Looking ahead to the Jets

NateDawg920 said:
Are you joking or are you guys really this dumb?

"Oh..Brady shouldn't play the opener of the season...Cassell's should play"...yeah...real bright...:thumb: ...and why is that...because Cassell's couldn't even shine in the preseason against backups??...LOL

And to add to the stupidity in this thread you guys think the lowly Jets are a dark horse because they have one of your former co-ordinators as their head coach now???...talk about arrogance and ignorance all rolled up into one dumbass thread..LOL

The Jets are about as good as the Texans and the Packers right now...they have no good running back while the Bills have a top 10 RB...but you're afraid of the Jets running the ball...man you guys are brilliant!..LMAO!!

Are you implying that the Jets will be an even bigger pushover than the Bills? Quite frankly I find that hard to believe. No the Jets are the true heir to the AFC East throne this season. I just hope the extra week of gameplanning is enough to give us a shot at em.

NateDawg920 said:

There's nothing dumb about keeping your eyes on the prize. The Buffalo game amounts to a fifth preseason game for us, so we need to look ahead to arguably our biggest game of the year--9/17 against the Jets.

"Oh..Brady shouldn't play the opener of the season...Cassell's should play"...yeah...real bright...:thumb: ...and why is that...because Cassell's couldn't even shine in the preseason against backups??...LOL

1. His name is "Cassel" not "Cassell's"
  2. No one argues he's as good as our starter, that's why he's the backup.
  3. Because we can better afford to lose Cassel if a freak accident occurs, we are of the almost universal mindset that we ned to preserve Brady for the true test against the Jets, and utilize Cassell in the warmup game against the Bills, so as to protect our golden investment (Tom Terrific).
    [/list=1]

And to add to the stupidity in this thread you guys think the lowly Jets are a dark horse because they have one of your former co-ordinators as their head coach now???...talk about arrogance and ignorance all rolled up into one dumbass thread..LOL

You clearly don't know the power of the Mangini. Rather than being arrogant or ignorant of his awesomeness, we are appropriately reverent of it, having had the benefit of his brilliance in Foxboro for some time. You don't know Eric Mangini, I mean, he's so smart, they hooked him up to a big computer to try to teach him some things, but he had so much knowledge it overloaded and then it got really hot and caught on fire!

Plus, he knows our system inside and out.

The Jets are about as good as the Texans and the Packers right now...they have no good running back while the Bills have a top 10 RB...but you're afraid of the Jets running the ball...man you guys are brilliant!..LMAO!!

The Jets are a legitimate SB contender. The Bills have the Waterboy and a gimp RB. There's no reason to focus on Buffalo when we have New York looming.

You knew that didn't you, and that's why the Jets fans sent you here. To distract us...it's cool, we know the arrangement you guys have worked out.

NateDawg920 said:

It's quite obvious that we're really this dumb. I mean why would you play Brady against the Bills? Seriously? Is there any reason you can come up with that would entertain such a scenario, especially with the Jets looming in the background like some Faustian devil ready to raid their souls. Yeah, I didn't think so.

Cassel practiced against players at USC that would essentially overrun the starting lineup of the Bills so I don't see how he could be detriment against them, in fact he'd probably thrive.

Now the Jets are a different story and if you read any posts illuminating the problems they present you'd feel the same way.

Look the Colts fans are always telling us how the league does favors for the Pats, well this years favor is a home opener against the Bills.

It's just like Texas opening up with North West Texas State before playing against Ohio State the next week.

And by the way, I wanted to thank you guys for dropping in. Your troll-lite visits will help us prepare for the gang-green invasions next week. I mean those guys are FIERCE.

The last time I saw SundayJack lurking I lost control of my bladder right here at my desk. I get the shivers just thinking about matching wits with that type of legend.

I say we rest the whole team and play the practice squad and a few fill in's from the semi-pro league so we don't give Mangini and the Jets any film to go over for our meeting the following week.

You guys are right..... in fact..EVEN IF Bruschi is ready to play you should rest him....

You wouldn't want his already fragile head to pop like a grape in the middle of the game.....

Lil' Ted: Whats that coming out of daddies helmet Mommy?

Mrs Bruschi: Look away children...(gasping in horror as Tedys liquified brains ooze out over the Patriots silver onto the field)

Looks like the inevitable finally happened...... no more faggy promos of running with Daddy on the field before games......finally.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

One of the things that worries me about Mangini is that he obviously knows all of Belichick's tricks, so that if, for example, they do play Maroney a lot against the Bills, or pass a lot to the Tight Ends, he will understand that it's all a ruse to confuse the Jets' preparation.

The more I think about this, the more confusing it gets.

Maybe we should just concentrate on playing the Bills this week in what amounts to a fifth exhibition game. There is still a lot of player evaluation to be done, especially among the new wide receivers, and not worry about the Jets at all until AFTER this game against the Bills.

NAH.

WXP said:
You guys are right..... in fact..EVEN IF Bruschi is ready to play you should rest him....

You wouldn't want his already fragile head to pop like a grape in the middle of the game.....

Mrs Bruschi: Look away children...(gasping in horror as Tedys liquified brains ooze out over the Patriots silver onto the field)

Looks like the inevitable finally happened...... no more faggy promos of running with Daddy on the field before games......finally.

Hello son, welcome to the Assclown Forum.

Annihilus hopes you enjoy your stay.

(No, we don't look at jokes about life threatening situations as being funny). L8R.

WXP said:

:lame:

Enjoy the assclown. I predict you will be sent there. :thumb:

EDIT* Never mind, Anni already took care of it. ROFL

Forget about the Bills. They suck and I don´t see how they could possibly be of any kind of threat to our team. They wouldn´t even be a match to our 3. stringers.

Lets concentrate on the Jets instead. The Pats has to bring their A+ game and play REALLY, REALLY plat well even to be able to compete with these guys. We all know what Chad Pennington can do. The guy has the strongest arm in the entire league IMHO. Mangini knows our playbook in and out and has probably picked Hank Poteats brain before he let poor Hank go. Hank played for us in our last SB but wasn´t even good enough to be a backup with this powerfull Jets team. Thats how good they are. I just don´t see how we could possibly hope to win this game. Good thing though that the NFL gave us 2 weeks to prepare for this big event. Maybe we should just forget about playing our 5. preseason game on Sunday and just concentrate on our gameplan against the Jets. Give our players some rest too. They will need it come September 17.

WXP said:

Wow that was pretty funny. Your jealousy of Tedy and all his bling is clearly evident. The bling on Tedy's one finger alone....this one:4321: is more than your whole franchises history combined.ROFL :LOL: ROFL :LOL:

NateDawg920 said:

I don't think you realize that the new HC of the NYJ is Bill Belichick's former protege. While he's obviously not as good as Belichick is, he's still better than anyone else coaching today. Once he gets his system fully installed, look out.

:Lecture:
________
Honda NSR500V specifications

Patriots4ever said:
:lame:

Enjoy the assclown. I predict you will be sent there. :thumb:

EDIT* Never mind, Anni already took care of it. ROFL

Well, at least this one actually found the Assclown forum.

Pats and Sox said:
There's nothing dumb about keeping your eyes on the prize. The Buffalo game amounts to a fifth preseason game for us, so we need to look ahead to arguably our biggest game of the year--9/17 against the Jets.

1. His name is "Cassel" not "Cassell's"
  2. No one argues he's as good as our starter, that's why he's the backup.
  3. Because we can better afford to lose Cassel if a freak accident occurs, we are of the almost universal mindset that we ned to preserve Brady for the true test against the Jets, and utilize Cassell in the warmup game against the Bills, so as to protect our golden investment (Tom Terrific).
    [/list=1]

You clearly don't know the power of the Mangini. Rather than being arrogant or ignorant of his awesomeness, we are appropriately reverent of it, having had the benefit of his brilliance in Foxboro for some time. You don't know Eric Mangini, I mean, he's so smart, they hooked him up to a big computer to try to teach him some things, but he had so much knowledge it overloaded and then it got really hot and caught on fire!

Plus, he knows our system inside and out.

The Jets are a legitimate SB contender. The Bills have the Waterboy and a gimp RB. There's no reason to focus on Buffalo when we have New York looming.

You knew that didn't you, and that's why the Jets fans sent you here. To distract us...it's cool, we know the arrangement you guys have worked out.

1. There's no way I'm reading this stupidity..

I got to the part where you're again trying to explain starting your wack-azz backup QB over Brady in the freakin' season opener...and a divisional game at that!!...man...you are a GENIUS!!

On top of that you go on to pick apart my post like you're debating here..look pal...be ready to see a lot of Willis McGahee like the last time we were at Gilette...and I don't really care how anything about your team is spelled..LOL..and ANYONE who fears a game against the Jets and their pathetic running attack this season is a fool..

So,that pretty much amounts to the majority of people in this thread...

A game against the Jets is the biggest test..AHAHAHAHA!!! ROFL

:4321:

dchester said:
I don't think you realize that the new HC of the NYJ is Bill Belichick's former protege. While he's obviously not as good as Belichick is, he's still better than anyone else coaching today. Once he gets his system fully installed, look out.

:Lecture:

I seriously think half of you guys would wipe BB's azz for him if he wanted you to..

Good lord...you had a great team...it's no longer great...the great players have all gone and you're left with Seymour and Brady...wow..."oh wait...we have BB...and the Jets have Mangini...so these MUST be the two Super Bowl contenders..lets not think about the fact that the Jets were about as good as the Texans last year...hell,noodle arm is back and they drafted some good lineman while losing the only offensive threat they had in Curtis Martin...but they have...MANGINI!!...they're a threat to win the Super Bowl now...WOW!!"..

Seriously...do you people read your own drivel...it's hilarious...LOL

Reality...here it comes...ready??

This game will come down to ball control...if you cannot stop the run you're in big trouble...guess what...you probably won't stop the run...so this game will be close...and if you're all being real here in how confident you are..I'm gonna be laughing my azz off when half-time rolls around and the game is within 3...and you're all here trying to console each other.."oh...it'll be okay guys...just wait...BB's gonna win this one for us"..(voice of reason) "but what about our offense??..everything those Buffalo trolls said about our offense is coming true..why did we let all of our stars leave...whyyy??"..(logic gets slapped away) "NO!!...I won't hear of it...BB is my GOD...he'd never let us lose..NEVER!!"...

Final score:

Buffalo-24

New England-16

NateDawg920 said:
There's no way I'm reading this stupidity..

I got to the part where you're again trying to explain starting your wack-azz backup QB over Brady in the freakin' season opener...and a divisional game at that!!...man...you are a GENIUS!!

On top of that you go on to pick apart my post like you're debating here..look pal...be ready to see a lot of Willis McGahee like the last time we were at Gilette...and I don't really care how anything about your team is spelled..LOL..and ANYONE who fears a game against the Jets and their pathetic running attack this season is a fool..

So,that pretty much amounts to the majority of pople in this thread...

A game against the Jets is the biggest test..AHAHAHAHA!!! ROFL

:4321:

Well I hate to break it to you because it's appearing you may actually be a Bills fan (or a really really good Jets fan trying to distract us) but the Jets are indeed our first test of the season.

I don't know where you're getting this "no running game" stuff about the Jets but have you seen Barlow during the preseason? Sure the numbers aren't there but I've seen flashes of brilliance from him and I really think he may be a future HOFer when it's all said and done.

The Jets D has also been (from what they've occasionally shown from the playbook) lights out and it's just common sense that we can't risk Brady or Possibly even Cassel in this game against the Bills. Troy Brown is a better matchup than Losman and I'm kinda expecting a Jets player to cheapshot one of our QBs next week.

Next week is gonna be a big game and the more starters we can rest for this "bye week" the better.

I seriously hope they name Faulk the starting RB this week as well. We're gonna need Dillon and Maroney fresh for next week's game.

Alcoholic9 said:
Well I hate to break it to you because it's appearing you may actually be a Bills fan (or a really really good Jets fan trying to distract us) but the Jets are indeed our first test of the season.

I don't know where you're getting this "no running game" stuff about the Jets but have you seen Barlow during the preseason? Sure the numbers aren't there but I've seen flashes of brilliance from him and I really think he may be a future HOFer when it's all said and done.

The Jets D has also been (from what they've occasionally shown from the playbook) lights out and it's just common sense that we can't risk Brady or Possibly even Cassel in this game against the Bills. Troy Brown is a better matchup than Losman and I'm kinda expecting a Jets player to cheapshot one of our QBs next week.

Next week is gonna be a big game and the more starters we can rest for this "bye week" the better.

I seriously hope they name Faulk the starting RB this week as well. We're gonna need Dillon and Maroney fresh for next week's game.

OMG...are you sure YOU guys aren't the freakin' Jets fans??..LOL

Get off Mangini's nutz boys...he ain't gonna make much of a difference in the first year...the Jets are in for anything between 4-12 to 6-10..

I'm sure a San Fran cast-off won't do enough to fill the shoes of a future HOF'er...but if you were watching the pre-season you'd know that Willis McGahee has trimmed back down and is looking just like he did in '04...no one is talking about Barlow while PLENTY of people are talking about McGahee..

Anyways...that's enough...I can't sit here and talk to people who actually believe the Jets are anything but basement dwellers this year...you guys are weird..LOL

Welcome to the Planet WXP, blah, and NateDawg920. You are three of the keenest newcomers we have seen here in a while. :bow: Are y'all here in response to the Planets' lead in the
SI poll rating the top Patriots' fan sites? If so, that's a SUPER score for us! (or are you recently converted Jets fans, sent here to torment us? :( )

I commend you all on your insightful feedback concerning the Jets. They are a tough team, but certainly must have at least one weakness that BB and company can exploit, don't you think?

If a team can get rid of players like Ty Law, Kevin Mawae, and John Abraham because they could no longer contribute, I'd say that's a dynasty-in-the-making they've got going on down there in New Jersey. Don't even get me started on the magic I think Mangini is working with them.

I have to agree and say that The Jets Running attack will be the biggest early test we will see this season.

Man Genie, uh I mean Aladdin, Oh Come on guys what exactly is a MAN GENIE? Sounds kind of magical doesnt it? Thats right the Jets have the Magic man.

Hopefully we can keep it close, I hope we dont lose by more than 14. :banghead:

Back