Looking at the Patriots - 2020

We'll have a better idea of the productivity of Asiasi and Keene after 1 or 2 games. Comparing them to Brady's rookie TE production doesn't work for me because Cam is a totally different QB. Olsen's high production as a rookie with Cam may tell a better story. Or you could pick Shockey, Dickson... or Ian Thomas who had 36 catches for almost 350 yds and who the hell is he?

I have fairly high hopes for both Asiasi and Keene - avg 40 catches and 425 yds each - with Keene having a few less catches than Asiasi but more yards/reception.

They'll also show their worth in the power run game and that gives BB great comfort.

I don’t care if Michel is the 4, possibly 5, RB.

Harris.
Burkhead.
White.
Michel/JJ Taylor

I know Harris is out to start. Taylor might get a chance to flash something.

2020 could be BB's RBBC amplified times 10 in a way the NFL hasn't ever seen. I'm looking forward to Bully Ball, personally.

You have to love Jules don't you. All players commented how strange it is playing in front of no fans yet Jules said it was like being back in junior College for him! that is, little or no fans and you're playing just for the love of the game.

Shows again what an incredible story his is. Small guy, seemingly coming from nowhere and reached for the very top and got there.

Pats signing QB Jake Dolegala. Might be a poor sign regarding Stidham's health.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1305663045868417024?s=19

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

He's a kid who was headed for stardom until an injury in high school. If he's fully healthy, and he should be, BB may have picked a rough gem to develop. Dolegala, a four-year starter for Central Connecticut, threw for 8,129 yards and 48 touchdowns in 44 games, but completed only 57.6 percent of his passes. Big guy with a big arm but inaccurate.

Evan Lazar gives some snippet videos on his timeline on twitter to tease us with Dolegala's arm.
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1305671739591057413

WR Allen Robinson wants out of Chicago. He's fed up with the Bortles and Trubiskys of the world.
https://nflupdate.co/allen-robinson-deletes-all-bears-related-content-from-social-media/

I'd do it. For a 1st? In a heartbeat. He's our #1 WR from the get-go.
His $2M roster bonus has already been paid so it looks like he would cost $10,258,000 for the balance of 2020.

Since the start of the 2018 season, Robinson has a PFF grade of 90.3 against single coverage, a top 20 mark at the position. Edelman has the best figure among Patriots receivers almost 10 grading points lower at 81.7, and the only other two to have grades above 70 in that span are no longer on the roster. New England is crying out for a receiver that can win against man coverage and separate to help out their quarterback.
Robinson, for his part, has also never played with a high-level quarterback, dating all the way back to his high school career. In college, he was largely responsible for the myth that grew up around Christian Hackenberg thanks to his stellar year during Hackenberg’s freshman season. In the NFL he first suffered through the Blake Bortles era in Jacksonville before then seeing history repeat itself in Chicago with Trubisky.
Robinson has never had a poor season in the NFL despite having yet to play with a quarterback capable of elevating his play. He has six seasons with PFF grades of at least 69, and his best years have pushed that grade into the 80s. A PFF grade of 80 or more for a receiver is typically good enough to rank in the top 15-20 of all wideouts, but the difference between that and a top 10 spot can easily be attributed to the quarterback throwing him the football. Bortles and Trubisky don't rate very highly.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-new-en...de-chicago-bears-wide-receiver-allen-robinson

He's the kind of WR Cam loves to throw to. If he's not re-signed and leaves in the offseason he'll bring a 3rd round comp pick back to us. He may be just what we need to really click on offense. Since entering the league, only 62.0% of Allen Robinson's targets have been deemed "catchable." That ranks 95th out of 100 qualifiers.

If Caserio wants more info, Robinson's 26 contested catches was the most in 2019. That should get his attention.

Sign me up for Allen Robinson. He would make the offense a real problem and take the load off Edelman. Maybe it would even help N'Keal get better match ups. I bet BB can get him for a 2nd.

OBJ may also be on the move. Cam and OBJ worked out together much of the offseason. Pats have plenty of cap room.

Cap Space = $25,992,081@patscap·
2h
OBJ's 2020 salary is $14M. His weekly salary is $823,529.41. So his cap number if acquired by the Patriots would be his weekly salary times the number of remaining weeks in the season. For example, if acquired today OBJ's cap number = $13,176,471
2021 cap=15.75M
2022/23=15M

Robinson may cost a bit more but in the same ballpark.
I'd take either one right now.
C'mon, BB. Strike your best deal for one of them.

Well, there's a couple of good receivers to be had. I'd go with the guy that is not controversial- Robinson. (Remember last season with Antonio Brown?)

Prefer Robinson, but give the Pats either. Cam needs more receiving weapons so he doesn't take a huge pounding running the ball all season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back