Jamie Collins-type deal could ?absolutely? happen to Brady

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Jamie Collins-type deal could “absolutely” happen to Brady

If any Patriots players or fans were stunned when linebacker Jamie Collins was sent to Siberia in the middle of the season, wait until it happens to Tom Brady.

And when and/or if it does, Brady won’t be among them.

The Patriots quarterback admitted a bit of surprise like everybody else that the talented linebacker was traded to Cleveland for a future draft pick, but he also has seen it happen often enough to know no one’s immune to that kind of treatment

Via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald, Brady was asked if he thought the same fate might befall him one day.

Yeah, absolutely,” Brady said. “You can’t be around this long and not realize that the world will keep spinning and the sun will come up tomorrow without you. That’s just the way it goes. I think you enjoy the experiences that you have and also understand it just keeps going on.

“It could happen to anybody. You just have to show up to work, do the best you can do every day and let your performance just try to speak for itself.”

You could fill an all-time roster with guys the Patriots have sent packing, from Lawyer Milloy to Adam Vinatieri to Vince Wilfork and many more in between. So the fact that a guy in a contract year was flipped when it didn’t seem likely he’d get a new contract there shouldn’t be so much of a reach.

The 39-year-old quarterback has seen a lot of friends come and go, and his father once predicted his son’s tenure there will “end badly” because of his determination to keep playing several more years.

When and/or if it does, Brady himself won’t be among the shocked.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ins-type-deal-could-absolutely-happen-to-him/

Meh...

Nothing against you for posting this BSF, but I am not going to worry about this topic until I need to. Brady is playing his best football ever and I plan on enjoying the ride.

I am also of the belief it won't end this way for Brady, but it is not something that will happen this year in any case.

I've always been of the opinion that one of the reasons Brady has been happy to sign team-friendly contracts is that he has some sort of a gentleman's agreement that precisely this sort of thing will not happen to him. I think he'll be allowed to go with dignity and grace, and in a manner of his choosing, when the time comes.

Meh...

Nothing against you for posting this BSF, but I am not going to worry about this topic until I need to. Brady is playing his best football ever and I plan on enjoying the ride.

I am also of the belief it won't end this way for Brady, but it is not something that will happen this year in any case.

Hehe...I got you more clicks anyway. :cool:

Brady will be a Patriot for life IMO. As he should be. It's not often you see a Favre/Rodgers or Montana/Young situation. JG is good but hasn't shown that he's worth getting rid of Brady good. Not yet anyway. I for one don't see that happening. Unfortunately, (or fortunately for fans not of the Pats) Brady's time is coming to an end. And it will be sooner rather than later. When it does, it will seem to happen over night. I think Brady has accomplished enough and built his legacy big enough that it will be easier for him to accept his fate and hang em up when it's time. But no way does the Pats trade him or get rid of him.

Brady will be a Patriot for life IMO. As he should be. It's not often you see a Favre/Rodgers or Montana/Young situation. JG is good but hasn't shown that he's worth getting rid of Brady good. Not yet anyway. I for one don't see that happening. Unfortunately, (or fortunately for fans not of the Pats) Brady's time is coming to an end. And it will be sooner rather than later. When it does, it will seem to happen over night. I think Brady has accomplished enough and built his legacy big enough that it will be easier for him to accept his fate and hang em up when it's time. But no way does the Pats trade him or get rid of him.

Interesting you bring up those two bolded examples - neither of which finished their careers with their original teams (save for the one day contract to retire with the their respective teams.)

Hell, even Payton ManninHgh didn't finish his career with his original team.

Who was the last great QB to do so?

Interesting you bring up those two bolded examples - neither of which finished their careers with their original teams (save for the one day contract to retire with the their respective teams.)

Elway, Marino and Kelly come to mind.

I understand the logic, but:

a) We aren't there yet. So no need to give it a lot of thought. And...

b) I don't think the same thing will happen with TB. Never say never, but it seems highly unlikely to me that the team would move him like that.

Yeah, Farve didn't even play the majority of this career with his original team...

SSDD

Marino. I guess you could throw Jim Kelly in there, although he played his first couple of years in the USFL.

Aikman, if you consider him a great QB.

Rodgers, Rivers, Ryan and Stafford are all on their original teams, but the greatness is debatable.

No one is safe. Bb has a very long history of getting rid off superstar & star players . If he thinks the team better to trade or release brady. Then it probably will happen. Kraft supports all his decisions

I think his point was that GB moved Favre out because they had Rodgers waiting in the wings, and SF moved Montana because they had Young. Brady doesn't have someone like that motivating NE to hurry him out the door.

I think his point was that GB moved Favre out because they had Rodgers waiting in the wings, and SF moved Montana because they had Young. Brady doesn't have someone like that motivating NE to hurry him out the door.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Not really true. There were injury concerns regarding Montana given his bad back/elbow and he demanded to be traded to the Chiefs. With Favre he strung them along threatening to retire season after season. Brady has been the ultimate pro taking pay cuts to help the team and improving his game and fitness as he has gotten older.

Not really true. There were injury concerns regarding Montana given his bad back. With Favre he strung them along threatening to retire season after season. Brady has been the ultimate pro taking pay cuts to help the team and improving his game and fitness as he has gotten older.

Don't be silly. The 49'ers would never have let Montana go if Young wasn't there and the Packers would never had let Favre go if it weren't for Rodgers.

Don't be silly. The 49'ers would never have let Montana go if Young wasn't there and the Packers would never had let Favre go if it weren't for Rodgers.

Of course. But my point was there were serious mitigating circumstances as to why they did not finish out their careers on their respective teams. Montana was injured and Young stepped in and played well and then Montana demanded to be traded to the Chiefs and Favre played the retirement card/unretirement card too many times.

Back