Looking At The Patriots 2022

That said, I don't get paid to watch football, but they do get paid to coach. Maybe there is a method to their madness. Maybe there are some things that as fans we won't get to know or understand without actually being in those meetings.

Possible. Let's see what things look like in 6 weeks. I bet we can graph Patricia's play calling tendencies along with either (or both) QB's stats and see a STRONG correlation. We already have 2 data sets that show it: the Zappe games and the last two Mac games.

Six weeks.

Last edited:
If BB is signing off on it, I'd like to think it's not nearly as inept as it might appear.
This is the reason I defended the decision to put Patricia in charge as it became obvious before the season. In Bill we trust.

As I said somewhere above, this decision (Patricia) is the outlier in his otherwise GOAT career. Turns out he can make a mistake too. But as we say in business "it is only a mistake if you refuse to fix it".

Keep in mind, I wouldn't trade Bill for any other coach.

Six weeks. Lets see. Hopefully 9 weeks (y)

So, I'm wondering, is Thursday night's game going to be a Bill's blowout? I know the Patriots usually try hard, and they're good for some good plays, but are the Bills that much better than the Patriots? The Bills have a great, running and passing quarterback, and good receivers. Their defense is one of the best. They have a fine head coach. I'll be happy, of course, if the Patriots win. But what if the Patriots lose Thursday. Are there chances for playoffs, and a good season, gone? Maybe. But, I have hope for a win.

This is the reason I defended the decision to put Patricia in charge as it became obvious before the season. In Bill we trust.

As I said somewhere above, this decision (Patricia) is the outlier in his otherwise GOAT career. Turns out he can make a mistake too. But as we say in business "it is only a mistake if you refuse to fix it".

Keep in mind, I wouldn't trade Bill for any other coach.

Six weeks. Lets see. Hopefully 9 weeks (y)

And strangely enough, Alabama fans can COMPLETELY relate to this with Saban. For the most part, the greatest college football coach of all time doesn't make many mistakes, at all, and when he does quickly fixes them. However, right now, we've got a defensive coordinator that the moment he was promoted to the position has had the worst defenses in the Saban era. We are getting gashed like no other time and if it weren't for our offense being able to score 45+/per game, we would be a 4-5 loss team this year and probably last year as well. Yet Saban keeps making excuses for the guy, putting the entire blame on the players and "lack of execution". But, how is a coach ultimately graded? Isn't it by player/team execution? It is one of the very, very, very few decisions Saban has made that is a complete head scratcher.

Even the great ones can make bad decisions and be blinded to them. 🤷‍♂️

So, I'm wondering, is Thursday night's game going to be a Bill's blowout? I know the Patriots usually try hard, and they're good for some good plays, but are the Bills that much better than the Patriots? The Bills have a great, running and passing quarterback, and good receivers. Their defense is one of the best. They have a fine head coach. I'll be happy, of course, if the Patriots win. But what if the Patriots lose Thursday. Are there chances for playoffs, and a good season, gone? Maybe. But, I have hope for a win.

I'm predicting the Pats make them punt at least once.

Allen has cooled way off in the last five games. He only threw 4 picks in the first six games and has thrown 6 picks in his last five games and very inconsistent completion %.

1669739222379.png

And strangely enough, Alabama fans can COMPLETELY relate to this with Saban. For the most part, the greatest college football coach of all time doesn't make many mistakes, at all, and when he does quickly fixes them. However, right now, we've got a defensive coordinator that the moment he was promoted to the position has had the worst defenses in the Saban era. We are getting gashed like no other time and if it weren't for our offense being able to score 45+/per game, we would be a 4-5 loss team this year and probably last year as well. Yet Saban keeps making excuses for the guy, putting the entire blame on the players and "lack of execution". But, how is a coach ultimately graded? Isn't it by player/team execution? It is one of the very, very, very few decisions Saban has made that is a complete head scratcher.

Even the great ones can make bad decisions and be blinded to them. 🤷‍♂️
let's see what saban does in the offseason. he could be propping the dc up right now so the players don't mutiny. sometimes a crap or make- do decision can't be rectified right away.

let's see what saban does in the offseason. he could be propping the dc up right now so the players don't mutiny. sometimes a crap or make- do decision can't be rectified right away.

The guy has been our DC since 2018 and that is the first year our defense slipped to rankings it hadn't seen since Saban's first year in 2007. The moment he was hired our defenses have given up more yards and points per year than any year in Saban's tenure, save his first year of 2007.

The guy has been our DC since 2018 and that is the first year our defense slipped to rankings it hadn't seen since Saban's first year in 2007. The moment he was hired our defenses have given up more yards and points per year than any year in Saban's tenure, save his first year of 2007.
oh ok. i don't follow college football.guess it shows!😄 thought it was his first year.

Watch the Bills/Lions game.

Could very well be that he has to wait. That said, replacement isn't the only way to improve the situation. He could assert more control and make certain demands of how the DC sets up the defense for instance. More Zone/less zone or whatever the HC thinks needs to happen.

Last edited:
Watch the Bills/Lions game.
Well, they are getting healthy again. We might be hitting them just as folks like Edmunds, White, Rousseau are back towards 100%. And Allen has definitely been off, too, but was back to full participation in practice yesterday.

Maybe they're churning a bit. But just as likely their problems are stemming from the step down to the backups from some high-end starters.

Back