Lavin on "Sports Pulse"

sonsofkraftybob said:
Bro, can't you just let it go? I mean, these are NOT OUR boards. If the mods want to restrict something why can't they? I have been on boards that are A LOT more restrictive than this place.

Just let it go. It doesn't need to be a big deal. B316 should let it go too. But he keeps bringing shat up over and over and over when if he just let it go......it would be gone and done with.

People don't need to be up each others arse all the time and keep bringing shat up that's basically "old news".

I ain't trying to be on your side, B316's side, the mods side or anyones side.

I just want to be able say, when asked by an enemy poster on an opponents MB "What's your home board?" to say it's PatriotsPlanet and say it proudly.....but rightnow, I can't do that because this place has become a f***ing disaster.....and blame goes to everyone that let it happen, from the poster with 10,000 posts to the Newb who joined last week.

Just let it go. Both of you. You can all come out of this with your pride and dignity. No one has been made the fool. No one looks bad. No one looks weak. No one looks like they caved in, no one has won and no one has lost.

YET!

I appreciate your concern, but I'm afraid it's too late for me. I mean, Hawg has already stated that he has read nothing on this forum to convince him that he shouldn't have assclowned me. So what's the difference now? I'm not going to kiss anybody's ass just so I can be reinstated to a sanitized, friendly, and peace loving Patriots Planet main forum.

These are the facts of the case: I called Lavin a labia, then I got warned for doing so. I took offense to being warned for something so f**king stupid, so I encouraged my sentence here. I know that it's my fault that I'm here. But the fact is that my inital infraction of the rules was minor to say the least. I'm not interested in being a member of a forum community that is so thin skinned.

It's not about letting it go, or "winning". This isn't even a battle of anything. I've been banished to the assclown forum because I am who I am, that's it. I would have ended up here eventually anyway. Hawg likes to mention that it only took a few hours for me to "defy" him. I say that I just expedited an inevitable event. I am an assclown, and I'm OK with that. :thumb:

1st off I am not speaking for DW, I don't know him but I don't think anyone said anything to DW, any request made to him is answered pretty fast. He may just be busy or off to different things but appears to be checking in.

2nd - lets all sit back and think about it for a while and stop with the blame and denial games we all play. We all have done stupid things here and could be in the forum but all this "in house " fighting is making this look like a second class board. if you feel like it is by all means keep it up, if you feel the planet is something more(and I believe everyone does or they would not be still be here) think about your actions.

not attacking anyone just asking a few questions

Spinal - did you purposely start this thread the way you did to get a reaction? if so, it did and do you like the one it got. not that it matters but I don't. I'm sure there are better ways to go about it than this. I may not agree with the pussy comment to all the trolls but that is not my cup of tea. Just comes across like an internet hard arse.

bru. you can be very pleasing to read at times but man you are annoying as hell and need to ease up on a joke/play on stereotypes when they go bad.

those comments don't mean I like or dislike you two or the mods, just how I feel about the stuff everyone is bickering over. I am here on the planet because I like the majority of the people here. and like in life we all meet people who rub us the wrong way and people who we see eye to eye with, it's how we choose to address those people that sets us apart.

Spinal Tap said:
I appreciate your concern, but I'm afraid it's too late for me. I mean, Hawg has already stated that he has read nothing on this forum to convince him that he shouldn't have assclowned me. So what's the difference now? I'm not going to kiss anybody's ass just so I can be reinstated to a sanitized, friendly, and peace loving Patriots Planet main forum.

These are the facts of the case: I called Lavin a labia, then I got warned for doing so. I took offense to being warned for something so f**king stupid, so I encouraged my sentence here. I know that it's my fault that I'm here. But the fact is that my inital infraction of the rules was minor to say the least. I'm not interested in being a member of a forum community that is so thin skinned.

It's not about letting it go, or "winning". This isn't even a battle of anything. I've been banished to the assclown forum because I am who I am, that's it. I would have ended up here eventually anyway. Hawg likes to mention that it only took a few hours for me to "defy" him. I say that I just expedited an inevitable event. I am an assclown, and I'm OK with that. :thumb:

I avoid Lavin and Pires when they post just to avoid any confrontations.

I also agree that a lot of posters need to toughen up.

If they let you back in will just let it go? Or will you take jabs at them? If they let 316 back in will HE let it go or post some snide vieled comment down the road.

Either way. I have no problem with you guys but I have no problem with the mods either.

The only poster here I have a problem with is the one who F***ed with Dirty Water and I will find out who that was.

Later!!!

mikiemo83 said:

bru. you can be very pleasing to read at times but man you are annoying as hell and need to ease up on a joke/play on stereotypes when they go bad.

If you are talking about Collar Gate, I think that's already been beaten to death. I'm just trying to have some fun here, that's all, but I'm not a fan of being how to speak and/or think. That's just me, if you think about it, I'm kind of a patriot in that regard. :)

sonsofkraftybob said:
If they let 316 back in will HE let it go or post some snide vieled comment down the road.

Either way. I have no problem with you guys but I have no problem with the mods either.

The only poster here I have a problem with is the one who F***ed with Dirty Water and I will find out who that was.

Later!!!

I'm not going to attack someone again, and I dont think I've ever attacked Lavin or Pires, but at the same time, if someone comes at me, I'm not going to be a pussy, either.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
If you are talking about Collar Gate, I think that's already been beaten to death. I'm just trying to have some fun here, that's all, but I'm not a fan of being how to speak and/or think. That's just me, if you think about it, I'm kind of a patriot in that regard. :)
not just collar gate and trust me I know I also get stuck on a subject.

actually if you were a patriot player Bill does tell them exactly how to speak. how often do you hear and original thought out of a player during an interview?

sonsofkraftybob said:

Later!!!

jesus, people really need to read posts more carefully.

Noone said DW has left because he was attcked. I merely noted that I haven't seen him around. Hawg then used him as an EXAMPLE, not a reality.

On top of that, it's been suggested that people have stopped posting here because it feels negative. Not because they were attacked personally, though maybe they were.

The point is, DW is pure speculation. As I said before, I typically observe him (as well as you sokb) posting on the enemies board as well, and I haven't seen him there either.

mikiemo83 said:

actually if you were a patriot player Bill does tell them exactly how to speak. how often do you hear and original thought out of a player during an interview?

No, but UT doesn't pay me a signing bonus either...

Bruschi 3:16 said:
I'm not going to attack someone again, and I dont think I've ever attacked Lavin or Pires, but at the same time, if someone comes at me, I'm not going to be a pussy, either.

No one (Me especially) expects you too. But don't BS a B****ter. I have seen a ton of times where you hijack a thread and turn it into everyone hates me.

I don't usually "get it" as I wasn't around for the initial incident but trust me bro.......I have seen it.

If you just let it go it would be gone.

Either way, I said my piece and then some. You guys are ok in my book, I just wish it didn't have to come to this and both sides could step back, laugh it off, get over it and start anew.

Later.

The Big Lebowski said:
The point is, DW is pure speculation. As I said before, I typically observe him (as well as you sokb) posting on the enemies board as well, and I haven't seen him there either.

It has been a bye week dude. Bye weeks typically are spent at home, not abroad.

But you are right, it is speculation but still, that would suck considering what he has done.

Thank you SOKB.

You have crystalized many of my thoughts well.

If you have the time, I encourage you to stick around.

mikiemo83 said:
1st off I am not speaking for DW, I don't know him but I don't think anyone said anything to DW, any request made to him is answered pretty fast. He may just be busy or off to different things but appears to be checking in.

2nd - lets all sit back and think about it for a while and stop with the blame and denial games we all play. We all have done stupid things here and could be in the forum but all this "in house " fighting is making this look like a second class board. if you feel like it is by all means keep it up, if you feel the planet is something more(and I believe everyone does or they would not be still be here) think about your actions.

not attacking anyone just asking a few questions

Spinal - did you purposely start this thread the way you did to get a reaction? if so, it did and do you like the one it got. not that it matters but I don't. I'm sure there are better ways to go about it than this. I may not agree with the pussy comment to all the trolls but that is not my cup of tea. Just comes across like an internet hard arse.

those comments don't mean I like or dislike you two or the mods, just how I feel about the stuff everyone is bickering over. I am here on the planet because I like the majority of the people here. and like in life we all meet people who rub us the wrong way and people who we see eye to eye with, it's how we choose to address those people that sets us apart.

I started this thread because I really did see Lavin on Sports Pulse two nights ago. I think Lavin is a total gash so I poked fun at him in this post. Apparently I chose the wrong day to do it because the Soviets had already posted their rules.

Also, I do not call all fans of other teams "pussies". It's only Colts fans that I call pussies. The reason being is that their favorite team's roster is loaded with them.

Spinal, Lavin is an author. Pires is a journalist. They deserve respect when posting here. Having them post elevates this board above others boards and gives us a little more credibility.

And by respect, I don't mean kissing arse.....it can be just not responding. Not calling him a name.

Dude, I have never responded to Lavin or Pires. I have never "given" them respect......but I also have never disrespected them.

You know, I'm trying here. I want you guys back in there. The board is a better place WITH you there. This is the week before the Colts game on MNF and the threads and posts in there are pathetic....but if your gonna be so friggin stubborn then why am I even bothering?

Just toughen the f*** up and deal with the fact that there are a couple, minor, little rules about f***ing over fellow pats fans.

Dude, it's not a big deal like your playing it up to be. Seriously, suck it up and come back anew. You too B316, and cut it out with playing the "poor me" bit. Most don't care or understand it anyways.

sonsofkraftybob said:
Spinal, Lavin is an author. Pires is a journalist. They deserve respect when posting here. Having them post elevates this board above others boards and gives us a little more credibility.

And by respect, I don't mean kissing arse.....it can be just not responding. Not calling him a name.

Dude, I have never responded to Lavin or Pires. I have never "given" them respect......but I also have never disrespected them.

You know, I'm trying here. I want you guys back in there. The board is a better place WITH you there. This is the week before the Colts game on MNF and the threads and posts in there are pathetic....but if your gonna be so friggin stubborn then why am I even bothering?

Just toughen the f*** up and deal with the fact that there are a couple, minor, little rules about f***ing over fellow pats fans.

Dude, it's not a big deal like your playing it up to be. Seriously, suck it up and come back anew. You too B316, and cut it out with playing the "poor me" bit. Most don't care or understand it anyways.

sons, it's really not up to either me nor bru. the mods have made themselves perfectly clear on this matter. i, for one, understand exactly where they are coming from. if the board sucks then that the mods problem. not that my presence would make it any better.........i barely even post there. like i said, it's not up to me. but thanks for making me feel wanted.

I also don't think that Lavin's profession should give him immunity to ass thrashing. He started the whole thing by jumping on Alchy's ass about making fun of the Bills fans. I'm sorry, but just because he's an author does not entitle him to my respect, especially when he disrespects a fellow member of the board whom I happen to agree with. It should go both ways.

sonsofkraftybob said:

SOKB

Its not like we are here by choice, we are banished here. I'd love to be given a second chance, but it ain't my call.

Spinal Tap said:
I also don't think that Lavin's profession should give him immunity to ass thrashing. He started the whole thing by jumping on Alchy's ass about making fun of the Bills fans. I'm sorry, but just because he's an author does not entitle him to my respect, especially when he disrespects a fellow member of the board whom I happen to agree with. It should go both ways.

Personally I'm actually glad he's gone. The way people used to suck up to him and kiss his ass made me sick, and was a huge reason why I stopped posting on the main forum this past summer and spent most of my time on the Political board only.

I also have to admit that I'm a bit biased against someone who would come on here as him or herself in an effort to demand instant respect. Furthermore, I find it interesting how his arrival and departure revolved perfectly around the release of his book.

I usually don't get involved in these disputes, but Spinal has been around here for a while (longer than most), and it is seriously bothering me that he is being banished over this.

I realize that the mods keep saying that this is more than just Lavin, but that isn't the way it looks to many of us. There weren't any comments made about the "bad" turn the board was taken at any point. All I know is the Wyo thread happened and then BAM, we get new rules.

Drawing a line in the sand is great if you're willing to depart with valued members. That's what has happened here I'm afraid.

The feeling that we were all supposed to kiss Lavin's ass never sat well with me either. Pires seems like a good guy, to me anyways.

My attitude is if they don't want to be there, screw them.

I know it looks like that Spidey, and that can't be helped. But you know what? These aren't new rules either. These are things that have been in the Terms Of Service Agreement for years.

Yes, the Wyo thread set the emphasis into motion, but this has been brewing for months.

I don't think the request, that I stated in the other thread, is all that outlandish, in order to maintain SOME level of civility and preventing multiple threads from being hijacked for pissing contests.

Back