Looking at the Patriots - 2014

Arrington?. I cannot remember for sure now, but I would say that he was also in practice squad for a while in his first season with Pats.

That's true. Originally signed as a UDFA by Philly, he ended up on the Bucs' PS for 2008. He ws snagged by the Pats for the PS after the Bucs cut him in early 2009, and then was called-up halfway through the season (to keep him away from Mangini in Cleveland) and proceeded to blow the doors off with his ST play. Finished first in ST solo tackles for the season, playing in only 8 games. Ended up starting 14 games at RCB in 2010, replacing Bodden who was injured in wk-2.

As GP correctly points out, Connolly also. Connolly spent his rookie season on the JAX PS and his 2nd year on IR for them. He spent his 3rd season (2007) on the Pats' PS and most of 2008 as well, earning a regular spot on the 53 as a reserve OL in 2009.

Still, my point stands. Well over 100 rookies (which Connolly certainly wasn't) have spent significant time on the Pats' PS under BB, but only a handful of them have ever made it to the 53-man as regulars in any capacity. So, it hasn't exactly been a developmental treasure trove and the history suggests that it's unlikely that any of the guys who lasted through 2013 on the PS actually develops for the Pats.

It does seem that Bill is saying, we need a change...Johnson and Scar are gone and I'm sure he's doing a lot of reflection thinking that the last SB was obviously a numbers of years ago and it just hasn't worked recently. That may sound harsh 3 AFCCG in a row is pretty spectacular, bit maybe not to BB....

It does seem that Bill is saying, we need a change...Johnson and Scar are gone and I'm sure he's doing a lot of reflection thinking that the last SB was obviously a numbers of years ago and it just hasn't worked recently. That may sound harsh 3 AFCCG in a row is pretty spectacular, bit maybe not to BB....

There is already a thread about it, but time is now critically short, we need to go all in and sell out for a SB. It's all well and good getting into the post-season each year, but fans want to see more than just a deep play-off run, they want to see the team win another Lombardi Trophy.

Something does need to change, this team has been to 3 straight championship games but in every single one of them, they've been out-played by the opposition, they got lucky the first time, but the last two they have had no such luck. A stark comparison to the Divisional round games where each time they out-played the opposition and beat them by a large margin.

There is already a thread about it, but time is now critically short, we need to go all in and sell out for a SB. It's all well and good getting into the post-season each year, but fans want to see more than just a deep play-off run, they want to see the team win another Lombardi Trophy.

Something does need to change, this team has been to 3 straight championship games but in every single one of them, they've been out-played by the opposition, they got lucky the first time, but the last two they have had no such luck. A stark comparison to the Divisional round games where each time they out-played the opposition and beat them by a large margin.

We have had the same thing happen the last 3 years, we did not head into the playoffs with a full amount of weapons, either on offense or defense...they need to stop counting on it.

Aaron Wilson of RavensInsider and the Balt. Sun is reporting that Josh McDaniels is still talking with the Cleveland Browns about their head coaching vacancy.

Per the report, McDaniels and the Browns have had more discussions and he's "possibly back in the mox" for the job.
The Browns have also been talking with former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano and Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine.

It sounds like they really want McD.

Here we go.

Staff decimation again.

For a guy extremely unwilling to hire for positions of prominence from the outside.

Aaron Wilson of RavensInsider and the Balt. Sun is reporting that Josh McDaniels is still talking with the Cleveland Browns about their head coaching vacancy.

Per the report, McDaniels and the Browns have had more discussions and he's "possibly back in the mox" for the job.
The Browns have also been talking with former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano and Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine.

I like McDaniels ok, mainly because Brady gets along with him and such, but if he left tomorrow I would barely bat an eye....maybe things need a shake up...

I like McDaniels ok, mainly because Brady gets along with him and such, but if he left tomorrow I would barely bat an eye....maybe things need a shake up...

Looks like that will be happening sooner than later. :coffee:

Please make it happen.

Please make it happen.

You that down on him? I am of the, who cares with him, if he leaves, or stays, its meh to me. I do not think he hurts us, but he probably does not make us better either.

Wow! Consider that the Seahawks defensive backfield of Sherman, Browner, Maxwell, Thurmond, Lane, Thomas & Chancellor combined to have a $10.5 million base salary in '13.

That's a great defensive backfield for very short money.

Wow! Consider that the Seahawks defensive backfield of Sherman, Browner, Maxwell, Thurmond, Lane, Thomas & Chancellor combined to have a $10.5 million base salary in '13.

Crazy, isn't it?

BB/Caserio needs to do the same thing!

And that's going to increase A LOT in 2014/2015

A lot less impressive when considering that Browner and Thurmond are Free Agents :poke:
Also I think the number is a little north of $11M right now. And with Sherman, Maxwell and Thomas entering a contract year it's going to explode anyway.

A lot less impressive when considering that Browner and Thurmond are Free Agents :poke:
Also I think the number is a little north of $11M right now.

Did they play this year? $10.5 for the lot of them? FA or not they were a hell of a bargain this year (which is all I said.)

Did they play this year? $10.5 for the lot of them? FA or not they were a hell of a bargain this year (which is all I said.)

Ah, crap. Somehow I thought we're talking about 2014. Of course, that group was one heck of a bargain in 2013.

The irritating part is that, aside from Browner (CFL) and Thomas (#14 overall in 2010), the rest of those guys were drafted in the 4th thru 6th.

The irritating part is that, aside from Browner (CFL) and Thomas (#14 overall in 2010), the rest of those guys were drafted in the 4th thru 6th.

And those guys match the type that Carrol was after when he was here.

The Seattle GM should be lookling for FA himself.

Back