Looking at the Patriots 2023

I don't know if you guys read stuff from Andy Hart, but today he had an article in weei.com, about the Patriots last few practices. He mentioned that the offense looks deficient, and the defense looks good (possibly because the offense looks deficient). Also, the kickers look good. He didn't mention much about the qb's, except that Mac Jones is the number one. Games should be interesting-maybe some players, and the team, will act and look decent. The Pats seemingly have a better offensive coach than last season. That should help.

I don't know if you guys read stuff from Andy Hart, but today he had an article in weei.com, about the Patriots last few practices. He mentioned that the offense looks deficient, and the defense looks good (possibly because the offense looks deficient). Also, the kickers look good. He didn't mention much about the qb's, except that Mac Jones is the number one. Games should be interesting-maybe some players, and the team, will act and look decent. The Pats seemingly have a better offensive coach than last season. That should help.
I think for those laying almost all the blame on the offensive coaching last year (it was putrid) are going to be disappointed to learn this season that coaching can only do so much. This offense lacks any type of legit playmaker(s). I know some here want Zeke. I don't. He is just another cog who is on the decline that does not scare or threaten opposes defenses. I would much rather Bill swoop in and take Cook from the Jets. He brings more dynamics to the position even if there is overlap with Stevenson.

Nothing against the Wayne Gregoir. I've never heard of him. Maybe he knows what he's talking about. Over the years reports coming out of TC are up and down depending on who you read. Week one means nothing by the last week.
Yea I posted the article and purposely left no opinion because I truly don’t have a clue how accurate this guys info is. I wanted people who actually went to training camp and saw with their own eyes if this article had any legitimacy to it. Are you reading this Chev? :coffee:

Yea I posted the article and purposely left no opinion because I truly don’t have a clue how accurate this guys info is. I wanted people who actually went to training camp and saw with their own eyes if this article had any legitimacy to it. Are you reading this Chev? :coffee:
I haven't been to camp yet, but the entire article is generic opinion fodder until he gets to his only stat and big reveal: Through three days of camp Zappe's and Jones' completion percentage are similar. I've read that Mac has been attempting more difficult throws, while Zappe is taking more check downs. Using completion percentage without any context after 3 days of camp to try and make a point is beyond silly.

Bloody hell, I wonder if any of it is true? I haven't read any other reports saying Zappe is better.

I have to say, I hate this sort of manipulation if it's true.
You do realize they quote Bellichick from before any mandatory camps. This is nothing more than speculation as they try to increase clicks to the site.

Bloody hell, I wonder if any of it is true? I haven't read any other reports saying Zappe is better.

I have to say, I hate this sort of manipulation if it's true.
I have sincere doubts about them splicing together a touchdown pass from Matt Jones to taekwon Thornton that was really a touchdown pass from Zappe to Thornton. As far as I know Thornton did not catch any passes yet in training camp.

I have sincere doubts about them splicing together a touchdown pass from Matt Jones to taekwon Thornton that was really a touchdown pass from Zappe to Thornton. As far as I know Thornton did not catch any passes yet in training camp.
Just because it bothered me his name is Tyquan Thornton. Your are correct there was no splicing of any pass.

Last edited:
Brian Belichick has not been on the field during TC. He does have an undisclosed leg injury and he's day to day.

Awesome. Thanks for the update.
I was mostly paying attention to the drills and operations for coaching purposes, to see what I could steal.

I was thinking of transcribing some notes to the board, then I thought that was kind of attention seeking, then I thought that was stupid to think that, then I got all in my head about it, and there's only so many hours in a day.

If people have specific questions, I'll answer them if I can, but :little shrug emoji: There are a bunch of guys who are paid to do that and are better looking than me.

A few things that jump to mind:
  • Demario Douglas didn't get his feet inbounds on his TD catch.
  • Keion White is all business, all the time. I don't think I saw him appear to relax or joke once.
  • Jalen Hurd moves way too oily-smooth for someone that size and build, and I'm interested to see him in pads.
  • Bill Murray looks like he belongs, but it's hard to tell without pads
  • Reiff was overcompensating to hit his landmarks fast on his pass set and getting destroyed back inside.
  • I really wanted to see Calvin Anderson play, but he was sick. Trent Brown was Good Trent again. Not Effing Otherworldly Trent like in 2018, but I can get behind him at LT. He looked focused.

Last edited:
I was mostly paying attention to the drills and operations for coaching purposes, to see what I could steal.

I was thinking of transcribing some notes to the board, then I thought that was kind of attention seeking, then I thought that was stupid to think that, then I got all in my head about it, and there's only so many hours in a day.

If people have specific questions, I'll answer them if I can, but :little shrug emoji: There are a bunch of guys who are paid to do that and are better looking than me.

• Keion White is all business, all the time. I don't think I saw him appear to relax or joke once.
  • Jalen Hurd moves way too oily-smooth for someone that size and build, and I'm interested to see him in pads.
  • Reiff was overcompensating to hit his landmarks fast on his pass set and getting destroyed back inside.
  • I really wanted to see Calvin Anderson play, but he was sick. Trent Brown was Good Trent again. Not Effing Otherworldly Trent like in 2018, but I can get behind him at LT. He looked focused.
Oh, and I spent a little time wondering how McSorley has a job.

This is the kind of posting I need to see on here. Thank you very much.

Now, who gave Chev the day off?

This is the kind of posting I need to see on here. Thank you very much.

Now, who gave Chev the day off?

Chev did?
Shark Week GIF by Storyful

View: https://twitter.com/TheWolfeKnows/status/1685723563540492288

Last edited:
Just because it bothered me his name is Tyquan Thornton. Your are correct there was no splicing of any pass.
Taekwan Thornton ROFL . Voice recoginition error. Could have been worse. Tyquan's last name could have been Doe.

Sorry, I had thought/assumed this was about tc, not OTAs. I'm sure there was no need to splice anything find plenty of TDs in OTAs and minicamps.

This is just yet another bogus internet post hoping to get clicks (and succeeding). It serves to annoy Pats fans and give Pats (and BB/Mac Jones) haters a chance to get a stiffy and shout CHEATERZ.

Back