Is a 23yr old woman too young for a 50 yr old man to date?

Age is only but a number. And now I know where all the women close to my age range are going all of a sudden, got a bunch of horny old pats fans getting them!!!!! Im 27 and the 23 year olds are still in the radar!!!! I prefer the younger ones as well, but the older ones I find are more experienced and will blow your mind!!!

OchoCinco85 on 03-14-2007 at 01:57 PM said:
Age is only but a number. And now I know where all the women close to my age range are going all of a sudden, got a bunch of horny old pats fans getting them!!!!! Im 27 and the 23 year olds are still in the radar!!!! I prefer the younger ones as well, but the older ones I find are more experienced and will blow your mind!!!
says the Chris Henry Fan :D of course age doesn't matter

Just to make sure I didn't sound like an ass, I didn't mean that it's creepy for you to date a 23 yr. old. I only meant that I, personally, would be a little creeped out dating someone the same age as my dad.

Well.... Six years ago or so my sister was 26 and she was dating a man who was 52. They're now married and have a one year old. :shrug:

My boss, who is 51, is married to a 27 year old. They got together about 6 or 7 years ago. They have 3 kids.

I don't see a problem with either one.

Although I do love giving my sister shit that her husband is older than our parents. ROFL And she does start to get a little pissy when her hubby spends hours talking to my mom or dad about music or things that happened when they were all back in high school in the sixties. ROFL

<<
In trying to convince HH to go for it, I fear that I might have come across as a lecherous perv who is simply looking for a cheapo thrill.
>>

I think you were referring to MrNFLFan who started this thread. I have already bridged the age gap multiple times :D

harrisonhits on 03-14-2007 at 03:27 PM said:
<<
In trying to convince HH to go for it, I fear that I might have come across as a lecherous perv who is simply looking for a cheapo thrill.
>>

I think you were referring to MrNFLFan who started this thread. I have already bridged the age gap multiple times :D

In which case, I move that this person's screen name be changed to "HarrisonHitsIt". :thumb: :D

bideau on 03-14-2007 at 10:38 AM said:
As the father of a 22 year old daughter, I can say without hesitation

YES!!!!!

As a man creeping towards 50, I can say without hesitation

HELL NO!!!

Is there something you're trying to tell us? :rolleyes:

As the step-father to a 23 yr old I can say DITTO to what Bid said!

Been there done that

Been told that I had a father complex.

I was 18 and he was 47

I was 18 he was mid-late 50s (I never asked & it didn't last - he was married/separated - too afraid of being "caught")

I was 19 and he was 37 (Was a little weird that he graduated high school the same year I was born, but it wasn't something we discussed.)

I had a bigger generational gap with one that was only 12 years older. Old soul I suppose - but it just didn't work. Ended up being one of the reasons I ended it.

It all depends on the people - go and have fun! It'll work or it won't, either way not the end of the world.

Absolutely worth the shot.

<<
I move that this person's screen name be changed to "HarrisonHitsIt".
>>

Oh I like that one JD ! :D

My father was 44 and my mother was 20 when they got married. They're still married after 42 years while they've watched those who snickered at their marriage get divorced. Go for it.

mikiemo83 on 03-14-2007 at 01:00 PM said:
says the Chris Henry Fan :D of course age doesn't matter

Quite the comedian there mikie!!!! And Henry makes sure they are old enough to go to the bar now at least!!!ROFL

Hawg73 on 03-14-2007 at 01:09 PM said:
I'd like to restate my point a little.

That isn't really what I'm trying to say. It isn't just about getting in her pants and all that. Laugh if you want, but that's not it. I don't even want to know.

I believe that there is no such thing as a perfect life, a perfect relationship or a perfect anything. There are only perfect moments and if say, I was a single man and had such a chance I would consider it a chance, just a chance to live one of those perfect moments and that makes it totally worthwhile. IMO, anyways.

A "perfect moment" can take many different forms and in a case like this it could simply be to beat the fear and enjoy the company of somebody that wanted to date you, despite the stigma of the age gap. Just having a few laughs and a nice conversation or dinner or something would be a victory. Anything more would be a bonus.

Hey, if you crash and burn then you'll get over it. If you don't take the chance I'm not sure you would ever be right with it.

Well written Hawg. So many great replies I'm even a little choked up. I thank you all for your honesty and quite frankly I didn't expect this thread to get this much attention or nearly this many great responses. Maybe we could expand the board to add a dear Abby section. :D

Funny my own parents were divorced when i was a young boy of 10. My dad remarried a woman 17 yrs younger than him and I remember at that time thinking it would never last. Well they were very happily married for 20+ years. My father Passed away and my step mom was only 50 yrs old at the time. She has since remarried and I still see her a couple of times a year and she still talks about how much she loved him. He passed in 1988 yet he is still very much on her mind and in her heart. I don't know but perhaps some of that has been driving my thoughts lately. Even though i don't have any kids of my own I guess I have also thought of it as some of you who are parents of grown children in that age group. I think about my 21 yr old nephew and it seems like only yesterday he was just a child.

Anyway I'm going to take the advice from the board and give it a try and the lord knows it hasn't worked out with women my own age in the past.
I never for a moment thought at 51, I would find myself in this type of situation nor did I think I'd be apprehensive about giving it a go. I guess anything is possible in life and I'm only going this way once so why not.

Once again thanks to all of you who replied I really appreciate your thoughts.

the best thing about finding yound broads is you can train them easier than old dames. Now don't go all postal here ladies but I am old speaking out my ass

<<
I believe that there is no such thing as a perfect life, a perfect relationship or a perfect anything. There are only perfect moments
>>

Wow existential Hawg..... its almost too much to absorb.

Well said though.

When I started getting involved with women in high school, the women were between 19-27.

After I hit 30, they were between the ages of 23-27.

All I've done as I've gotten older is narrow the age group. :thumb:

If older people frown at you, remind them that they used to start working the coal mines at 7, and got married at 13. ;)

As a 50 year old I say yes..but then again when you were 30 she was 3

bideau on 03-14-2007 at 11:01 AM said:
This thread has the potential to be a classic.

In the interest of all the middle-aged membered members, I say go for it. And we DEMAND excruciating detail after it's over.

May I suggest a Red Lobster and cab fare for a first date?

You're both consenting adults so do what feels right. But if she wants to introduce you to her parents, find out their age first :D

Next time just come right out and say what ya mean, Bid. I'm not the type of person to be relied upon for fixing future posts. :Lecture:

Steve-o on 03-14-2007 at 07:28 PM said:
When I started getting involved with women in high school, the women were between 19-27.

You dated 27 yr olds that were still in high school?

Good luck to you NFL Man. Three cheers for you.

You gotta take risks. It might not work out. On the other hand... it might. If it doesn't, is it any worse than any other potential love affair that didn't pan out? You could just as easily find yourself pursuing/being pursued by a woman your own age, lose a bit of your heart and find that it doesn't work out.

Love is valuable in all its forms. Not enough of it, that's for sure.

And in keeping with some of the other posts here, while I haven't had the personal experience of a May-December myself...

About 3 months ago I had dinner with a major donor -- an incredibly beautiful woman whose husband just died in the last year.

She was 20 years his junior. She in her mid-50's now. And my god... was she in love with him. She still is. Pretty sure she always will be, no matter who else she might marry. And I'm certain there will be plenty of takers.

She reminds me of your stepmom.

Back