Local Sports Radio Takes A Dive

Any if you ever go to Larry’s Clam Bar up in Hampton? Outstanding burgers. Miss that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can get up to Hampton in under a hour, usually several times each summer on a weeknight I blast up there on the MC and get a bite and take in the sights. Never gets old.

So minihane went to barstool sports. Quite the flame war with him and weei and portnoy.

No wonder they’re dropping. Listened to Callahan mock interest in hockey - “oooh, some good Kampfer talk” - heard Reimer was there and click.

98.5 blessed us with Toucher expounding on his knowledge of craptastic 80s-90s sitcoms. Awesome!

We’re in the fvcking Cup Finals! Both program directors SHOULD be opening up a BJs size can of whoop ass.

Felger and Mazz have been doing a lot of B's talk.
Toucher and Rich is an entertainment show with some sports mixed in. I don't expect much when they are on for hard hitting sports commentary
having said that, they do have some good bits like Naughty Mazz or Townie Jeopardy

Felger and Mazz have been doing a lot of B's talk.
Toucher and Rich is an entertainment show with some sports mixed in. I don't expect much when they are on for hard hitting sports commentary
having said that, they do have some good bits like Naughty Mazz or Townie Jeopardy

Yes, they've been doing hockey. Felger is a puck head. But his little chihuahua doesn't know crap about hockey or generally any other sport. And, of course, even the hockey talk comes with a negative spin. They had a caller earlier this week who blasted them for taking a crap all over the good run by the B's and their only response was too bad, that's who we are.

I went back to listening to music.

Yes, they've been doing hockey. Felger is a puck head. But his little chihuahua doesn't know crap about hockey or generally any other sport. And, of course, even the hockey talk comes with a negative spin. They had a caller earlier this week who blasted them for taking a crap all over the good run by the B's and their only response was too bad, that's who we are.

I subscribed to SiriusXM a few months back and never looked back - NFL Channel mostly. Very informative of the entire league & very complimentary of all things Patriots.

I subscribed to SiriusXM a few months back and never looked back - NFL Channel mostly. Very informative of the entire league & very complimentary of all things Patriots.

Their NHL channels been pretty good through the playoffs too

Felger claims to be a puck head. But anybody with any knowledge of the game can see right through the fact he does little if any show prep. He’s knowledgeable enough to not sound the fool in studio with his tired cast.

Just heard them the other day say Maz coaches his 12 yr old team. Those poor fvcking kids.

Music is the way to go. I go deep dive at home with NHL Network and the national broadcast coverage. I will not let these local douchebags ruin my Cup run with their asterisks and quantifiers. “Yeah, but they didn’t play anyone!” Really?

So the team that dispatched the best team in the league by a country mile in a sweep is just a nobody?

Or the team that knocked off the defending Cup champs in 7? Then the Isles team that swept the Pens? Nobodies?

Those 3 in the booth are the nobodies.

Felger claims to be a puck head. But anybody with any knowledge of the game can see right through the fact he does little if any show prep. He’s knowledgeable enough to not sound the fool in studio with his tired cast.

Just heard them the other day say Maz coaches his 12 yr old team. Those poor fvcking kids.

Music is the way to go. I go deep dive at home with NHL Network and the national broadcast coverage. I will not let these local douchebags ruin my Cup run with their asterisks and quantifiers. “Yeah, but they didn’t play anyone!” Really?

So the team that dispatched the best team in the league by a country mile in a sweep is just a nobody?

Or the team that knocked off the defending Cup champs in 7? Then the Isles team that swept the Pens? Nobodies?

Those 3 in the booth are the nobodies.

Felger has it made. He shows up for "work", doesn't have to prepare bc he knows all he has to do is go negative on one thing and beat that horse to death. What a job he has!

Felger and Mazz purposely play the negative/contrarian thing. The only part I agree with them is when they say "if we all just sing praises of the teams that would get boring". It is one of the things I check, along with Sirius XM. I have Mad Dog sports, NHL, NFL and when sox were on playoff run I even had MLB set as a favorite.

love Sirius/XM

..."if we all just sing praises of the teams that would get boring... .

If all you do is **** on everything in sight, it gets even more boring (for me if not the masses).

Cheers

If all you do is **** on everything in sight, it gets even more boring (for me if not the masses).

Cheers

I haven't listened to 5 minutes of sports talk radio in the last couple of years, but what I really wonder about is if Felger (etc.) is actually correct in his theory that Boston sports fans are like moths to the flame of his negative/critical approach. He is the master button pusher and fans are his meat puppets.

It doesn't work for me and others, but maybe it works better than a more, ummmm, truthful and accurate approach would in the overall.

I haven't listened to 5 minutes of sports talk radio in the last couple of years, but what I really wonder about is if Felger (etc.) is actually correct in his theory that Boston sports fans are like moths to the flame of his negative/critical approach. He is the master button pusher and fans are his meat puppets.

It doesn't work for me and others, but maybe it works better than a more, ummmm, truthful and accurate approach would in the overall.

Yes indeed. I believe that's the case and it's the reason for my parenthetical qualification.

Cheers

The thing about being negative all the time is that you lose all credibility. If you're positive all the time, you lose it, too, though as a fan, it's way more agreeable to listen to, ha! But writers/pundits who are simply negative all the time indicate to me that they don't think about their subject at all, it's just how can I spin it negatively to get viewers/clicks? To me that's lazy and predictable and BORING.

Example: I never read Borges because he lost credibility years ago. You can't believe anyone who takes the same slant on things. Very insincere, like a pumpkin patch with a kid who doesn't believe in the Great Pumpkin! :D

Back