Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I'd bet Ryan Wendell had a lot to do with the Bills knowing the offensive play calls, line calls and defensive play calls. He practiced against our D for 8 years.

The Colts?
Ray Ventrone, Mike Groh and Frank Reich know a lot about our team.

Ventrone played for us.

Mike's dad, Al Groh, worked for BB in Cleveland and Parcells at the NYG then with BB again as DC on the Pats. Mike coached for his dad at Virginia, Saban at Bama and then as Offensive Assistant for Reich at Philly when the Eagles beat us in the SB.

Frank Reich himself spent 10 yrs on the Bills and 1 yr on the Jets as a player then was an offensive assistant coach and QB coach for Tony Dungy & Jim Caldwell on the Colts during the height of the Brady/Manning rivalry. They know a lot about BB, the language, his tendencies and formations as predictors of what's coming.

All of which brings me to something I've been thinking about. The Pats should make a bid for Jacoby Brissett in 2022 FA as a backup QB. He knows all about the Colts and this year he's learning about the Dolphins. He'd be a worthy backup and he'd bring a wealth of intel on 2 worthy competitors.

Then go after someone on the Bills. Inside knowledge is valuable.

Thought I'd put this here to show the genius of BB. It's NFL Films 'Do your Job' about the 2014 season. And it shows Bill and co coming up with the unusual Offensive formations that had Harbawl crying like a school girl. How they sprung it on the Ravens in the 2nd half only so as not to let them adjust at halftime. Really clever stuff.

View: https://youtu.be/JdnWmKnUcWg?t=343

Patriots YAC/R (yards after catch/reception, no minimum # of catches)
R Stevenson 10.7
B Bolden 9.9
G Olszewski 9.0
J Johnson 8.5
J Smith 7.7
D Harris 6.5
K Bourne 6.4
N Agholor 3.2
H Henry 3.0
J Meyers 2.9
JJ Taylor 2.5
N'K Harry 2.1

We have a few RBs who can catch and run. Use em more in the passing game!

Last edited:
Damien Harris on 3rd Down in 2021 12 rushes 88 yards 7.3 yards per carry 3 TD 8 first downs
R Stevenson on 3rd Down in 2021 6 rushes 41 yards 6.8 yards per carry 0 TD 3 first downs
B Bolden on 3rd Down in 2021 17 rushes 53 yards 3.1 yards per carry 0 TD 4 first downs

Total of 35 carries led to 15 first downs. That seems very low to me. But eliminate Bolden and Harris and Stevenson have 18 carries for 11 first downs. That's better.

In case nobody noticed S Andrew Sendejo (concussion) has been out since the Clots played the Pats. He initiated the head to head contact against Nelson A. without getting a penalty or a fine as well as another head hit in that game. New York after the fact, and the refs at the time saw nothing to act on. How is this possible? You could maybe, just maybe say the refs did not see this, even though they had to stop play to pick up the broken pieces of players, but NY had the benefit of replay which they used to fine Dugger and only Dugger during that same game, when a Clots player pushed a ref. As JE11 would say, what are we doing?

Damien Harris on 3rd Down in 2021 12 rushes 88 yards 7.3 yards per carry 3 TD 8 first downs
R Stevenson on 3rd Down in 2021 6 rushes 41 yards 6.8 yards per carry 0 TD 3 first downs
B Bolden on 3rd Down in 2021 17 rushes 53 yards 3.1 yards per carry 0 TD 4 first downs

Total of 35 carries led to 15 first downs. That seems very low to me. But eliminate Bolden and Harris and Stevenson have 18 carries for 11 first downs. That's better.
I may have said this before or maybe not:

Don’t hand the ball to Bolden. 😀

In case nobody noticed S Andrew Sendejo (concussion) has been out since the Clots played the Pats. He initiated the head to head contact against Nelson A. without getting a penalty or a fine as well as another head hit in that game. New York after the fact, and the refs at the time saw nothing to act on. How is this possible? You could maybe, just maybe say the refs did not see this, even though they had to stop play to pick up the broken pieces of players, but NY had the benefit of replay which they used to fine Dugger and only Dugger during that same game, when a Clots player pushed a ref. As JE11 would say, what are we doing?

This is pretty short money. Then again, this takes him through his age 33 season I believe.

Short money for sure. Details of the contract will come out soon. Those details could be impt for guarantees & whether he'll ever see that last year in uniform.
Nevertheless, he's been playing well and doesn't look to be losing any speed. I like this signing

Pretty sure his whole career was a cheap shot. He was that way in Minny...

Short money for sure. Details of the contract will come out soon. Those details could be impt for guarantees & whether he'll ever see that last year in uniform.
Nevertheless, he's been playing well and doesn't look to be losing any speed. I like this signing
I like him in that hybrid spot. I think the issue going forward is finding McCourty's replacement.

I like him in that hybrid spot. I think the issue going forward is finding McCourty's replacement.

Agree, although I think the way DMac is playing he could go another year or maybe 2.
His backups, Bethel and Cody Davis, are 31 and 32 years old; only a couple of years younger than DMac who is 34.
Maybe BB signs a FA or drafts a guy this off season unless BB thinks CB Joejuan Williams can play S better than he plays CB. He's got the size at 6'3", 212. Does he have the brains?
Then have to find a CB to replace Williams but we need a CB regardless.

Last edited:

Phillips' extension has a base value of $12.75 million but could be worth as much as $14.25 million

Why do you think that is not what Jalen Mills contract through 2024 is about? So next year we would be looking at Mills/Dugger/Phillips at Safety. Jones/JC (fingers crossed) with Bryant, Williams and Wade as back ups

Last edited:
Back