Lavin on "Sports Pulse"

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Yeah, they are currently in a closed door meeting to discuss a new rule banning the use of 1970's Rock Documentaries or current Patriot players followed by the numbers 3:16 in their usernames.

UT will issue a completely arbitary and enigmatic sermon from the balcony later today to announce the change. :)

(Just kidding mods, don't freak out now)
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Okay... I'm coming into this late but..

Wow!

Wouldn't an easier solution have been to just suggest to the folks who have issues with certain members and don't want to read their posts, to just put them on ignore? :huh:

With the risk of getting lumped with Spinal and Bru, it does seem a bit harsh to take things to these extremes.

Yes, sometimes a member or two ruffles some feathers, but come on... It's a MB. What does anyone care what some person on a MB, that they've never met, nor probably ever will, says or thinks about them?

I just think that the ignore feature should be pointed out to more people rather than sending regulars to assclowndom.

And not to ruffle any of the mods feathers... I do have a question about this whole attack thing... So if I call someone a pig ( well, other than DC :p ) or a pussy is that know considered a personal attack?

mgoblue101415 said:

Wow!

Wouldn't an easier solution have been to just suggest to the folks who have issues with certain members and don't want to read their posts, to just put them on ignore? :huh:

With the risk of getting lumped with Spinal and Bru, it does seem a bit harsh to take things to these extremes.

Yes, sometimes a member or two ruffles some feathers, but come on... It's a MB. What does anyone care what some person on a MB, that they've never met, nor probably ever will, says or thinks about them?

I just think that the ignore feature should be pointed out to more people rather than sending regulars to assclowndom.

And not to ruffle any of the mods feathers... I do have a question about this whole attack thing... So if I call someone a pig ( well, other than DC :p ) or a pussy is that know considered a personal attack?

MGO

You can call someone a pussy only if they are on the "approved to be called a pussy" list (read: newbies who may or may not post here in the future, but are causing problems at this very moment). I agree they are being a bit harsh, but judging by this picture I took of Spinal Tap today, it appears he is taking this "Assclown" thing to a whole new level:

jwheels.jpg
:)

mgoblue101415 said:

Wow!

Mgo, I think I love you. Finally, the voice of reason has chimed in on this thread. Thank you for at least letting the mods know how you feel about the new dictatorship that has been established.

By the way, I wouldn't want to be lumped in with me either.........although there may be a hint of a "personal attack" in that phrase. I may have to tell the mods on you. Then, you'll be an assclown.

MGO

You can call someone a pussy only if they are on the "approved to be called a pussy" list (read: newbies who may or may not post here in the future, but are causing problems at this very moment). I agree they are being a bit harsh, but judging by this picture I took of Spinal Tap today, it appears he is taking this "Assclown" thing to a whole new level:

jwheels.jpg
:)

That is definately a personal attack on one Mr. Spinal Tap.

Come to think of it, if I hadn't seen Lavin on Sports Pulse last night, I probably would have lasted at least another day or two in the main forum.

By the way, how is the basket weaving session going on over there? Just curious.

The Big Lebowski said:

Overall though, the forum is what we make it. If the "good" people stop posting, then the "good" goes away. I think they will find that 99% of the forums out there are a helluva lot more negative than this place.

You've made some good points in this post and the prior one in this thread.

Indystar is a great example of a forum run amok. How many people have bailed on that place?

The planet will never be allowed to be like that place, but bear in mind the Indystar attack squad that we've been seeing here lately is fair game.

People should still be able to spill all the venom they need to on the newbie-gaybrady-tedy-should-die troll brigade and there is PLENTY of leeway to continue to engage in the same kind of good-natured "harassment" of fellow members that has been going on since this place opened.

There is a big difference between good-natured harassment and nasty flames and I think people can cleary see that difference.

The point is that we could have used the TOS dozens of times to ban people if that's what we were interested in doing. We weren't. We still aren't except in the cases of people that don't want to listen to reason.

All we did was clarify that which is not going to be tolerated any longer to make the forum a better place.

Unfortunately, not eveyone will agree with what makes it "better" but I'm sure that most people will.

The Big Lebowski said:
I am trying to figure out who hasn't posted in awhile....

The only one I can come up with is DirtyWater.

Anyone else got any guesses?

man, I missed another ****storm by being at the hospital again all day today, otherwise I'd have been heard from sooner.

why some people have to act retarded when they are obviously smart enough to know when enough is enough, who the **** knows. kids.

to one of the two new inmates: What the **** is wrong with you? cripes.

to the other new inmate: What the ****? cripes.

RoadGrader said:
man, I missed another ****storm by being at the hospital again all day today, otherwise I'd have been heard from sooner.

why some people have to act retarded when they are obviously smart enough to know when enough is enough, who the **** knows. kids.

to one of the two new inmates: What the **** is wrong with you? cripes.

to the other new inmate: What the ****? cripes.

Once again, another case of a joke combined with moderators who are a bit "tense" for some reason. Oh well, no worries.

To be honest, Boss Hawg banished me for asking Undertaker why he killed my URL link to my website. UT wouldn't answer, so I asked him again, and suddenly, like a knight riding in on a white steed, Hawg chose to banish me feeling I was badgering him or something. Anyhow, I'll live.

This is very disappointing. I haven't been around much lately, but this is disappointing and all the 25 mods did the right thing. I'd probably have made more emotional decisions because I'm the jackass mod, so it's probably best I wasn't around.

Spinal.. Man, the mods were truly saddened and got together after that NR blow up last year and wanted you back on the forum because of your football knowledge, humor and such. Why'd you have to do this? Can you not see that you and B316 are out of control? What makes you guys think think that you can just run amok here? Now, you're going after the moderators? WTF? I really don't care to hear about your politically correctness and other such martyr talk. What a bummer this is.

Bruschi 3.... I think everybody pretty much expected nothing but this from you. Par for the course, my yacht sailing friend. Enjoy your time here, as you have been an antagonist from the get go.... I like your playing devil's advocate and bandwagon fan crusade (even though I think you really ARE a Pats fan) is fun but, as per usual..... over the edge 3:16. I'm thinking that fellows with such stature as yourself would have much better message boards to take to.

MGO.... I understand what your saying, but please understand that at this point, the moderators are in a position similar to that of kindergarten instructors. Nobody gets paid for moderating this free site and it's off the wall that we have to field private messages from long time members (NOT Lavin) that are disheartened with the state of the board and the VENOM that these guys bring to the table................ on purpose.

Again, I'm not here that much lately due to this silly career thing, but I'm behind these moves all the way. I have less patience than Hawg, U59, Anni and Bideau. I've been here since this site's inception and will not tolerate misfits and rogues who have an agenda. I'm a simple kind of fellow that did not go to BC, but know a pile of f'ing bullcrap when I see it. Troublemakers are troublemakers even if they have Pats jerseys on. I'll get banned from this site before I bow to this bull****. We worked too hard to get to this point. If we lose ANY respected members due to this f'ing crap (and I don't mean James Lavin, whom I do not know at all), then I will ban anyone that needs banning. Quite a display of patience being shown here by UT, Hawg, bideau, and Anni.

Thanks,
Tim

pookie said:
This is very disappointing. I haven't been around much lately, but this is disappointing and all the 25 mods did the right thing. I'd probably have made more emotional decisions because I'm the jackass mod, so it's probably best I wasn't around.

Spinal.. Man, the mods were truly saddened and got together after that NR blow up last year and wanted you back on the forum because of your football knowledge, humor and such. Why'd you have to do this? Can you not see that you and B316 are out of control? What makes you guys think think that you can just run amok here? Now, you're going after the moderators? WTF? I really don't care to hear about your politically correctness and other such martyr talk. What a bummer this is.

Bruschi 3.... I think everybody pretty much expected nothing but this from you. Par for the course, my yacht sailing friend. Enjoy your time here, as you have been an antagonist from the get go.... I like your playing devil's advocate and bandwagon fan crusade (even though I think you really ARE a Pats fan) is fun but, as per usual..... over the edge 3:16. I'm thinking that fellows with such stature as yourself would have much better message boards to take to.

MGO.... I understand what your saying, but please understand that at this point, the moderators are in a position similar to that of kindergarten instructors. Nobody gets paid for moderating this free site and it's off the wall that we have to field private messages from long time members (NOT Lavin) that are disheartened with the state of the board and the VENOM that these guys bring to the table................ on purpose.

Again, I'm not here that much lately due to this silly career thing, but I'm behind these moves all the way. I have less patience than Hawg, U59, Anni and Bideau. I've been here since this site's inception and will not tolerate misfits and rogues who have an agenda. I'm a simple kind of fellow that did not go to BC, but know a pile of f'ing bullcrap when I see it. Troublemakers are troublemakers even if they have Pats jerseys on. I'll get banned from this site before I bow to this bull****. We worked too hard to get to this point. If we lose ANY respected members due to this f'ing crap (and I don't mean James Lavin, whom I do not know at all), then I will ban anyone that needs banning. Quite a display of patience being shown here by UT, Hawg, bideau, and Anni.

Thanks,
Tim

Pookie, you are the first moderator to semi-admit that the mods, as a whole, have it out for me. No, not because they don't like me, which they say they do. But, because other "long time members" must have made specific mention about me when bitching and moaning about the "state of the Planet". At least you have the balls to admit that there is an agenda now, I wish I could say the same for your fellow mods.

Here's the deal: I'm not a martyr, nor do I play one on TV (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night). I'm just one of the only members of this board that is not afraid to speak their mind about these retarded new rules. Think about it. I call Lavin a labia and that's it for me??? Are you f**king kidding me? It is obvious that I will not last on this site if these kinds of rules are in place to make it a kinder, gentler Patriots Planet. I'm sorry if I have an edge and will not bow down to the PC b*ll**** that has run amok on this site. At this point I'm not interested in returning to the main forum.

I appreciate what you guys did for me after the NR thing. I have never got into any pissing matches with the mods on this site. In fact, I have a great amount of respect for Hawg, UT, and the rest of you. I realize it's not easy to run this thing. I also know that you cannot please everybody. You have chosen to make Patriots Planet a place where guys like me cannot possibly exist.

Hawg, you continually make reference to the fact that I am choosing to ignore the facts in this case, whatever they may be. I submit to you that you also choose to ignore where someone like myself is coming from on this matter. You guys have taken one side of the coin and made some tough decisions. Good luck to you.

I am comfortable with my assclown status. I've come to terms with it. At least I can be myself on this forum without fear of being accused of "personal attacks". I'm sure you'll ban me soon. If so, it was nice knowing you all over the last 3 years. I had a lot of fun.

pookie said:

Do you have any idea how LAME the squash message boards are? If you only knew.

Ps- As always, Tim, thanks for your support.

"Bruschi 3.... I think everybody pretty much expected nothing but this from you. Par for the course, my yacht sailing friend. Enjoy your time here, as you have been an antagonist from the get go" - Pookie

Just for the record, if I wrote that quote about someone, I'd be warned for a personal attack. See, hypocricy.

I have no problem with anyone on this board and I would expect if anyone had a problem with me that they would Man the F*** up and PM me personally.

I hold B316 and Spinal in the same regard as P&S, Mikimo and everyone else. I'll agree that the diary thing was kinda hurtfull, but Hawgies a big boy and for every person that ragged on it there were 5 like me that enjoyed the diary.

People need to toughen the F*** up in here. This board comes off as kinda weak lately.

I know i haven't been around here all that long.....but I am a MB veteren of the likes NO ONE has ever seen before. I have accounts littered around the league and I have smacked unmercifully with posters all over......but I have never been banned (Seattle was an exception to the rule) and only have been warned once (Philly) and that was for posting the "Give a F**)ometer"

May I make a suggestion?

Save the Venom for opposing boards and incoming trolls. Infighting is like inbreeding.....it's unacceptable except on the fringes of society. Disagree away, but respect a fellow Pats fan.

I know my posts carry ZERO weight around here but take if from a poster who takes the fight TO the enemies boards......when posters of the same fan base are attacking each other....it comes off as Amaturish and they are easy pickins for the enemy.

Oh yeah, and if anyone has f***ed with Dirty Water, then I am ashamed to be a member of this board. That guy has done anything and everything that anyone has asked of him. The background on my computer is from that dude. The sig a carry on enemy boards is from that dude. Most of the graphics here are from that dude. If it comes out that he left because he was attacked by another poster here.......then I pity that dude, because I will make what everyone has been doing to B316 look like "I know you are but what am I" compared to the smack I will bring to that sorry POS.

I have never done a thing to Dirtywater, personally, and I agree he's done more for this board (in my mind) than some of the board admins. Good post.

I have never done a thing to Dirtywater, personally, and I agree he's done more for this board (in my mind) than some of the board admins. Good post.

I didn't say you did. I was using the treatment you have recieved lately as an example of what, times 1000, I will do to the poster that did.

SonsofKraftyBob, thanks for the support. We need more folks like you to come to the assclown forum and voice your opinions on this matter. The decision to "wussify" this board was done without any input from those who don't have a problem at all with how the board was before communist rule.

This is our only medium to express our discontent with the "new rules". Keep up the good work. Godspeed.

sonsofkraftybob said:
I didn't say you did. I was using the treatment you have recieved lately as an example of what, times 1000, I will do to the poster that did.

Oh I know, just wanted to get it on the record that I didn't attack DW since a certain mod will have you believe that old Bruschi 3:16 has:

1.) Stolen the Lindbergh baby
2.) Invented "new" coke
3.) Made Kirstie Alley fat
4.) Taught Monty Beisel how to tackle

Anyhow, hopefully every Pats Planet member takes this stuff as a joke and isn't as overly senstive as others.

Spinal Tap said:
SonsofKraftyBob, thanks for the support. We need more folks like you to come to the assclown forum and voice your opinions on this matter. The decision to "wussify" this board was done without any input from those who don't have a problem at all with how the board was before communist rule.

This is our only medium to express our discontent with the "new rules". Keep up the good work. Godspeed.

Bro, can't you just let it go? I mean, these are NOT OUR boards. If the mods want to restrict something why can't they? I have been on boards that are A LOT more restrictive than this place.

Just let it go. It doesn't need to be a big deal. B316 should let it go too. But he keeps bringing shat up over and over and over when if he just let it go......it would be gone and done with.

People don't need to be up each others arse all the time and keep bringing shat up that's basically "old news".

I ain't trying to be on your side, B316's side, the mods side or anyones side.

I just want to be able say, when asked by an enemy poster on an opponents MB "What's your home board?" to say it's PatriotsPlanet and say it proudly.....but rightnow, I can't do that because this place has become a f***ing disaster.....and blame goes to everyone that let it happen, from the poster with 10,000 posts to the Newb who joined last week.

Just let it go. Both of you. You can all come out of this with your pride and dignity. No one has been made the fool. No one looks bad. No one looks weak. No one looks like they caved in, no one has won and no one has lost.

YET!

sonsofkraftybob said:
Bro, can't you just let it go? I mean, these are NOT OUR boards. If the mods want to restrict something why can't they? I have been on boards that are A LOT more restrictive than this place.

Just let it go. It doesn't need to be a big deal. B316 should let it go too. But he keeps bringing shat up over and over and over when if he just let it go......it would be gone and done with.

People don't need to be up each others arse all the time and keep bringing shat up that's basically "old news".

I ain't trying to be on your side, B316's side, the mods side or anyones side.

I just want to be able say, when asked by an enemy poster on an opponents MB "What's your home board?" to say it's PatriotsPlanet and say it proudly.....but rightnow, I can't do that because this place has become a f***ing disaster.....and blame goes to everyone that let it happen, from the poster with 10,000 posts to the Newb who joined last week.

Just let it go. Both of you. You can all come out of this with your pride and dignity. No one has been made the fool. No one looks bad. No one looks weak. No one looks like they caved in, no one has won and no one has lost.

YET!

I have no problem letting it go, but understand I was warned for calling someone "sanctimonious" and eventually banished for asking a legitimate question that a third-party moderator took as badgering. If I get sent here for that (while others do much worse), I'll be back here again in now time if this is how rules are enforced.

I have no problem with opening up discussions to make this well with the mods and coming to an agreement if they do, but I'm not liked, so its not that easy.

Back