Im Baaack

Gangreenman

Reaction score
Yes, you guys beat us pretty good back in week 2, despite it being Cassel's 1st career start. Yes, I did not come back to eat crow after the conclusion of that game. Truth is, I haven't been posting much on JN either recently. This is the busy part of the year for me work-wise, but thats irrelevant really.

Just wanted to stop by to talk about tomorrow nights game between the Jets and Patriots. This game is obviously much hyped because the winner of this game may quite likely go on to win the division. For the Jets, it is more of a must win than for the Pats because the Pats already beat the Jets once this season. If the Jets fall 1 game behind the Pats, and lose the head to head tiebreaker, our chances of catching the Pats for the divisional lead are very slim.

As for the game, I see this being pretty close... I think both teams (especially on offense) have shown lots of improvement since our first meeting. My guess is, due to all the injuries on the Pats, that the Jets will eeek out a close one in Foxborough... 24-20 Jets.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, andSpecial thanks in advance to Babalu for the warm welcome. :)

Yes, you guys beat us pretty good back in week 2, despite it being Cassel's 1st career start. Yes, I did not come back to eat crow after the conclusion of that game. Truth is, I haven't been posting much on JN either recently. This is the busy part of the year for me work-wise, but thats irrelevant really.

Just wanted to stop by to talk about tomorrow nights game between the Jets and Patriots. This game is obviously much hyped because the winner of this game may quite likely go on to win the division. For the Jets, it is more of a must win than for the Pats because the Pats already beat the Jets once this season. If the Jets fall 1 game behind the Pats, and lose the head to head tiebreaker, our chances of catching the Pats for the divisional lead are very slim.

As for the game, I see this being pretty close... I think both teams (especially on offense) have shown lots of improvement since our first meeting. My guess is, due to all the injuries on the Pats, that the Jets will eeek out a close one in Foxborough... 24-20 Jets.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, andSpecial thanks in advance to Babalu for the warm welcome. :)

I believe that this is important for the Pats. If there is a tie breaker, the Jets will win if they beat the Pats tomorrow. This is a must win for the Pats.

I never really know how anyone ever picks a team to win a squeeker. By definition, you are saying that it's basically a coin flip.

So when this Jets fan says 24-20 Jets, he's really saying, in my opinion, that he has no bloody idea who is going to win this one.

Losing AD really hurts our chances, especially with the Way Jones is running for you guys right now. If the Pats win, it will be because of coaching and scheme...

I believe that this is important for the Pats. If there is a tie breaker, the Jets will win if they beat the Pats tomorrow. This is a must win for the Pats.

How will the jets win in a tie breaker? the pats have 1 division loss to miami, the jets lost to miami and the pats already. So tommorows game has nothing to do with a tie breaker yet.

How will the jets win in a tie breaker? the pats have 1 division loss to miami, the jets lost to miami and the pats already. So tommorows game has nothing to do with a tie breaker yet.
I believe you would have more conferance losses, which is the next tiebreaker.

Losing AD really hurts our chances, especially with the Way Jones is running for you guys right now. If the Pats win, it will be because of coaching and scheme...

If it comes down to that the jets are screwed. I take BB over the rat any day. I think the pats will win 17-7 tomorrow over the jets.

Yes, you guys beat us pretty good back in week 2, despite it being Cassel's 1st career start. Yes, I did not come back to eat crow after the conclusion of that game.

Well maybe you should post a nice crow thread first...you know so you get back all the respect that you lost.:shrug:

In a perfect world we could all talk trash and not face the reprecussions should our team lose.

But this ain't a perfect world now is it.:rolleyes:

Well maybe you should post a nice crow thread first...you know so you get back all the respect that you lost.:shrug:

In a perfect world we could all talk trash and not face the reprecussions should our team lose.

Because he is a FRAUD

"oh since my team got waxed I havent been on the internetz........."

:Eason:

So much for that warm welcome he was expecting....

Welcome back GG, stick around this time

Because he is a FRAUD

"oh since my team got waxed I havent been on the internetz........."

:Eason:

A Pats fan calling someone a FRAUD.... I honestly never thought I'd see the day. ROFL :Wildcats: <----- WTF is this doing here??

So much for that warm welcome he was expecting....

Welcome back GG, stick around this time

Thanks Whaler, and that warm welcome comment was, as you could probably imagine, intended sarcasm.

As for staying, this week has been light so I should be able to stop by at least one point during the day tomorrow and probably some on Friday also. I might stop by after the game tomorrow as well, but that depends on just how hammered I am by that point. :toast:

I never did talk trash though. I came here to discuss the game then, and thats the same thing Im doing now.

If you feel the need to give me crow, then please, go ahead. Otherwise, I'd much prefer to talk about tomorrow's game.... After all. this is a FOOTBALL forum, right?

I agree. It is important for both teams...IMO it is more important for the Jets though because:

If the pats win, they pretty much clinch the division...

If the Jets win, the division is still pretty much wide open. The Jets will be 1 game ahead, but depending how the rest of the season plays out (each team has 2 divisional games remaining I believe)... the tiebreaker could go either way.

Either way I think this will be a very hard fought, close game. Although IMO playing this game on such a short week gives the Jets a rather large advantage because it gives BB less time than usual to gameplan. It gives Mangini less time as well, but the gameplanning for the pats is more important because they are behind on paper.

Here's hoping for a good, hard fought, and injury free game!!!

Go Jets.

GG, are you happy with the upgrade from NoodleArm to NoodleBrain at this point in the season? From the looks of things from my view, NoodleBrain has maybe netted you one extra win than you would have had with NoodleArm, and I think I'm being generous.

The Jets beat Miami

I came back and ate crow last time but I am not expecting to do so this time.This game is the test to see if the Jets belong in the playoffs.The Jets are a better team on paper.With the patsies injuries right now there is no excuse why the jets should not win this game.

The Jets run defense is stifling.I dont expect to see NE anywhere close to 100 yds rushing.Revis shut down Moss last game and I totally expect that to happen again.Revis should be a pro bowler.If Lowery can slow down Welker then I see the patsies scoring 14 or less pts.I cant see the NE D holding the Jets O to less than 14.Favre makes his fair share of dumb throws but he still has more TD's than Int's.Not to mention a Jets running game and OL that are jelling right now.

If NE can grab a defensive or special teams Td then I think they have a chance,but a turn over free game...Jets win by 10+

Final score Jets 27 Patsies 13

I came back and ate crow last time but I am not expecting to do so this time.This game is the test to see if the Jets belong in the playoffs.The Jets are a better team on paper.With the patsies injuries right now there is no excuse why the jets should not win this game.

The Jets run defense is stifling.I dont expect to see NE anywhere close to 100 yds rushing.Revis shut down Moss last game and I totally expect that to happen again.Revis should be a pro bowler.If Lowery can slow down Welker then I see the patsies scoring 14 or less pts.I cant see the NE D holding the Jets O to less than 14.Favre makes his fair share of dumb throws but he still has more TD's than Int's.Not to mention a Jets running game and OL that are jelling right now.

If NE can grab a defensive or special teams Td then I think they have a chance,but a turn over free game...Jets win by 10+

Final score Jets 27 Patsies 13

Props to you because you did come back after the last game.

You can't expect a turnover free game with Favre, you're pointing out that you expect a few dumb throws but with a TO free game the Jets win by 10.
Ain't gonna happen I don't think. Especially in wet conditions. Pats will play ball control, win the time of possession game, and margin will be less than 10.

Back