John Gruden fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, a person being called upon to answer for generating racist, misogynistic and homophobic comments is indicative of a culture that is raising the bar, not lowering it.
this situation it seems nutty regardless of one's beliefs about words vs. deeds. seems like it's due to p.r. only. 10 years ago...and the person wasn't employed by your entity. quite extreme, imo.

How am I bully? Because I am a white male admitting racist, sexist and bigoted people suck and want to go back to the 19th Century?
Instead of using childish emojis after running your mouth, why not use words to explain why you support bigotry?

this situation it seems nutty regardless of one's beliefs about words vs. deeds. seems like it's due to p.r. only. 10 years ago...and the person wasn't employed by your entity. quite extreme, imo.
Why does it matter how old it is? He was a guy in his late 40s acting like a 12 year old playground bully, totally unprofessional and not representing his employer's values.

Are you telling me that if you go into work and sent emails like this on the company computers or texts on a company phone, this would be acceptable and be seen as good judgement?

Guys, UT will be both p***ed off and disheartened to see this discussion here. He asked people to stop. It will be moved to the Politics forum no doubt.

Let's try to make his job a little easier eh?

Are these construction guys being paid a gazillion dollars and need to recruit black athletes and need to be leaders? Do they have a gay player they have to look at everyday in the locker room? I mean, they might. Doesn't make it right.

Since when is this meant to be "cool" when it never really was? So childish. Not saying you, but whoever your low IQ, uncultured mouthbreather construction co-workers are.

It's kind of tiring to not see adults held accountable for being scumbag bullies in our society. When will the marginalizing of minority groups end?
If a thing is unethical, or racist, or evil, or whatever it doesn't hinge on your your wealth or your importance of your position's importance. I would guess JG'a observations are based on his perceptions of rigt and wrong and of the acts more than it's participants. I.E. What was said, not who said it.

Of course you are absolutely correct. He was at high riak as a very scrutinized public figure. He acted stupidly not realizing that, and the consequences when outed,

Guys, UT will be both p***ed off and disheartened to see this discussion here. He asked people to stop. It will be moved to the Politics forum no doubt.

Let's try to make his job a little easier eh?
Thank you!

~Dee~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back