Kenbrell Thompkins

subroc

Interested Observer
Reaction score
I just read Mike Reiss's 3rd iteration of his 53 and I believe I read it on some forum, maybe here as well, that some are hopeful that the Patriots bring Thompkins back if he is cut/waived by the Oakland Raiders.

link

...and I'm keeping an eye on if Kenbrell Thompkins is waived by Oakland because his return could make sense.

Now I remember the catch in the New Orleans Saints game like it was yesterday. A great game. A great catch. Are some clouded by that one catch? Is there a real belief that a player that catches 45% of the balls thrown his way is worthy of a roster spot? Is he worth a roster spot?

Good question and I don't know the answer to it.

I predicted before that draft that BB would sign KT as an UDFA based on BB's history and KT's athletic measurables. KT had been coached up by his cousin, Steelers WR Antonio Brown; you could see it in KT's route running. What KT lacked was experience. He was thrown into the fire way too soon here, along with Dobson, through no fault of their own. IMO, KT has the athletic ability and the techniques down pretty well and I love his physicality. These things hurt him: injuries, drops, inexperience & not learning the playbook well enough (smart enough?). Only the coaches and TB can answer your question regarding bringing him back. Personally, I'd welcome another look at the kid.

I always liked him even outside of that catch. Thought he had a better rapport with Brady than all of our recent WR draft picks (outside of Julian)

Thompsons clearly must have did something to get in bb doghouse. He was barely used after his GW TD catch against the saints. Then BB cut him last year .

Quick, let's get him before the other teams inevitably pounce on him. :coffee:

Fwiw, Reiss says it was discussed. My primary concern with KT is his smarts. Is he smart enough to learn his assignments?

I would like to see KT back.

Sometimes TFB can make a mediocre WR look really good. And then TFB can make a slightly above average WR look like a Future HOF. AKA Wes Welker... We need to give Brady more credit. /Middie Mode.

Sometimes TFB can make a mediocre WR look really good. And then TFB can make a slightly above average WR look like a Future HOF. AKA Wes Welker... We need to give Brady more credit. /Middie Mode.

But, Bardy cheats...he needs that stickum...I mean...those gloves...I mean...well...the NFL says he cheats...and where there is smoke, there is fire...right?
Posted via Mobile Device

But, Bardy cheats...he needs that stickum...I mean...those gloves...I mean...well...the NFL says he cheats...and where there is smoke, there is fire...right?
Posted via Mobile Device
I asked KOK and he said nothing, but his actions told me a lot...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TnH2pgtt7_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I asked KOK and he said nothing, but his actions told me a lot...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TnH2pgtt7_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've actually performed that feat. Central Connecticut State University. 1983. In a dark room. It was pretty cool.

Back