Looking at the Patriots 2023

You really think Ramsey is that good? Based on the last 2 seasons, he hasn't been that great IMHO
I think that Miami got the best of the trade, but with the oft injured Tua at QB the Dolphins recent cap/trade machinations seem to be ill timed.

Disagree. This is terrible. Ramsey to the Dolphins is horrible for the Pats. Fantastic trade for a 3rd.

He hasn't played to his standard lately but some of that may be because the whole team was lousy last year. It's not good, I agree. I won't go as far as horrible.

Ramsey put up the 3rd best CB rating last year by PFF despite a down year for him. This is very much like the Randy Moss trade. Huge get for the Dolphins and huge miss by the Patriots. Jalen Ramsey is a sure thing CB1 on a decent contract for 3 years.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1612812001020977158?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1612812001020977158%7Ctwgr%5E847d639357c25c87ac0b562e432400f2157a0bd3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F01%2F10%2Frams-jalen-ramsey-pff-grade-cornerback-ranking%2F

Ramsey put up the 3rd best CB rating last year by PFF despite a down year for him. This is very much like the Randy Moss trade. Huge get for the Dolphins and huge miss by the Patriots. Jalen Ramsey is a sure thing CB1 on a decent contract for 3 years.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1612812001020977158?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1612812001020977158%7Ctwgr%5E847d639357c25c87ac0b562e432400f2157a0bd3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2023%2F01%2F10%2Frams-jalen-ramsey-pff-grade-cornerback-ranking%2F

That's true. He came in 3rd in PFF's grades.

You know, I just read an article by Andy Hart, about what the Patriots should do in the draft. I read it, and it was a bit interesting. But I don't feel good at all, about the 2023 Patriots. And before I read the article I mentioned, I thought about how, in my opinion, the Patriots just aren't one of the better teams in the league, and I don't expect them to battle for a championship. They're just not that good, as far as I can tell. I'll watch them at times, and hope for the best, kind of like I did in the 80's and 90's. There was a Patriots-Jets game, played fairly late in the 2001 season, where I expected them to win (they were losing most of the game), and bring a Championship feeling to me, about the Patriots. They came back and won (Brady was finishing up his first season as a starter), and I really then expected them to, if not win a Superbowl, really compete for one. I don't have close to that feeling, about the 2023 season. Now, I've watched and rooted for them through some bad seasons, 1-15, 2-14, etc. Kraft and Belichick have led them to excellence. However, Tom Brady, who has recently been called the best NFL player ever, is now long gone. He was good enough to lead the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Lombardy Trophy, as he had led our Patriots to 6 of them (and other fine seasons).

You know, I just read an article by Andy Hart, about what the Patriots should do in the draft. I read it, and it was a bit interesting. But I don't feel good at all, about the 2023 Patriots. And before I read the article I mentioned, I thought about how, in my opinion, the Patriots just aren't one of the better teams in the league, and I don't expect them to battle for a championship. They're just not that good, as far as I can tell. I'll watch them at times, and hope for the best, kind of like I did in the 80's and 90's. There was a Patriots-Jets game, played fairly late in the 2001 season, where I expected them to win (they were losing most of the game), and bring a Championship feeling to me, about the Patriots. They came back and won (Brady was finishing up his first season as a starter), and I really then expected them to, if not win a Superbowl, really compete for one. I don't have close to that feeling, about the 2023 season. Now, I've watched and rooted for them through some bad seasons, 1-15, 2-14, etc. Kraft and Belichick have led them to excellence. However, Tom Brady, who has recently been called the best NFL player ever, is now long gone. He was good enough to lead the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Lombardy Trophy, as he had led our Patriots to 6 of them (and other fine seasons).
Spot on.

To win a Super Bowl you’ve got to have a great team around a QB on a rookie deal, or a great QB uplifting the team.
Mac is not good enough to win a Super Bowl once he’s getting starter money, and this team won’t be good enough to elevate him by the time his rookie contract is up.
It’s a bad situation, but if a team offered a first rounder for Mac I would hope they take it in a heartbeat.

For the life of me I can’t understand the love this forum has for Mac Jones.

That’s him putting on weight???
He’s not gonna be able to stay healthy in the NFL.
Looks like he put on 10 pounds, which would put him at 193, he has 1/2 a year to put on another 5. 198 at 6'2' is fine for a WR.

Last edited:
Last edited:
However, to Flagg's point, PFN looks at Jalen Ramsey from a glass half empty perspective.
Proof that everyone has a different perspective of a player. Who you ask, who does the grading, does change the answer.

The 2 opinions below are from the same website but they come to 2 completely different conclusions about Ramsey.

Last edited:
Vegas has the patriots as last in the AFC east. :(

Back