Looking at the AFC East - 2016

Hogan was definitely underutilized by the Bills but that's what happens when your QB can't throw well consistently. I look for really good things from Hogan this year.

Hogan was definitely underutilized by the Bills but that's what happens when your QB can't throw well consistently. I look for really good things from Hogan this year.

This essay only confirms that Hogan is not a big split end or "X" receiver. The closest player on teh team to that specification is still Aaron Dobson. Everyone else si playing out of position there and at best a compromise. I truly hope that Dobson finally has an injury free season. In such a circumstance he will fill that hole that has long existed on the Patriots since Randy Moss filled it with distinction.. It is also compromised and complicated by Brady's weakness throwing the long ball.But just maybe Tom's incapacity was the e absence of a true split end. He never had a problem with the long ball when Moss was here. :toast:

This essay only confirms that Hogan is not a big split end or "X" receiver. The closest player on teh team to that specification is still Aaron Dobson. Everyone else si playing out of position there and at best a compromise. I truly hope that Dobson finally has an injury free season. In such a circumstance he will fill that hole that has long existed on the Patriots since Randy Moss filled it with distinction.. It is also compromised and complicated by Brady's weakness throwing the long ball.But just maybe Tom's incapacity was the e absence of a true split end. He never had a problem with the long ball when Moss was here. :toast:

The author could be right about Hogan being a flanker but I have a differing pov. Can Hogan play flanker? Of course he can and he did with Buffalo but with Amendola and Edelman alternately playing Slot and flanker Hogan seems much too valuable to be depth for them. He proved in OTAs and mini camp that he can be a great outside the numbers receiver. He's a big target and is a more efficient receiver than Dobson, Martin, or Harper (64% vs about 50% for the others). Otoh, Hogan could be lined up at any WR position and prosper imo. From X he's big enough and has the hands to challenge any db going across the middle. Plus, he's fast enough to go deep especially with TB12's ability to run fake and look off a safety.

Those 3 plus Malcolm Mitchell are locks to make the 53 barring injury. Dobson seems to be in a fight with 4 others, Nate Washington, Keshawn Martin, Chris Harper and Devin Lucien for 1 last WR spot. Martin's ability to return punts and kicks adds to his versatility. Dobson has a lot to prove before he makes this team. That's just my opinion of course. I look for Lucien to make the PS or get the Foxboro Flu. Time will tell.

The author could be right about Hogan being a flanker but I have a differing pov. Can Hogan play flanker? Of course he can and he did with Buffalo but with Amendola and Edelman alternately playing Slot and flanker Hogan seems much too valuable to be depth for them.

I believe Hogan was brought in to fill either Edelman or Amendola roles. Both are 30+ and both are coming off injuries. I don't believe Bill expects to have either one play all 16 games and should one go down with a longer injury like Edelman did last year than Hogan is there to fill in. He could def. play outside but I would be shocked if that was his main role this year.

I believe Hogan was brought in to fill either Edelman or Amendola roles. Both are 30+ and both are coming off injuries. I don't believe Bill expects to have either one play all 16 games and should one go down with a longer injury like Edelman did last year than Hogan is there to fill in. He could def. play outside but I would be shocked if that was his main role this year.

Agreed. I just think 454 was bringing up his additional value and versatility. Hes an interesting guy. Im not delusional about #s he'll put up. I just dont think we've seen anything close to what he's actually capable of. Especially with Tom.

The AFC East is the gift that keeps on giving.

:facepalm:

Dad bod may put Karlos Williams on the sideline at Bills camp

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2016, 6:37 AM EDT

No NFL player has been listed on an injury report as being sidelined with a dad bod, but Bills running back Karlos Williams may be the first.

Williams acknowledged during minicamp that he was overweight, which he attributed to his fiancee’s pregnancy.

Now the Buffalo News reports that Williams will probably start training camp doing conditioning work on the sideline because it’s unrealistic for him to lose the 20-25 pounds he needs to lose by the time camp opens. Bills coach Rex Ryan said at minicamp that Williams was “not anywhere close to where he needs to be to play at a high level” and that the Bills were concerned that trying to lose the weight too fast could lead to an injury.

Rotoworld notes that Williams weighed 230 at the Combine, which means his dad bod weight is likely in the 250 range. That’s not where the Bills want him to be.

The AFC East is the gift that keeps on giving.

:facepalm:

Dad bod may put Karlos Williams on the sideline at Bills camp

The only downside to this goofy story is that w/McCoy and Gillislee the running game will probably be fine until he is ready.

And that shouldn't be too long if he follows the standard method:

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/losing-baby-weight

BREASTFEEDING AND WEIGHT LOSS
Although shedding 10, 20 or more pounds post-baby might seem insurmountable, it may take less “work” — or at least hours pounding it out on the treadmill — than you might think. That’s because, as many new moms will attest, breastfeeding helps melt off the pounds in record time.

Eezy Peezy.

Cheers, BostonTim

If he's healthy, this is a great move. And for $1.5 mil, I wish we had grabbed him.

Yep. Got him for a bag of rocks. Bill must have felt he had nothing left or was too injury prone.

Good ol Dolphins ROFL
Hopefully he can give the Dolphins what he gave the 49ers in 2015: 28 total yards on 8 attempts. So glad we didn't sign Bush last year and just as pleased right now to have passed on Foster.

If he's healthy, this is a great move. And for $1.5 mil, I wish we had grabbed him.

It's not much money for a talented veteran RB who has averaged 4.5 yds/carry over his career but it is a lot of money for one coming off achilles tendon rupture only 8 months ago, a lot of miles on his tread and other issues. He has a history of 2 other injuries in the last 2 years causing him to miss something like 23 of his last 48 games. 1 year though...seems like a good gamble for the Dolphins to me.

The Pats weren't interested at the end. Here's the problem I see - if he were to sign with the Pats, who would he replace on the 53? In the end, only the Dolphins and Lions were reported to be interested.

It's not much money for a talented veteran RB who has averaged 4.5 yds/carry over his career but it is a lot of money for one coming off achilles tendon rupture only 8 months ago, a lot of miles on his tread and other issues. He has a history of 2 other injuries in the last 2 years causing him to miss something like 23 of his last 48 games. 1 year though...seems like a good gamble for the Dolphins to me.

The Pats weren't interested at the end. Here's the problem I see - if he were to sign with the Pats, who would he replace on the 53? In the end, only the Dolphins and Lions were reported to be interested.

Exactly. Would have nice but not the right fit or time.

Even though we're thin at rb the rest of the team is stacked. And our Foster will step up imo.

As for the rest of the East I see it the same as every other year. 3 teams fighting for a "show" 2nd place. All are 6-8 win teams with the ability to get 9/10 if the lighting is right, temperature comfortable and the stars align.

The Jets have the most complete team but a "special case" at QB. Even. if Fitz comes back is he really going to have a career year? A career year that still wasn't good enough and got swept by Buffalo. They still have major questions at LT, G, TE, S, LB also. I really think they play hard ball and know Fitz is not the answer there. Problem is they really might struggle to win 4-5 with Geno.

The Fins are absolute trash on Defense. Old and just not talent. Easily one of the worst linebacker and secondary groups in the league. And relying on two old ends on the line. Their oline is still a mess and they still have RT17 at QB. Gase might infuse some energy but I don't see more than 7 wins here.

The Bills are basically the same team. Which is a mediocre one. They are really banking on Roman and Taylor running an efficient offense. They will run and pass to Sammy. LoL No like that's all their going to do. Look their line might play as well but they have some issues on the right side that I think will hurt more because of the quality of teams/defense they will face. Teams will simply stack 8 and bracket Sammy. Clay and Woods might have 25 TDS between the 2 in their entire career. On Defense they have zero linebackers and safetys. Also no 3rd cb.

Back