Looking at the Patriots 2023

Disagree, even with Brady I don't believe realistic Pats fans expected a Super Bowl every year. The history of the NFL is littered with great teams that fell short of a championship. There are just too many variables involved, and honestly if a Super Bowl win is your only measure of enjoyment of the team and each season then you're probably going to be disappointed more often than it's worth. This is about growth and direction to that goal imo.
Good thing you chimed in, because I was totally serious and would have been setting myself up for a horrible disappointment!

Remember Reilly Reiff got a 1 year $5M contract?
Well, it's more like $1M and $4M in incentives.

View: https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1639263768881385472

Crow GIF

Good thing you chimed in, because I was totally serious and would have been setting myself up for a horrible disappointment!
Seems to me that that your the the type of person that needs no help being disappointed.

Seems to me that that your the the type of person that needs no help being disappointed.
Fascinating personality insights, and with high believability based on your expertise on the subject of me and my personality!

See the difference between what I did - poking you about something you said - and your response of "you're the type of person that..." attacking the person? It's a really fundamental difference, and keeps personal relationships civil and good-natured.

Also, I don't really know what that response is supposed to mean.

Fascinating personality insights, and with high believability based on your expertise on the subject of me and my personality!

See the difference between what I did - poking you about something you said - and your response of "you're the type of person that..." attacking the person? It's a really fundamental difference, and keeps personal relationships civil and good-natured.

Also, I don't really know what that response is supposed to mean.
Poking goes both ways, and my conclusion that you seem to need no help being disappointed comes from the totality of your posts. Sorry you take it so personally.

Disagree, even with Brady I don't believe realistic Pats fans expected a Super Bowl every year. The history of the NFL is littered with great teams that fell short of a championship. There are just too many variables involved, and honestly if a Super Bowl win is your only measure of enjoyment of the team and each season then you're probably going to be disappointed more often than it's worth. This is about growth and direction to that goal imo.
Interesting how Flagg mentions expecting a superbowl every year and you turn it into saying that if a Super Bowl win is your only measure of enjoyment of the team

What was the purpose to his twisting words in in such a personal and demeaning way???

Beyond that, within a couple weeks after each superbowll, i see in new league year in which I expect the Pats to compete for a superbowl. This rarely happens, and I am mildly disappointed every year around December or january. As you say, disappointment. But this disappointment is quickly turned into excitement and anticipation two weeks after after the superbowl when i turn the page an look forward to another expected superbowl run. What's your alternative? To tamp down the the excitement of a 10-month run from Feb to the superbowl to avoid getting disappointed?

Seriously, there is nothing wrong at all about expecting to win a superbowl (like 2023) when the odds are so terrible. That would be like stop watching the falcons superbowl after 3 quarters because you're almost certain they won't win. Trust me, it's a lot of fun anticipating a superbowl every year and even when it doesn't happen, you've had months and months of pleasurable anticipation and only a brief disappointment.

When a season such as 2001 can occur under this leadership I always expect to win.

Interesting how Flagg mentions expecting a superbowl every year and you turn it into saying that if a Super Bowl win is your only measure of enjoyment of the team

What was the purpose to his twisting words in in such a personal and demeaning way???

Beyond that, within a couple weeks after each superbowll, i see in new league year in which I expect the Pats to compete for a superbowl. This rarely happens, and I am mildly disappointed every year around December or january. As you say, disappointment. But this disappointment is quickly turned into excitement and anticipation two weeks after after the superbowl when i turn the page an look forward to another expected superbowl run. What's your alternative? To tamp down the the excitement of a 10-month run from Feb to the superbowl to avoid getting disappointed?

Seriously, there is nothing wrong at all about expecting to win a superbowl (like 2023) when the odds are so terrible. That would be like stop watching the falcons superbowl after 3 quarters because you're almost certain they won't win. Trust me, it's a lot of fun anticipating a superbowl every year and even when it doesn't happen, you've had months and months of pleasurable anticipation and only a brief disappointment.
What I meant, was exactly what you said, enjoying the ride, the excitement and anticipation of Saturday night before the game, and Sunday morning having coffee while watching pre game. These are the things that go beyond the expectations of a Super Bowl, so I don't think we are saying anything much different. My point is exactly that, we all want a Super Bowl but if the expectations of one diminish the rest of the enjoyment of the process then you'll always be disappointed, and then whats the point . Maybe I misinterpreted his post, but that's how I took it.

What I meant, was exactly what you said, enjoying the ride, the excitement and anticipation of Saturday night before the game, and Sunday morning having coffee while watching pre game. These are the things that go beyond the expectations of a Super Bowl, so I don't think we are saying anything much different. My point is exactly that, we all want a Super Bowl but if the expectations of one diminish the rest of the enjoyment of the process then you'll always be disappointed, and then whats the point . Maybe I misinterpreted his post, but that's how I took it.

:toast:

No way. I don't want him at that price and I don't want him at the salary he wants.

Lets move on unless and until the terms get much more favorable on both points.

Much.

I know many want a WR1 still. I would too under the right circumstances. That said, I believe that BoB and Mac are going to create and execute an offense that will force defenses to take chances with Bourne/Parker/Thornton outside due to the short/medium/middle of the field danger and this will get us what we need out there wide.

This is a draft review from last year of a Patriot player, name the player ..

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team

initials are CS.

This is a draft review from last year of a Patriot player, name the player ..

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team

initials are CS.

Hmmm. Was he a terrible reach and doesn't have nearly enough sand in his pants to ever be a useful player even if you'd have to be an
idiot to take somebody at his position in the first round?

I'm stumped.

Back