Jim Irsay's Twitter is Exploding with Negative Feedback

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
So in regards to Irsay's SB tix giveaway - he said he'd give away two tix to someone who correctly predicted the Colts next HC. In the other Irsay thread I posted this response when the winner was just recently announced:

Jim Irsay is such a tool. He just announced the winner of his "guess the next coach of the colts" contest on Twitter in which he was giving away two SB tix to someone who guessed correctly (in which I had tweeted the correct answer!)

Do you think he picked a guy from New England or NY? You know an actual FAN of one of the teams playing??

Of course not.

Picks a guy from Carmel, Indiana! Obviously a Colts fan!

What's the deal? Willing to pay Peyton millions to do NOTHING, but not willing to pay a little airfare for someone who actually gives a damn about one of the teams playing?? I can't imagine he randomly picked someone out of his 100,000+ followers who just happens to LIVE IN FRIGINN INDIANA!!! Coincidence? Methinks not!

However this deserves it's own thread. Irsay's twitter is exploding with negative feedback in response to the winner.

Not only does the guy who won happen to be a Colts fan from Carmel, IN - but it turns out he is also a Colts season ticketholder!

AND, and this is the real kicker, Irsay's rules stipulated only one guess/tweet per person and if you look at the winner's twitter feed he actually tweeted TWICE!

I smell a conspiracy and so does the rest of the Twittersphere!

It's actually pretty funny following the backlash on twitter at the moment.

The guy who won is getting some nasty tweets too at the moment.

This is gonna get ugly.

I'll say it again: I give thanks at the altar of Robert Kraft that we don't have someone like Irsay as our owner. I personally would find his actions embarrassing at times. Not always. But often.

This whole story is a train wreck.

If Irasy wanted to take care of his own he should give up his entire luxury box of seats to colts season ticket holders to let them see how football is played,instead of whatever that was (tanking)the colts we're doing this year:stirpot:

The single biggest loser in all this.......

Chuck Pagano :jester:

I don't have a problem with it either. His customers are Colts fans. Why would he pick a Pats or Giants fan.

Why wouldn't you is my question? Does a Colts fan really need to see the Patriots play in the superbowl above a Pats or Gnats fan?

I think his best PR move would have been this (and we know he could do it if he wanted) - give one pair to a Colts fan, one pair to a Pats fan and one pair to a Gnats fan.

Nobody would have said shit if he had done that and it would be a real classy move - hook up your own fan and hook up two fans of the teams actually playing.

Why wouldn't you is my question? Does a Colts fan really need to see the Patriots play in the superbowl above a Pats or Gnats fan?

I think his best PR move would have been this (and we know he could do it if he wanted) - give one pair to a Colts fan, one pair to a Pats fan and one pair to a Gnats fan.

Nobody would have said shit if he had done that and it would be a real classy move - hook up your own fan and hook up two fans of the teams actually playing.

I don't see why you think he should care about what Pats or Giants fans think about this. He's marketing to Colts fans. That's who he is trying to make happy.

I don't see why you think he should care about what Pats or Giants fans think about this. He's marketing to Colts fans. That's who he is trying to make happy.

There are no Colts without 31 other teams right?

He is not just a part of the Colts he is a part of the NFL. As such his customers include anyone who is a fan of the NFL or any of its franchises.

There are no Colts without 31 other teams right?

He is not just a part of the Colts he is a part of the NFL. As such his customers include anyone who is a fan of the NFL or any of its franchises.

I think he is marketing to Colts fans. Apparently you don't, which is why we have reached different conclusions.

If you think about the odds, you've got to expect that a good percentage of his followers are Indy fans so the odds of the winner also being an Indy fan are much better than being a fan of any other team.

If Mr. Kraft did this and sent a Packers or Steelers fan last year...wouldn't you be pretty ticked?

I get that the winner broke the rules and if people are ticked about that...then that's understandable.

If people are ticked because he sent a fan from the team that he owns, whose fans probably make up 90% of his followers...then that doesn't make sense to me.

*Calls some Tamil friends to help deal with this situation. They owe me a few favors*

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8ZvxRUDCjA?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8ZvxRUDCjA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I think he is marketing to Colts fans. Apparently you don't, which is why we have reached different conclusions.

I think the contest was suppossed to be aimed at anyone who follows Irsay on twitter. I don't know what percentage of his followers are Colts fan per se, but as Skell said it's probably the majority, although many follow Irsay because of the sheer randomness of his tweets. He's pretty entertaining in general.

With that said, it does make sense if it was a random drawing that the winner would be a Colts fan - better odds dictate that.

But the fact that it is a Colts fan, season tix holder, and someone who broke the contest's rules all add up to a stinky situation.

I'm not genuinely pissed about it - the odds of winning are an extreme longshot even if you had the right guess. And the backlash is proving to be quite entertaining.

I just think though that if doing a contest like this he should have at least made an attempt to hook up someone who actually cared about the game's outcome is all (more than just rooting against the Pats because your a Colts fan).

Back