Jessica Jones on Netflix 11/20/2015

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Man, this show is going to be killer. For those of you not familiar with the character, don't be fooled by the vanilla title. This title ran for a couple of years in comic form (under the name 'Alias') and was some of the best reading out there at the time (still is). I'm almost looking forward to this more than season two of Daredevil, but not quite.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWHUjuJ8zxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never heard of the character, but that preview looks excellent. Will definitely give it a try.

I have been looking for a new show on netflixs. Just got done watching all last season's episodes of last man standing.

That looks awesome.

I may need further exploration of this whole FiOS vs Netflix/Amazon/Apple/Hulu medium.

I know it's out there, just totally not familiar with the workings and nobody I know does it.

That looks awesome.

I may need further exploration of this whole FiOS vs Netflix/Amazon/Apple/Hulu medium.

I know it's out there, just totally not familiar with the workings and nobody I know does it.

Been thinking about this myself, + a HD antenna

W00t! Been waiting on this one for a while. :dbanana:

Never heard of the character, but that preview looks excellent. Will definitely give it a try.

A bit of background for non-comic nerds:

She was kind of an obscure character under the Marvel MAX imprint, which is basically the darker side of the Marvel universe (and a much lower print run than their major titles). Jones is a retired superhero that now runs a detective agency. I've collected comics for over 30 years and had no idea how good this series was until I read the collected edition earlier this year. Her character is pretty damaged.

In the first season, she will be running up against a villain called 'The Purple Man' played by David Tenant of Doctor Who fame. His powers are that he can make anyone do whatever he wants. Jessica has a past with him (when she was still superheroing) and I'm imagining that this series will follow that storyline as you learn what he did to her in the past to completely mess her up.

This show will lead in to the next Marvel Netflix shows: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders (which will be a team-up show with all of the characters including Daredevil).

No release date yet that I'm aware of, but believe it's due out in early 2016.

Damn,

I guess I need to get around to watching Daredevil then.

That looks awesome.

I have ,Netflix,Hulu, and Amazon, but dont have apple...Does anyone have APPLE, and if so how is it?

I have ,Netflix,Hulu, and Amazon, but dont have apple...Does anyone have APPLE, and if so how is it?

I hated Apple TV. I stick to my Sony bluray with built in WiFi . It has my amazon instant video , netflixs & Hulu apps.

Damn,

I guess I need to get around to watching Daredevil then.

Stop whatever you are doing and watch IMMEDIATELY. Give it time though, it's a tiny bit slow until Fisk shows up in around episode 4, I think.

Not everyone loved it as much as I did, but I know a bunch of folks that do. It is a great set up for Alias because all of these series take place in Hells Kitchen, NY and gives you an idea of the universe they will all be playing in eventually.

Yeah saw previews for this today and it's probably gonna get me to renew my Netflix subscription.

WTF is Spartan Locke doing on a Marvel show? Frak that ONI bastard.
This would explain why he was suddenly replaced as the voice over though.

WTF is Spartan Locke doing on a Marvel show? Frak that ONI bastard.
This would explain why he was suddenly replaced as the voice over though.

Is this written in like Portuguese or something? Some of the words look english, but the only thing I followed was 'WTF'.

Is this written in like Portuguese or something? Some of the words look english, but the only thing I followed was 'WTF'.
The Luke Cage actor was both the voice actor and the model for Spartan Locke in Halo 5. Suddenly he was replaced as voice actor. This would explain why.
Screen shot from the game.
Spartan-Locke.png

Back