Looking at the Patriots - 2020

You mean to coach him up as we did with CPatterson?

Don’t know

What they’ve decided on for 20 years hasn’t produced so maybe a flyer on something different could hit. Bills a great coach. This kid has size, strength, some speed. Huge mitts so drops might just be a focus thing. Doesn’t look like a body catcher.

Might be something there.

UCLA TE Devin Asiasi last season: Targets: 68 targets Drops: 1

EhMnCtlWsAA9ZUV

If you're left wondering about TE Devin Asiasi and why BB chose this guy, this is a well-written article that will take you from Jim Harbaugh at Michigan to Jedd Fisch and finally to Chip Kelly at UCLA. It also shows how Asiasi went from a 290lb TE at Mich. to a 260lb athlete at UCLA.

https://profootballready.com/an-ode-to-devin-asiasi-the-dual-threat-tight-end-prospect-we-need

“...in my transition coming from Michigan I wanted to lose some weight. The flexibility came with me getting into the training room and working with my trainers to improve my ankle and hip mobility. During this past offseason, we had a lot of great work with our strength & conditioning coaches working on technique and mechanics to work on our linear speed.”

UCLA TE Devin Asiasi last season: Targets: 68 targets Drops: 1

EhMnCtlWsAA9ZUV

If you're left wondering about TE Devin Asiasi and why BB chose this guy, this is a well-written article that will take you from Jim Harbaugh at Michigan to Jedd Fisch and finally to Chip Kelly at UCLA. It also shows how Asiasi went from a 290lb TE at Mich. to a 260lb athlete at UCLA.

https://profootballready.com/an-ode-to-devin-asiasi-the-dual-threat-tight-end-prospect-we-need

“...in my transition coming from Michigan I wanted to lose some weight. The flexibility came with me getting into the training room and working with my trainers to improve my ankle and hip mobility. During this past offseason, we had a lot of great work with our strength & conditioning coaches working on technique and mechanics to work on our linear speed.”

I have a feeling (hopeful) that Asiasi is gonna break out and be the #1 rookie TE. He looks NFL ready and from what I read in camp, he seemed to be a factor a lot out there.

Talib was a great player and great player for us in the short time he was here. That was one of Bills great pick ups. And it was good the way he stayed very friendly with the Patriot players even when in Denver. A load of them were at his wedding a couple of years back.

His career seemed doomed until Bill picked him up and revived his career and Talib was able to get that very nice from Denver.

Yogis finished for the year. Probably end of the line for him.

The Pats volutarily gave Gilmore a 50% raise - from $10M to $15M for the year - and a bonus of an additional $2M in incentives.
BB didn't have to do it since Gilmore is under contract through 2022 but it was the right thing to do with the CB market escalating as it has.

This makes Gilmore's current salary higher than Jalen Ramsay's for the next 2 years. But..."the Pats don't pay" lives on.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/jalen-ramsey-18953/

If Cam Newton plays well in the first 4-5 games, he'll be in line for a raise, too.

So McDaniels is going to use a run heavy read option offense
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...expected-to-run-scary-tim-tebow-style-offense
Leading into Sunday's regular-season opener, New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels reportedly is taking a unique approach with his system to maximize Cam Newton's ability.

Per Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, McDaniels intends to use a scheme he developed for Tim Tebow when he was head coach of the Denver Broncos.

A source told Florio the system has the potential to be "scary" with Newton running things.

After going 8-8 in his first season with the Broncos, McDaniels seemingly staked his future on Tebow by trading three picks to the Baltimore Ravens for the No. 25 pick that was used to select the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner.
McDaniels never got the chance to see if his gamble on Tebow worked, as he was fired Dec. 6 after the Broncos started 3-9 in 2010. Using McDaniels' offense, per Florio, Tebow led Denver to the divisional playoffs in 2011.

Even though no specifics about the system were divulged, Florio noted: "It makes it hard to defend quarterback runs and it opens up the passing game. Also, with proper blocking, the quarterback isn't put in harm's way."

The latter point is elementary—how many quarterbacks are in harm's way with proper blocking?—but also essential for Newton to have success. The three-time Pro Bowler missed the final 14 games last season with a Lisfranc injury in his foot.

Newton also missed the final two games of the 2018 season with a right shoulder injury that required surgery.

The Patriots made a low-risk, high-reward investment in Newton by signing him to a one-year deal with a $1.1 million base salary in June. He will replace Tom Brady, who joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after spending the past 20 seasons with the Patriots.

Were they saying that McDaniels will have success with this based on his time in Denver? Not sure that gave me a warm fuzzy.

Were they saying that McDaniels will have success with this based on his time in Denver? Not sure that gave me a warm fuzzy.

Read the article link. It's very interesting.

JMD developed a game plan to use with Tebow, but he was fired before Tebow ever started a game. Studesville started Tebow after McDaniels was fired.

My guess is that JMD is anxious to dust off that old game plan to use with Cam. Up to now, the Pats have designed offenses to maximize Brady's strengths and protect weaknesses. They're doing the same thing now with Newton.

It's going to be a different scheme theis year. I'm really looking forward to seeing this new-look Patriots.

That’s means the Running game needs to improve . Michel had a good rookie year . Had a disappointing 2nd year . I think was Partially due to shit blocking from TE’s & Issues on O-line. They did address both in the Draft .

That’s means the Running game needs to improve . Michel had a good rookie year . Had a disappointing 2nd year . I think was Partially due to shit blocking from TE’s & Issues on O-line. They did address both in the Draft .

I don’t care if Michel is the 4, possibly 5, RB.

Harris.
Burkhead.
White.
Michel/JJ Taylor

I know Harris is out to start. Taylor might get a chance to flash something.

Comedian Bill Burr on Cam Newton "The problem is no one can see this clearly because they've hated the Patriots for so long" Pro Pats rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOA-BLbado&feature=youtu.be&t=93

Bill Burr kicks ass...not as good as George Carlin, but, still one of the current best.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Folk was activated as the kicker. He was actually pretty decent last year. If he continues on what he did last year, he should be solid. Let the rookie practice.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

BB drafted the wrong RB from Georgia. But, hopefully PS Michel can make it a worthwhile year.

Back