGrader said:
For motorcycle lovers
wow - those are fun rides man, I love the look on faces as you go by but what is up with the Pussy's on the other bikes obeying the law. what are they trying to give the rest of Bike riders a bad name?

Too bad it wasn't an american Bike with loud pipes - would have made the windows shake as he flew by

GOD SPEED

seriously TBL

The argument that Bikes are loud "so that car drivers can hear us" is ridiculous and insulting to your intelligence. You usually don't hear the bike until it is right next to you or past you. yes right next to you in your blind spot as you attempt to switch lanes on the highway - but you heard it and stopped

That's crazy. I can't stand assholes that ride like that.

Undertaker #59 said:
That's crazy. I can't stand assholes that ride like that.
it is a minority of riders but we remember the few who do, not the others that obey the laws. It is the few that do that lead to the prejudices against Bike Riders same as with most Prejudices, people stereotype based on a small percentage of the whole picture. It is unfortunate but true

like scooter riders are a bunch of wimps, or old men in fast cars are going through a mid-life crisis when actrually they never grew up :D or women with cleavage showing want us to look at their breast when they actually want to have a conversation and be respected for their Brains

Back