Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Agree on the bolded part. Cam has been a good QB. I think the main delta is between those of us that believe he is washed up and the Pats can't win enough with him and those of us that think he still has more in the tank now than he showed us last year.

I am not being disrespectful to Cam because I think he is done. If he proves me wrong and the Pats go 11-6 this year and win a playoff game then I will gladly eat crow. Gladly.

That said, hope is not a strategy. Long term Mac is the answer and the sooner BB can get him ready, the better.

I think it's apparent the goal is for Mac to be the future and after a complete disaster all the way around for the NFL and that Pats specifically last year Bill took advantage in his own inimitable way and is rebuilding this team. The talent level in my estimation is considerably superior to last year and they went 9-7 in a most epic down year with a wildly inconsistent Cam due to many factors. I don't the sense that he is washed up and I'm giving him a break and I hope he succeeds and I truly want him to. I like the guy.

Go Pats!!!

I will give you credit, you can spin anything into a positive. LOL. Cam is a 10 year veteran and entering his 2nd season with the Pats and he is telling you that he is getting confused by LB and Safety movement. Let me type that again slowly - hE Is CoNfUsEd by Lb and SaFeTy mOveMeNt.

New Flash - That's not the Patriots system that is the issue. That is 100% Cam. The guy has always been an athletic freak but not so great at the IQ part of the game. He himself has said he does not consider himself a QB but rather a football player. That pretty much tells you that pre-snap/post-snap reads are not his forte. Yet, here is McDaniels unable to innovate at all to make this offense fit Cam, most likely beating himself in the head during film sessions with this guy, saying here is the play, here is who you throw it to and Cam is like 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I got you man." Then he gets to the field and the LB shades left or right or Dugger pinches down or fades back and he likes "Wait! What just happened." His exact words were "What do I do?"

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacy admitting he can't play in this offense but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

If Bill lets him ruin another season while our #15 pick rides the bench, he should be fired.
<sigh>

The Pats could win the super bowl 56-10 and mazz would complain that it wasn't a close exciting super bowl like we had when BRAYD WAS HERE!

Players play, coaches coach, GMs pick the players.

I wouldn't want Aaron Rogers picking a team, and I don't want Brady picking the team, or coordinating the offense or whatever it was he wanted.

He asked to leave town, the team, out of respect for all he accomplished allowed him to go.

I'll cheer loudly for him when he's inducted into the HoF, but not when he's playing for another team.

In the meantime, give it a god damn rest.

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacy admitting he can't play in this offense but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

If Bill lets him ruin another season while our #15 pick rides the bench, he should be fired.
Oh, for shit's sake. We all care about a good offense, defense, and STs. And if you did, you'd want a competition among QBs, WRs, all positions. All you care about is hating the guy who let Brady have his wish and let him leave on his own terms. Cam is just colateral damage for the BB hate.

I will give you credit, you can spin anything into a positive. LOL. Cam is a 10 year veteran and entering his 2nd season with the Pats and he is telling you that he is getting confused by LB and Safety movement. Let me type that again slowly - hE Is CoNfUsEd by Lb and SaFeTy mOveMeNt.

New Flash - That's not the Patriots system that is the issue. That is 100% Cam. The guy has always been an athletic freak but not so great at the IQ part of the game. He himself has said he does not consider himself a QB but rather a football player. That pretty much tells you that pre-snap/post-snap reads are not his forte. Yet, here is McDaniels unable to innovate at all to make this offense fit Cam, most likely beating himself in the head during film sessions with this guy, saying here is the play, here is who you throw it to and Cam is like 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I got you man." Then he gets to the field and the LB shades left or right or Dugger pinches down or fades back and he likes "Wait! What just happened." His exact words were "What do I do?"

Well, thank you for the kind words and I'll respond in kind: You have a genius-level facility to spin anything into a negative.

To add another compliment, you also possess a gift to turn any complex issue, loaded with potential iterations into a simple declarative statement that you are 100% positive is the only
sensible way for anyone, including the delusional simpletons here at Patriots Planet, to view it. Black and white is definitely your thing and my guess is that you've never made a mistake in your life. Not yet, anyhow.

Anyhow, you seem to piss most everybody around here off with the regular bombshell tossing, but it usually amuses me. You definitely aren't shy about letting people know where you stand no
matter how far out on a ledge that might be.

Just know that if Cam has a really good season and we win a lot of games, I will just as relentless in reminding you how wrong you were as you've been in telling us how much he sucks.

One more reason to look forward to this Patriots season with a sense of anticipation that is almost giddy.

:banana:

That's pathetic Mazz. really.

It is no surprising you appreciate his candidacadmitting he can't play in this offense but for the rest of us who actually care about having a competent offense, this guy can't be benched soon enough for Mac.

I make this very simple. If that's the way you feel. Don't watch the Patriots this year. Enjoy watching your hero instead.

Last edited:
Just know that if Cam has a really good season and we win a lot of games, I will just as relentless in reminding you how wrong you were as you've been in telling us how much he sucks.
I would expect nothing different. :love-heart:

My kids tell me I am wrong all the time. It has humbled me. Just think how much MORE insufferable I would be if not for them?

I would expect nothing different. :love-heart:

My kids tell me I am wrong all the time. It has humbled me. Just think how much MORE insufferable I would be if not for them?

That is a scary thought. Please thank them for us.

My wife has a similar issue going on and her next mistake will be her first. As far as she knows.

Oddly enough, when you started posting here I thought for a second you might be her, since her Maiden name began with "Mazz", so I briefly thought she might be cyberstalking me to see what I do here, but I quickly figured out that was impossible.

She doesn't have any strong opinions on Brady one way or the other.

Don't sell yourself short. I truly can't think of anyone more insuferable than you. You're doing an outstanding job. I'll wager you are more despised than Hogfarmer ever came close to. Congrats.

I'm not sure if that's true or not but it's funny as hell. :rofl:

Don't sell yourself short. I truly can't think of anyone more insuferable than you. You're doing an outstanding job. I'll wager you are more despised than Hogfarmer ever came close to. Congrats.
Middy is hands down #1 here...like, HOF award winner. If NEM (PatsFans version of Middy back in the day) was here, Middy would STILL be #1. :coffee:

That is a scary thought. Please thank them for us.

My wife has a similar issue going on and her next mistake will be her first. As far as she knows.

Oddly enough, when you started posting here I thought for a second you might be her, since her Maiden name began with "Mazz", so I briefly thought she might be cyberstalking me to see what I do here, but I quickly figured out that was impossible.

She doesn't have any strong opinions on Brady one way or the other.
You never know. We all take on different personalities when we are online. You might want to check her closet for Brady posters and the back of your fridge for an avocado stash.

Middy is hands down #1 here...like, HOF award winner. If NEM (PatsFans version of Middy back in the day) was here, Middy would STILL be #1. :coffee:
NEM plagued us for a time too.

There was this big kind of funny dust up where some site had a poll to vote on the best Pats forum. There was allegations of cheating and using scripts to alter the results.

Patriots Planet won.

NEM was very upset.

That's more than a little over the top even for you.
Agree on the bolded part. Cam has been a good QB. I think the main delta is between those of us that believe he is washed up and the Pats can't win enough with him and those of us that think he still has more in the tank now than he showed us last year.

I am not being disrespectful to Cam because I think he is done. If he proves me wrong and the Pats go 11-6 this year and win a playoff game then I will gladly eat crow. Gladly.

That said, hope is not a strategy. Long term Mac is the answer and the sooner BB can get him ready, the better.

We all agree that's the plan. We all also agree Cam is a bridge.
All teams are either selling success or they're selling hope.
Right now Patriots fans are hoping Mac is the answer and comes along quickly.
Pads come on this week. Evaluations begin soon.
There's time to win but no time to lose.
I trust BB to put the QB who gives us the best chance to win now on the field.

NEM plagued us for a time too.

There was this big kind of funny dust up where some site had a poll to vote on the best Pats forum. There was allegations of cheating and using scripts to alter the results.

Patriots Planet won.

NEM was very upset.

I assume you know this, but NEM, who was the all-time worst jackass in the history of digital media, wasn't wrong about that.

My cousin, who used to post here as DropKickMurphy, admitted to me, months after all that went down, that he was the one who stuffed the ballot box using some sort of
script voting software. I was shocked both that he did it and knew how, but that was the truth. I never even suspected him. He really hated NEM and said he did it just to stick it up the
Greatest Patriots Fan in History's ass sideways.

I'll never forget the time that he was banned from PatsFans and signed back up as his own wife and posted (as her) that poor NEM was at death's door in a hospital due to his heart giving
out because of the cruel mistreatment he had suffered from Ian and Company. It was Lawyers, Guns and Money time over there for a while and DKM (and sometimes me ) would
drop by there and troll him for target practice. His detractors over there (the entire site) saw through the disguise instantly and the responses were especially hilarious. "You should just
put a pillow over his head while you have a chance" was one I recall.

I'd almost forgotten about all that. It was an entertaining trainwreck.

Last edited:
Didn't NEM start a Patriots fan club in PHX, Arizona...and most of the fans wanted him to leave? I think that I've heard this a few times...

I assume you know this, but NEM, who was the all-time worst jackass in the history of digital media, wasn't wrong about that.

My cousin, who used to post here as DropKickMurphy, admitted to me, months after all that went down, that he was the one who stuffed the ballot box using some sort of
script voting software. I was shocked both that he did it and knew how, but that was the truth. I never even suspected him. He really hated NEM and said he did it just to stick it up the
Greatest Patriots Fan in History's ass sideways.

I'll never forget the time that he was banned from PatsFans and signed back up as his own wife and posted (as her) that poor NEM was at death's door in a hospital due to his heart giving
out because of the cruel mistreatment he had suffered from Ian and Company. It was Layers, Guns and Money time over there for a while and DKM (and sometimes me ) would
drop by there and troll him for target practice. His detractors over there (the entire site) saw through the disguise instantly and the responses were especially hilarious. "You should just
put a pillow over his head while you have a chance" was one I recall.

I'd almost forgotten about all that. It was an entertaining trainwreck.
Yeah, I think there were actually a few running scripts. The whole thing was kind of funny and was the culmination of NEM's time here if I remember right. He had been mostly a part time jackass until that, but then went over the deep end here, getting himself assclowned and then banned.

And with him knocking on heaven's door, we were so cruel. He was blaming us for his death before it happened. He was one of the few I didn't unban on the new site.

I first encountered him online somewhere around 1997 on KFFL and even then he was ranting over and over what a CANCER Ernie Zampese was. He carried over those rants to every single OC after.

And we haven't even touched on how the team itself kept shortening his life by not picking him for fan of the year.

Back