Looking at the Patriots 2023

Here's the rest of Dev's comment which is worth reading for sure.

It wasn't just Bill going rogue and doing whatever he wanted. It was always them being together.
Whether I talked to Bill, whether I talked to RKK. If I talked to Bill it was, 'Alright I'll talk to Robert and see how this is going to work out, like what do we need to do.' ...Like it's Mr. Kraft's money. Like he's the owner of the team, so...
I can only speak on my experience when I was a free agent. It was both of them. Them being in understanding whatever decision that was made, Kraft was involved in when I signed back the first time as a free agent. He was actively involved in that."

=======================================

This is why BB brought up the Pats were the lowest team in cash spending 2-3 years ago. It was true and most people knew it was true. BB was on a budget.
This is why I've been honking the horn that RKK needs to come up with the cash for FA signing bonuses this off season so the holes can be filled.

So who is it that won't give big contracts to great players like Mason, Seymour, Mankins?
BB is the one who takes the hit from fans and media.
Is it Kraft or BB or are they mostly in agreement?

Each contract is separate with its own story but Dev tells everyone that RKK definitely gets involved in these bigger money negotiations.
Next time I hear BB criticized that a great player was allowed to walk, I'll think about this.

It wasn't just Bill going rogue and doing whatever he wanted. It was always them being together.
Whether I talked to Bill, whether I talked to RKK. If I talked to Bill it was, 'Alright I'll talk to Robert and see how this is going to work out, like what do we need to do.' ...Like it's Mr. Kraft's money. Like he's the owner of the team, so...
I can only speak on my experience when I was a free agent. It was both of them. Them being in understanding whatever decision that was made, Kraft was involved in when I signed back the first time as a free agent. He was actively involved in that."

This is why BB brought up the Pats were the lowest team in cash spending 2-3 years ago. It was true and most people knew it was true. BB was on a budget.
This is why I've been honking the horn that RKK needs to come up with the cash for FA signing bonuses this off season so the holes can be filled.

So who is it that won't give big contracts to great players like Mason, Seymour, Mankins?

Each contract is separate with its own story but Dev tells everyone that RKK definitely gets involved in these bigger money negotiations.
Next time I hear BB criticized that a great player was allowed to walk, I'll think about this.

This is where Vrabel or whoever might come in could be in for a ride awakening. Looking in, it might seem like it's the best run team in the league with the best owner, but wait till you sit down with the owner to discuss getting a player in or renewing contracts for top quality players....RKK is notoriously tight and got away with it for years because Bill could turn Sow's ears into silk purses most of the time and they had a QB who was willing to get paid a lot less than he should have been. But that is all changed now.

the last 2-3 years RKK decided that spending $250MM on the North End of Gillette Stadium was a priority

Key parts of the project are the Gillette Stadium Lighthouse, a 22-story tower with a 360-degree observation deck open to guests year-round, and a new 50,000-square-foot space overlooking the field, according to the release. Additionally, the stadium features the country’s largest outdoor curved-radius videoboard at a sports venue, according to the Patriots.

RKK: "Bill, I need you go onna restricted spending budget"

BB: <snort> "Why's that, bub??" <hocks&spits>

RKK: "I need a big BIG screen to show me in my box seat to the cheering of my adoring game-day crowds"

BB: <scowls> "But Mazz will hate on me for not spending $$ on fast bastids that are ME-1st & not Team-1st" <makes an even meaner face>

RKK: "Works for me!! Besides I'm hoping we have a Taylor Swift concert again this year to showcase that tush unless that big dummie KC neanderthal doesn't keep it in his sweat-pants"

the last 2-3 years RKK decided that spending $250MM on the North End of Gillette Stadium was a priority

Key parts of the project are the Gillette Stadium Lighthouse, a 22-story tower with a 360-degree observation deck open to guests year-round, and a new 50,000-square-foot space overlooking the field, according to the release. Additionally, the stadium features the country’s largest outdoor curved-radius videoboard at a sports venue, according to the Patriots.

RKK: "Bill, I need you go onna restricted spending budget"

BB: <snort> "Why's that, bub??" <hocks&spits>

RKK: "I need a big BIG screen to show me in my box seat to the cheering of my adoring game-day crowds"

BB: <scowls> "But Mazz will hate on me for not spending $$ on fast bastids that are ME-1st & not Team-1st" <makes an even meaner face>

RKK: "Works for me!! Besides I'm hoping we have a Taylor Swift concert again this year to showcase that tush unless that big dummie KC neanderthal doesn't keep it in his sweat-pants"
Fast bastids… 🤣

David Andrews and Jon Jones are co-winners

GDg5LCNWgAADZ5-

Back