Looking at the Patriots - 2021

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score
So you're now centring your criticism of Bill, chastising him, on one fumble a rookie made that was actually a horrific call by the officials?

Thuney?? He would have cost us a fortune to keep him and killed off a huge chunk of cap space. And how did the Chiefs O Line looks to you the other day? Gilmore? Wasn't attracting huge interest from other teams, is getting on in age and is injured currently and on PUP.

Really Mazz, this is now getting ridiculous.

Remember that the cap is a figment of our imagination. In the world of Mazz it's just simply because Belichick is incompetent, not because of those pesky make-believe numbers we BB-worshippers mention.

Mazz22

Age 44 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
So you're now centring your criticism of Bill, chastising him, on one fumble a rookie made that was actually a horrific call by the officials?

Thuney?? He would have cost us a fortune to keep him and killed off a huge chunk of cap space. And how did the Chiefs O Line looks to you the other day? Gilmore? Wasn't attracting huge interest from other teams, is getting on in age and is injured currently and on PUP.

Really Mazz, this is now getting ridiculous.
I am not chastising for the fumble. Read my post again. I said rookies fumble. This is why I wanted us to keep Sony behind Harris and not a rookie and JJ Taylor who has had trouble getting on the field. That is a GM mistake by Bill and it cost us in week one big time

Ah, the cap again. So predictable. We had $150 to blow the first week of FA but no money for Thuney?

Gilmore is our best defensive player. The time to trade him was last year if we were going to trade him. Now we are in no man's land with Jones/Mills playing as our CB2. This is a terrible management of our most key player. Why spend on that money on the front 7 to just jerk around with Gilmore?

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Trust me. It's only this board that worships at the feet of Bill. You call him nuts on Bill yet the blind loyalty and irrationally is mind numbing here. Bill lost his fast ball a long time ago which was covered by Brady. With Brady gone all the warts have come to the surface and it's ugly just like it was before Brady.

6 Flipping SUPER BOWLS!!!!

Go to your sub forum and be nuts over there.

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score
I am not chastising for the fumble. Read my post again. I said rookies fumble. This is why I wanted us to keep Sony behind Harris and not a rookie and JJ Taylor who has had trouble getting on the field. That is a GM mistake by Bill and it cost us in week one big time

Ah, the cap again. So predictable. We had $150 to blow the first week of FA but no money for Thuney?

Gilmore is our best defensive player. The time to trade him was last year if we were going to trade him. Now we are in no man's land with Jones/Mills playing as our CB2. This is a terrible management of our most key player. Why spend on that money on the front 7 to just jerk around with Gilmore?

Anytime I read a post of yours it makes me think of this:

bias.PNG
cogbias.PNG

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
lol. I do love you guys. :love-heart:

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score

Rhambo never fumbled the ball...the ref screwed up. Watch the video again if you need to.

Mazz22

Reaction score
Rhambo never fumbled the ball...the ref screwed up. Watch the video again if you need to.
It was for sure borderline. It was reviewed and stood. I was more peeved that Rhambo never came back again. I get the doghouse and all but when all you have is him behind Harris and Bolden, you need to play him. At the very least, Bolden probably should have gotten more second half carries or White.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
BB being a bad HC and GM is hilarious...yes, he isn't perfect, but, nobody is.

Dom Capers was going to be the alt HC choice if BB never agreed to coach in NE.

What would have happened to the Pats if Dom Capers was the coach instead?

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
It was for sure borderline. It was reviewed and stood. I was more peeved that Rhambo never came back again. I get the doghouse and all but when all you have is him behind Harris and Bolden, you need to play him. At the very least, Bolden probably should have gotten more second half carries or White.
No. It wasn't. Go watch Matt Chatham's video on the subject.

View: https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1437448930699235328

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
No. It wasn't. Go watch Matt Chatham's video on the subject.
It really doesn't matter as bad calls happen all the time. It is how you respond that matters. IIRC, Miami did not score on either of our 2 fumbles.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
The 'reviews' was just a rubber stamp, and they didn't want the refs to look worse than they already were. That game was reffed like a Preseason game. They missed multiple false starts, neutral zone infractions, holding...extremely inconsistent. The refs were terrible.

Mazz22

Reaction score
The 'reviews' was just a rubber stamp, and they didn't want the refs to look worse than they already were. That game was reffed like a Preseason game. They missed multiple false starts, neutral zone infractions, holding...extremely inconsistent. The refs were terrible.
If you thought last week's game was bad wait until tomorrow. Flag city. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
spacecrime

spacecrime

Reaction score
Alright, I give up. 90% of the posts over the last 2-3 days haven't involved the 2021 Patriots. I'll take Frick and Frack off ignore and at least know what the hell we're talking about and can participate in the current Brady Love/BB Hate discussion.

OP
OP
spacecrime

spacecrime

Reaction score
Bill lost his fast ball a long time ago which was covered by Brady. With Brady gone all the warts have come to the surface and it's ugly just like it was before Brady.
Shouldn't this be in the Brady Love subforum?

OP
OP
spacecrime

spacecrime

Reaction score
Until Bill does something of note like being .500 without Brady......

Bill with Brady, 249-75, missed the playoffs once in 19 seasons.

Bill without Brady, 63-74, made the playoffs once in 8 seasons.

BTW, since Brady literally left NE, Bill is 7-10 and has won one game (Jete) since the team was 6-6 last year (1-4).
Sure. 2021 Patriots

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Ah, the cap again. So predictable.
Well. I gotta give you that I guess. If anyone around here should know "so Predictable" when she sees it ...

Cheers

rivshark86

Reaction score
I don’t get the Hoyer thing anymore. When he had a snowballs chance in hell of winning a game I got it. Good mentor, good understanding of the system, we could joke about how he’s better at hitting trash cans from 45 yards out than Brady.

Now? If he plays more than a quarter the team he’s on is going to lose the game. Ok, so he’s a good coach in the QB room. Don’t they pay a coaching staff for that? Why not hire him as an assistant quarterbacks coach? It’s not even his cap hit, but why have a player taking up a roster spot who’s going to guarantee a loss if they get on the field?
I know, I know, he knows the system……… but again, what are the coaches there for?