Jamie Collins-type deal could ?absolutely? happen to Brady

He is on record saying he has absolutely no interest in coaching.

I still believe TFB has a handshake deal to be coach, GM or something of that nature when HE decides to hang 'em up.

Right. Just because Bill Belichick has never had a player go right into coaching without a few years of college coaching under his belt, and rarely has he done that, combined with the fact that Brady himself just said last week that he would not consider becoming a coach-- I think it is the lock of the century that is exactly will happen.

That is because it is Tom Brady and his perfect dimples we are talking about and we, the fans, will never be able to survive without knowing that he is there......right where we can see him. It will keep our anxiety level down. Then, when he is 55 years old and standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard, we can all scream "PUT BRADY IN!!!!" every time his successor throws an interception.

And that'll be a hoot.

Right. Just because Bill Belichick has never had a player go right into coaching without a few years of college coaching under his belt, and rarely has he done that, combined with the fact that Brady himself just said last week that he would not consider becoming a coach-- I think it is the lock of the century that is exactly will happen.

That is because it is Tom Brady and his perfect dimples we are talking about and we, the fans, will never be able to survive without knowing that he is there......right where we can see him. It will keep our anxiety level down. Then, when he is 55 years old and standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard, we can all scream "PUT BRADY IN!!!!" every time his successor throws an interception.

And that'll be a hoot.

I can see a position as President good looking guys in his future. kind of like the role I thought Cam Neeley was getting before he actually started selecting talent.

Tom could end up with a position in the organization because he really is THE FACE of the new England Patriots.

I can not see him as a coach or a 12 hours a day GM.

I can see a position as President good looking guys in his future. kind of like the role I thought Cam Neeley was getting before he actually started selecting talent.

Tom could end up with a position in the organization because he really is THE FACE of the new England Patriots.

Brady can always delegate most of the job...to have a life. Like "executive vice president of football operations"...with the final say in all football matters. :shrug_n:

I'm sure he'll have some occasional/ceremonial type of role, but, really, I don't think Brady is really going to be all that comfortable with not being the actual QB and I believe that every other job he could do in football is going to seem somewhat empty or unsatisfying after the career he's had to this point.

I'm not worried about Tom, but doubt he's suddenly going to be a TV personality after all these years of playing the "franchise" role where he is always on point and extremely guarded about almost every sentence he utters in front of a microphone.

Put it this way, if Brady suddenly becomes a huge success as Kelly Ripa's next sidekick, then I'll be gobsmacked.

I think he'll end up endorsing products and selling healthy food and lifestyle stuff. I could see him having connections to the fashion world through his wife, so don't be surprised if he gets involved with his own line of clothing. He could easily use the image that he has created if he doesn't become a joke late in his career and stays at the party too long. He will want to go out on top with that image intact. And he should.

I mean.....the guy has always been a clothes horse/fashion plate. It might be a new world for him to conquer.

Whatever it is a lot of Pats fans are going to take it personally that he can't continue to be what he has been for all these years. He's not going to be hanging around Foxboro for the rest of his life. I think he's going to make a pretty clean break of it.

Brady already said post-football he is going to focus on his health and fitness company and look to mentor young athletes about taking care of their bodies to have a productive career.

I remember hearing TB say not too long ago that BB "does not care who the QB of the Pats is." The fact he is 100% right and has the humility and self awareness to say it is one reason I absolutely love them both.

All good points, I just get the feeling football is in the blood and he will remain with it in some fashion. And I think JG IS a franchise qb, so whenever TFB is ready to hang "em up is cool with me. I would have quit after the Seattle SB win.

. I would have quit after the Seattle SB win.

Well that answers that question. Been thinking you just might be Tom coming here undercover. So much for that.

Cheers, BostonTim

Brady himself has famously said he'd retire when he sucked, so one would hope it wouldn't come to the Pats unloading him somewhere.

I'm glad to see that the board culture has matured to allow this type of discussion to be had.

I am waiting for the day that Bill announces he has fired himself.

I think Bill will offer Brady the "Bruschi deal" when that day comes. (Tell him he's done in New England and how much fun retirement is and he should do that)

Back