Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Not sure how anybody questions this. Damn.
Cam sucks. Brady isn't here. BB sucks. Jones is an immobile QB whose type is not longer effective in today's NFL. Brady isn't here. BB over paid for FA jags. Brady isn't here. BB didn't draft and also refuses to sign a big-name #1 WR. Did I mention Brady isn't here?

Plus the media agrees. Have you not seen the ESPN power rankings? We're doomed.

Just sayin' :coffee:

I find it weird that some people are dying for Cam to fail and screw up so Mac can get the job.
You don't want Mac to progress as soon as possible? You saw Cam last year when he was supposedly healthy too. I don't want a repeat. He is completely washed.

Cam sucks. Brady isn't here. BB sucks. Jones is an immobile QB whose type is not longer effective in today's NFL. Brady isn't here. BB over paid for FA jags. Brady isn't here. BB didn't draft and also refuses to sign a big-name #1 WR. Did I mention Brady isn't here?

Plus the media agrees. Have you not seen the ESPN power rankings? We're doomed.

Just sayin' :coffee:

Excellent post and right on cue...
You don't want Mac to progress as soon as possible? You saw Cam last year when he was supposedly healthy too. I don't want a repeat. He is completely washed.

We hope BOTH QBs to progress as much as possible and BOTH play lights out.
You don't have to diminish Cam to make MJ look better. That's not how this works.

We want the best QB out of camp to earn the starting position rather than having it given to him bc the other one is "washed".

You don't have to diminish Cam to make MJ look better. That's not how this works.

We want the best QB out of camp to earn the starting position rather than having it given to him bc the other one is "washed".
Cam is still air balling it into the stands. He's still late in his reads and timing. His throwing motion and foot work is painful to watch.

I would much rather watch Jones develop/struggle this season than another season of Cam.

Precisely, it's not a zero-sum game. Because one will win the job diminishes little of the other and if they both perform as I hope them to that only bodes well for the team.

Rooting for failure on one's supposedly beloved team is almost incomprehensible to me. Sadly it's not.

Evan Lazar says regardless who the QB is, this Pats' offense is much improved over last year's version

This is a very good article with insight and Lazar's realistic sense of balance.

The Cam quote is worth the click alone. I'd copy and paste, but I think Evan deserves the hits.

This is a very good article with insight and Lazar's realistic sense of balance.

The Cam quote is worth the click alone. I'd copy and paste, but I think Evan deserves the hits.
I assume this is section you are referencing? This is exactly why I want Jones playing as soon as possible. Year 2 and Cam still can't process LB/S movement. "What do I do?" should be Newton's tagline/moniker. LOL

Newton’s timing within the offenses structure is improving, and those strides are leading to more accurate passes. He seems to have it down when everything works as designed, but things are still a little delayed once the defense spins the dial a bit.

The Pats’ quarterback spoke about his maturation in the offense, saying, “in the classroom or when we’re meeting, coach asks a question — boom, that’s where we’re supposed to go with the ball,” Newton said.

“OK, now you’ve got Devin McCourty showing something, Kyle Dugger’s showing something. Then all of a sudden, [Dont’a] Hightower jumps over here, and all of a sudden, it’s like, ‘What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? It’s just taking the brain a little longer at times. But hopefully, with a lot of repetitions, it’ll be good.”

I assume this is section you are referencing? This is exactly why I want Jones playing as soon as possible. Year 2 and Cam still can't process LB/S movement. "What do I do?" should be Newton's tagline/moniker. LOL

Newton’s timing within the offenses structure is improving, and those strides are leading to more accurate passes. He seems to have it down when everything works as designed, but things are still a little delayed once the defense spins the dial a bit.

The Pats’ quarterback spoke about his maturation in the offense, saying, “in the classroom or when we’re meeting, coach asks a question — boom, that’s where we’re supposed to go with the ball,” Newton said.

“OK, now you’ve got Devin McCourty showing something, Kyle Dugger’s showing something. Then all of a sudden, [Dont’a] Hightower jumps over here, and all of a sudden, it’s like, ‘What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? It’s just taking the brain a little longer at times. But hopefully, with a lot of repetitions, it’ll be good.”

It was the quote I was referring to.

Cam references exactly the issue that is and has been his biggest problem here -- his processing, with total honesty and transparency. He didn't state it directly in this piece, but my sense was
that he thinks his command of the offense is better than it was, but not yet where it could or should be. Which seems fair, to me.

The best thing for this team is for both of our QBs to be as good as they can possibly be. Then we let the Greatest Head Coach in the History of Football declare who starts in week 1. As Bill has always said, it's really not up to him-- the players decide who wins the job. He's the Professor that designs the tests.

I saw Newton's comment as a canny assessment of where he is at, but you may look at it as yet more confirmation that he is all washed-up, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is
something you may have stated on these pages. Once or twice.

I can't help myself from hoping Cam puts it all together, because that'd be the best possible outcome for the New England Patriots. If he does, and happens to prove you wrong in the process, then I'll consider that a small bonus.

Cam references exactly the issue that is and has been his biggest problem here -- his processing, with total honesty and transparency. He didn't state it directly in this piece, but my sense was
that he thinks his command of the offense is better than it was, but not yet where it could or should be. Which seems fair, to me.

The best thing for this team is for both of our QBs to be as good as they can possibly be. Then we let the Greatest Head Coach in the History of Football declare who starts in week 1. As Bill has always said, it's really not up to him-- the players decide who wins the job. He's the Professor that designs the tests.

I saw Newton's comment as a canny assessment of where he is at, but you may look at it as yet more confirmation that he is all washed-up, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is

I can't help myself from hoping Cam puts it all together, because that'd be the best possible outcome for the New England Patriots. If he does, and happens to prove you wrong in the process, then I'll consider that a small bonus.

Damn, another outstanding post Hawg.

Cam is still air balling it into the stands. He's still late in his reads and timing. His throwing motion and foot work is painful to watch.

I would much rather watch Jones develop/struggle this season than another season of Cam.
Where are you getting film to watch?

You'd rather put Jones in before he is ready rather then root for the 2921 Patriots QB whoever he is? Seriously?

Cam references exactly the issue that is and has been his biggest problem here -- his processing, with total honesty and transparency. He didn't state it directly in this piece, but my sense was that he thinks his command of the offense is better than it was, but not yet where it could or should be. Which seems fair, to me.

I will give you credit, you can spin anything into a positive. LOL. Cam is a 10 year veteran and entering his 2nd season with the Pats and he is telling you that he is getting confused by LB and Safety movement. Let me type that again slowly - hE Is CoNfUsEd by Lb and SaFeTy mOveMeNt.

New Flash - That's not the Patriots system that is the issue. That is 100% Cam. The guy has always been an athletic freak but not so great at the IQ part of the game. He himself has said he does not consider himself a QB but rather a football player. That pretty much tells you that pre-snap/post-snap reads are not his forte. Yet, here is McDaniels unable to innovate at all to make this offense fit Cam, most likely beating himself in the head during film sessions with this guy, saying here is the play, here is who you throw it to and Cam is like 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I got you man." Then he gets to the field and the LB shades left or right or Dugger pinches down or fades back and he likes "Wait! What just happened." His exact words were "What do I do?"

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacy admitting he can't play in this offense but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

If Bill lets him ruin another season while our #15 pick rides the bench, he should be fired.

Last edited:
I will give you credit, you can spin anything into a positive. LOL. Cam is a 10 year veteran and entering his 2nd season with the Pats and he is telling you that he is getting confused by LB and Safety movement. Let me type that again slowly - hE Is CoNfUsEd by Lb and SaFeTy mOveMeNt.

New Flash - That's not the Patriots system that is the issue. That is 100% Cam. The guy has always been an athletic freak but not so great at the IQ part of the game. He himself has said he does not consider himself a QB but rather a football player. That pretty much tells you that pre-snap/post-snap reads are not his forte. Yet, here is McDaniels unable to innovate at all to make this offense fit Cam, most likely beating himself in the head during film sessions with this guy, saying here is the play, here is who you throw it to and Cam is like 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I got you man." Then he gets to the field and the LB shades left or right or Dugger pinches down or fades back and he likes "Wait! What just happened." His exact words were "What do I do?"

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacy admitting he can't play in this offense at all but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

If Bill lets him ruin another season while our #15 pick rides the bench, he should be fired.
"...not so great at the IQ (Intelligence Quotient) part of the game." OK now we're getting somewhere in terms of the real roots of your opinion on this QB competition. Sometimes it just takes awhile for the truth to come out...😂

Jones is the most NFL ready Qb by every draft report and as Curran wrote, he is turning heads already.

I understand the whole experience thing but Cam stinks. Jones is already throwing a much better ball than him and also more importantly getting the ball out of his hand quickly.

I truly hope you are wrong and Jones is not riding the pine all season as that will make this season as unbearable as last year.
You make me SMH with the Brady BS, but I agree with you on this 100%.

Agree on the bolded part. Cam has been a good QB. I think the main delta is between those of us that believe he is washed up and the Pats can't win enough with him and those of us that think he still has more in the tank now than he showed us last year.

I am not being disrespectful to Cam because I think he is done. If he proves me wrong and the Pats go 11-6 this year and win a playoff game then I will gladly eat crow. Gladly.

That said, hope is not a strategy. Long term Mac is the answer and the sooner BB can get him ready, the better.

Back