Jonas Gray

YAY FOR GRAY! :arrr:

FANTASTIC game, kid! I hope you enjoy the afterglow of getting your 1st 4 NFL TDs in ONE game. Plus assorted yard getting awesomeness in between! Back to work on Tuesday, though! :)

Was that a Pats' single game rushing record (for one RB)? If it isn't, it's probably close. Man, even if they don't re-sign Ridley at year's end, RB just moved way down our priorities list for the draft.

A HOF QB now has a stud RB. I haven't been this stoked for a Pats RB since Curtis Martin's rookie year. That smell you smell is upcoming opponents' DCs crapping their pants. :D

Was that a Pats' single game rushing record (for one RB)? If it isn't, it's probably close. Man, even if they don't re-sign Ridley at year's end, RB just moved way down our priorities list for the draft.

A HOF QB now has a stud RB. I haven't been this stoked for a Pats RB since Curtis Martin's rookie year. That's smell you smell is upcoming opponents' DCs crapping their pants. :D

"Let's not put him in Canton just yet."

I don't know if he's a stud...but my biggest concern for this team was having an efficient enough power run game. I think he fits that bill.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Let's not put him in Canton just yet."

Way too soon but lately the patriots develop No name RB's into studs. Last year with Blount and now Gray. So reality it's the coaching and the O Line and a determined Gray to cause this. But as long as TFB doesn't need to have the ball and keep opposing D's honest better for us

Steven Ridley - Drew Bledsoe to Jonas Gray's TFB?

Cheers, BostonTim

Way too soon but lately the patriots develop No name RB's into studs. Last year with Blount and now Gray. So reality it's the coaching and the O Line and a determined Gray to cause this. But as long as TFB doesn't need to have the ball and keep opposing D's honest better for us

I wouldn't classify Blount as a "stud", either. Or Benny. Or Antowain Smith.

They just need to, at bare minimum, get the yards the O-line gives you, and keep the offense in rhythm. Gray can do that.

Ridley can do more than that, but the Patriots aren't going to pay him to do more than that.

Steven Ridley - Drew Bledsoe to Jonas Gray's TFB?

Cheers, BostonTim

You realize by saying this, you're proclaiming Jonas Gray is one of the best RBs of all time, right?

I wouldn't classify Blount as a "stud", either. Or Benny. Or Antowain Smith.

They just need to, at bare minimum, get the yards the O-line gives you, and keep the offense in rhythm. Gray can do that.

Ridley can do more than that, but the Patriots aren't going to pay him to do more than that.

You realize by saying this, you're proclaiming Jonas Gray is one of the best RBs of all time, right?

Well they make the run O scary and I love it. I'll take it. I hate throwing the ball all the time. Smash mouth football is needed. I know that we are not gonna score 40 pts every game and sometimes it's better to keep the ball and run the clock and besides the PA gets more dangerous. Gray looked like Corey Dillon. Blasphemy I know but he did

Well they make the run O scary and I love it. I'll take it. I hate throwing the ball all the time. Smash mouth football is needed. I know that we are not gonna score 40 pts every game and sometimes it's better to keep the ball and run the clock and besides the PA gets more dangerous. Gray looked like Corey Dillon. Blasphemy I know but he did

Ok.

Gray had a good game. He did have 38 carries.

So you're now calling Gray a borderline Hall-of-Famer, and BT has declared him one of the best RBs in the history of the league.

He's got 70 career rushes (3rd season) and 4 career touchdowns.

This is also a team LeGarrette Blount gashed last year in the playoffs. He can barely find the field in Pittsburgh this year.

I hope he turns out to be this good, really, but if he turns out to be Benny, I'm fine with that, and I feel like that's a reasonable expectation.

He didn't say Gray is a borderline HOFer, he simply stated that his running style and physical makeup reminds him of Dillon (or at least that's how I interpreted his statement), something I'd happen to agree with.

Back