Jim Irsay: Andrew Luck recovering from shoulder surgery

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Man, Irsay is just full of surprises these days. He has personally ruined Luck's career.

From Florio:
Colts owner Jim Irsay was back on Twitter Thursday morning, but he still isn’t discussing anything having to do with coach Chuck Pagano or General Manager Ryan Grigson.

His latest post isn’t lacking for newsworthy information, however. Irsay announced on Twitter that quarterback Andrew Luck had surgery on his right shoulder.

Follow
Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay
Andrew recovering from successful outpatient surgery to fix right shoulder injury that had lingered since 2015. Will be ready for season!
8:11 AM - 19 Jan 2017
267 267 Retweets 562 562 likes

Luck made multiple appearances on the injury report during the 2016 season as a result of his shoulder, although the only injury that caused him to miss time was a concussion. He was limited to seven games during the 2015 season and the Colts attributed his absence in two of those games to a shoulder injury. He also missed time with a lacerated kidney that year.

Those injuries speak to the pounding that Luck has taken over the last couple of years and explains the many calls that have been made for the team to improve their offensive line play. That remained a need this offseason even before Thursday’s reminder of Luck’s injury issues.

The lack of an O Line should have seen Grigson fired a long time ago.

it's not that difficult if it's a priority. If Jerrah Jones can do it, anybody can.

The Cowboys, Raiders, Chiefs, Falcons, Steelers and Packers all have top level O Lines. Ours is not too far off but is still a work in progress.

Russell Wilson, Newton, Luck and many others were f**ked this season because of their poor O Lines. Everything starts and ends there.

The lack of an O Line should have seen Grigson fired a long time ago.

it's not that difficult if it's a priority. If Jerrah Jones can do it, anybody can.

The Cowboys, Raiders, Chiefs, Falcons, Steelers and Packers all have top level O Lines. Ours is not too far off but is still a work in progress.

Russell Wilson, Newton, Luck and many others were f**ked this season because of their poor O Lines. Everything starts and ends there.

Joe Gibbs's philosophy was always to build his teams from the line back on both sides of the ball. He won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs, he may just have been on to something with that.

Joe Gibbs's philosophy was always to build his teams from the line back on both sides of the ball. He won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs, he may just have been on to something with that.

Unless you have TFB's instant read thermometer and lightning release. Then you don't need no stinkin" o-line.

Cheers

Man, Irsay is just full of surprises these days. He has personally ruined Luck's career.

From Florio:
Colts owner Jim Irsay was back on Twitter Thursday morning, but he still isn’t discussing anything having to do with coach Chuck Pagano or General Manager Ryan Grigson.

His latest post isn’t lacking for newsworthy information, however. Irsay announced on Twitter that quarterback Andrew Luck had surgery on his right shoulder.

Follow
Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay
Andrew recovering from successful outpatient surgery to fix right shoulder injury that had lingered since 2015. Will be ready for season!
8:11 AM - 19 Jan 2017
267 267 Retweets 562 562 likes

Luck made multiple appearances on the injury report during the 2016 season as a result of his shoulder, although the only injury that caused him to miss time was a concussion. He was limited to seven games during the 2015 season and the Colts attributed his absence in two of those games to a shoulder injury. He also missed time with a lacerated kidney that year.

Those injuries speak to the pounding that Luck has taken over the last couple of years and explains the many calls that have been made for the team to improve their offensive line play. That remained a need this offseason even before Thursday’s reminder of Luck’s injury issues.

Most likely a scoping of the shoulder joint to clean out floating bits of tissue. Nothing to see here except for Irsay wanting to make a splash on twitter.

I am glad we finally went heavy on the investment on the OL. I just hope we go heavy on the investment on defense this time.

Jim Harbaugh will fix this.

Eh, I wouldn't advise drafting any of our OL for a few classes yet. Wait a few years and after Harbs has a couple of nattys under his belt, I'm sure we'll have a tackle that you can grab with the #1 pick. If Grigson and Pagano don't reach for an undersized WR.

Eh, I wouldn't advise drafting any of our OL for a few classes yet. Wait a few years and after Harbs has a couple of nattys under his belt, I'm sure we'll have a tackle that you can grab with the #1 pick. If Grigson and Pagano don't reach for an undersized WR.
:sulk:

God I wish I had a comeback for this.

:sulk:

God I wish I had a comeback for this.

I have a Comeback (Kid). :coffee:

jim_harbaugh_michigan_smiles.jpg

Most likely a scoping of the shoulder joint to clean out floating bits of tissue. Nothing to see here except for Irsay wanting to make a splash on twitter.

Not sure about that. He won't be able to throw for 3 months and recovery timeline is 6 months assuming no set backs. He hurt the shoulder trying to make a tackle on Talib when he intercepted him so this a new injury to the shoulder not just wear and tear from throwing. The shoulder was already compromised from last year so the Talib tackle made it worse to where he needed surgery. I certainly wish him a full recovery but I would be nervous as heck as a fan given it is his throwing shoulder.

Not sure about that. He won't be able to throw for 3 months and recovery timeline is 6 months assuming no set backs. He hurt the shoulder trying to make a tackle on Talib when he intercepted him so this a new injury to the shoulder not just wear and tear from throwing. The shoulder was already compromised from last year so the Talib tackle made it worse to where he needed surgery. I certainly wish him a full recovery but I would be nervous as heck as a fan given it is his throwing shoulder.

Labrum tear? Either way a scope was likely used. The scope would have caused a labrum defect so either way the labrum is involved. Scoping the joint would have caused a defect in the joint capsule too so rehab would be similar in either case.

Back