Looking At The Patriots - 2013

They are young on D we'll see if they keep their heads straight.
I think a big key is to get up on them on the scoreboard. Newton has a lot of talent but he can be a bit of a frontrunner (like Cutler) playing wise. He was throwing really high today at times and even last week at times. I think having to defend Roethlisberger will prepare the Pats D well for Newton. MUST hem him in and tackle him, it's tough to do.

I don't know if I agree that Newton is a frontrunner. At Auburn he fell 21-0 against Alabama in 2010 and came back to win. Auburn was undefeated at the time & that's as high pressure as games come, not to mention the game was at Bama. I think he's very tough mentally.

I do agree that Newton will be very careful with his passes but he can wing it when he wants to. And he can run like a deer.

I meant more he can be frustrated and make things worse if things aren't going well, at least in some games I've seen in the pros. I admit I never saw him in college so I'm sure you are right about that.
He's spread the ball around really well this year (think I heard the Panthers are the only team besides Denver with a bunch of guys over 300 yds receiving). If he's allowed to be "on" mentally and physically, the Pats will have a long day.

I meant more he can be frustrated and make things worse if things aren't going well, at least in some games I've seen in the pros. I admit I never saw him in college so I'm sure you are right about that.
He's spread the ball around really well this year (think I heard the Panthers are the only team besides Denver with a bunch of guys over 300 yds receiving). If he's allowed to be "on" mentally and physically, the Pats will have a long day.

If his GM will get him some WRs, Newton will explode.

I feel the whole game basically comes down to our O-line. Give Tom the little bit of time he needs and their defense will give up plenty.

Tall order, though.

I feel the whole game basically comes down to our O-line. Give Tom the little bit of time he needs and their defense will give up plenty.

Tall order, though.

Agreed 100%.

Carolina front seven is great: Hardy, Johnson, Edwards, Lotulelei, Kuechly, Davis, Klein,...

They can dominate against opposite RBs and are very good rushing the QB. Elite front seven in NFL.

But his secondary is not so dominant, not bad, but not elite.

So, Pats must win this game through the air, as very well has said chevss. Brady will need good O Line protection for 3 seconds every play, enough time for throwing and pick a part that secondary

This article made me giddy:

http://isportsweb.com/2013/11/08/new-england-patriots-patriot-ways-new-core/

Nobody lurks in the shadows of the NFL quite like the New England Patriots.

Following Wednesday’s entrée of a World Series victory for the Boston Red Sox, what better for dessert than a Patriots blowout victory over the struggling Pittsburgh Steelers?
Week after week the Patriots seem to grow a little more.
Week after week the Patriots seem to get ignored a little more.

But the scary reality for the rest of the league is that week-by-week the Patriots gain steam, biding their time. They know that winter is coming. When the cold comes rolling through Foxboro Tom Brady and company bring it to a level that, year in and year out, few teams can match.
This past Sunday it was obvious that the Patriots were looking ahead to a much deserved bye week and were looking to earn it. They came out and executed in all phases. For the first time, the offense reminded us of the good old times. Brady connecting with Rob Gronkowski on a 19-yard touchdown brought about a feeling of nostalgia. Watching Stevan Ridley running with such purpose brought Patriots nation back to the days of “Clock Killing” Corey Dillon, eating opposing defenses for dinner in the bitter Foxboro cold.

Production from players such as Ridley and Gronkowski is expected from fans and coaches alike. The wild card heading into this season was the young players who were burdened with producing well beyond their years. At first only the wide receivers were in this crowd, but as injuries have plagued the team on both sides of the ball the dynamic has changed.
The culture an NFL player is placed in at the developing stages of their career can determine what path they will be placed on, as proven by the Jonathan Martin situation with the Miami Dolphins.

The Patriots are all business and seek out young players that will thrive in the atmosphere. There are hits, and there are misses. The first and second year players on the Patriots have survived through some rough patches during the first half of the season but a dominating win over the Steelers is what many hope to be a turning point.
Those who find pleasure in rooting against the Patriots mock “The Patriot Way”, but for the fans who have watched it grow under Bill Belichick’s tenure, it is a cult with Brady as its leader. Although it is hard to swallow, he grows older by the day and his window is closing. The only thing that can extend that window is the talent around him, and this young group of players seems to get the idea.

In the NFL, a player’s career can end just as fast as it starts. With an average career length of 3.3 years, the reality is that very few players are indispensable. Having Brady under center is an amazing advantage for any team. For a young player who hopes to win a Super Bowl, it is important to know that they might not get a chance like they one they have this season. Whether it be rookie pass-catchers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins or fill in defensive lineman Chris Jones and Joe Vellano, this could be their only chance.

As Dobson sprinted past Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor for an 81-yard score, he wasn’t just scoring his second touchdown of the game. He was letting it be known to anybody who was watching that he was here to put in the work necessary to develop chemistry with Brady. If Dobson is lucky enough to have a lengthy NFL career the chances are he will not play with a quarterback like Brady ever again.

Every snap matters to the 2013 Patriots and that is refreshing. Teams in the past have had holes that were covered up by an explosive offense and gaudy numbers put up by Brady. Things are different this year. The Patriot Way is back on track.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't number 25 that dik Ryan Clark? People must know this. Dobson torched that dik Ryan Clark.

Yes that's Clark, one of many Steelers past and present who are cameragate truthers. I was hoping someone would ask him how the cameras helped Dobson torch him. ROFL

Yeah, the same Ryan Clark that previous week, against Raiders, allowed a 93 yard TD run to QB Terrelle Pryor bitting hard in option.

If you look carefully, you can see when Pryor was already running about 5 / 10 yards, Ryan Clark still is "chasing" the Raiders running back in the top of the picture:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/10/pryorrun.gif

:facepalm:

Agreed 100%.

Carolina front seven is great: Hardy, Johnson, Edwards, Lotulelei, Kuechly, Davis, Klein,...

They can dominate against opposite RBs and are very good rushing the QB. Elite front seven in NFL.

But his secondary is not so dominant, not bad, but not elite.

So, Pats must win this game through the air, as very well has said chevss. Brady will need good O Line protection for 3 seconds every play, enough time for throwing and pick a part that secondary

3 seconds? I will take 2. 3 is asking a lot based on this year.

LOL, yeah, Dik bit hard on that one. Another great play from the Patriots thumping of the Steelers was when Hooman caught a short pass, ran over that little punk bitch, and gave him the stare down after.

Yeah, the same Ryan Clark that previous week, against Raiders, allowed a 93 yard TD run to QB Terrelle Pryor bitting hard in option.

If you look carefully, you can see when Pryor was already running about 5 / 10 yards, Ryan Clark still is "chasing" the Raiders running back in the top of the picture:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/10/pryorrun.gif

:facepalm:

Fun for me in that gif is watching Polamalu's futile attempt to run with his fat little thighs. Comical, really. He should give it up & if he doesn't the Steelers should say :wave:.

Have to admit am pretty satisfied with the Pat's rookies this year but have not seen much from Collins. Was expecting a dynamic player.

Any word on his progress?

Have to admit am pretty satisfied with the Pat's rookies this year but have not seen much from Collins. Was expecting a dynamic player.

Any word on his progress?

Last I heard and saw, Collins was too hesitant and unprepared for what was coming at him. It seems that so many rookies try to over think the game.

Back