"It's just the System"...

Brownfan80

Dad of 7, still love the Pats!
Reaction score
I haven't been here in over a decade, so my bad on that, but I remember this place fondly.

But, is anyone else feeling this way? For all of Brady's tenure I argued against that it was "just the system". Well.. with just the system and no Tom Brady, who has been proven right?

It sucks to suck, but those years of Greatness are pretty damn well verified with this garbage football since Brady left.

Frustrated, wanted to vent, remembered this place. If this post sucks, sorry, but it does suck to suck.

I haven't been here in over a decade, so my bad on that, but I remember this place fondly.

But, is anyone else feeling this way? For all of Brady's tenure I argued against that it was "just the system". Well.. with just the system and no Tom Brady, who has been proven right?

It sucks to suck, but those years of Greatness are pretty damn well verified with this garbage football since Brady left.

Frustrated, wanted to vent, remembered this place. If this post sucks, sorry, but it does suck to suck.

Yes, it does.

Yeah, I haven't read other posts, so I'm not trying to pile on or be a troll or whatever, just... this is what we are now? Ugh. I've never felt so 40s in my life. LOL

It's always the generational player. Kraft/Bill touted the Patriot Way as a marketing strategy for the success born by having the GOAT at QB. Now they are learning just how dire life is post Brady ...

Must be tough on the generation that never knew anything but success, BF.:lol:
I have found it much tougher to watch a team rise from the ashes and then return to it. Maybe because I already knew the pain of watching a decade or 2 of a bad team and dreaded returning to it. This new gen of Pats fans are just going through it for the first time, they probably still have optimism, they have no idea what they are in for. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

I have found it much tougher to watch a team rise from the ashes and then return to it. Maybe because I already knew the pain of watching a decade or 2 of a bad team and dreaded returning to it. This new gen of Pats fans are just going through it for the first time, they probably still have optimism, they have no idea what they are in for. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
Remember the 1 game or 2 game win seasons? I sure do.

Nice to see you Brownfan80. Sorry that it took a game like this to bring you back.
I am too, but my family doesn't care about football and looks at me like an insane person for caring about the Patriots anymore, lol... like I'm supposed to stop just cuz Tom went to Tampa and then retired. I still love the Pats, I need friends and people to talk to, so here I am. Thanks for being nice.

Unfortunately yes, and home games getting blacked out on TV. Truly awful times.
I too recall those days. we were rewarded with a long stretch of greatness or at least relevance. guess all good things....

Well, I came on as a Bledsoe fan in 93, and living at that time in NC, so I never dealt with local blackouts or local anything. But I've been a fan 30 years, and this era stinks like doggie doodoo. I'll take 2002 or 2008 over this crap.

And I would watch on a 13 inch black and white TV. Those were the days of football crushes and crappy games
I watched (on a small SD tv) and recorded the 2001 playoffs on VHS, and those tapes no longer work thanks to FL humidity, but what a cool series of games i could have had on DVD if i'd switched them before time, moisture, and heat got to them.

Must be tough on the generation that never knew anything but success, BF.:lol:
I forget that my young ass that just wanted to please my dad by liking Drew Bledsoe ass was old now, and the "new" fold of fans that got weened on the second Dynsasty might experience a different let-down than the Moss years I was let down by before Julian and crew made a second run of greatness for us long-time fans.... that was a run-on that i'm not sure fully made sense, but i'm still typing, so fuck off grammatists and love you to people with hope, love, and solidarity for your favorite team.

Back