Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I mentioned this in the Pats 2022 thread with a link to the original PFF article. but this commentary fits better here:

Excerpt:

Pro Football Focus' 25 top players under 25 years old has a notable omission.

Pro Football Focus has released its ranking of its top 25 NFL players under 25 years old. The number of New England Patriots players ranked on the list is the same as the the number of times the Buffalo Bills have won the Super Bowl: zero.

Just want to point this out

View: https://twitter.com/MattBowen41/status/1526360075845214209

I mentioned this in the Pats 2022 thread with a link to the original PFF article. but this commentary fits better here:

Excerpt:

Pro Football Focus' 25 top players under 25 years old has a notable omission.

Pro Football Focus has released its ranking of its top 25 NFL players under 25 years old. The number of New England Patriots players ranked on the list is the same as the the number of times the Buffalo Bills have won the Super Bowl: zero.

I hope someone shows this to Mac, grow that chip on his shoulder.

I must have yelled to my tv multiple times when he was at Bama how I wanted him in a Patriot uniform. I know my family heard it enough times. LOL

90% of Patriots Planet wanted Mac Jones for the Pats last year.
If we didn't get him, most of us wanted Davis Mills.
Tell me Patriots Planet doesn't know what makes a good QB! You can't.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1527363464217276426

I wanted Mills because I assumed that Jones would be taken by the 49ers. then along about pick 8 or 9 I wanted the Pats to jump the Bears and take Jones. After the Bears picked I was screaming for BB to trade up.

Jones and Mills both turned out to be better than I thought, and I'm not convinced the either would have been equally great on the Pats.

Jones would not have been successful with the Bears (who would) and Mills would have been better with the Pats than Texans (who wouldn't)

Following the above train of thoughts on which QBs went where, what if the Jets in 2021 had taken JaMarr Chase with #2 or traded down or something. They they could have still traded with the Vikes into #14 and drafted Mac Jones. I don't want to think about the Jets with Mac Jones, JaMarr Chase, and their 2022 haul. Holy Crap!!!!

Following the above train of thoughts on which QBs went where, what if the Jets in 2021 had taken JaMarr Chase with #2 or traded down or something. They they could have still traded with the Vikes into #14 and drafted Mac Jones. I don't want to think about the Jets with Mac Jones, JaMarr Chase, and their 2022 haul. Holy Crap!!!!
It's the Jets. It wouldn't have mattered.

If BB wants more experience pretty sure Cam Newton is available :deadhorse:

I mean, the Jets already won their Super Bowl. Must be hard to play an entire season after that.

I think I like Saleh or at least the outwardly projected Saleh - the image he wants us to see. I haven't seen him in a high pressure game moment yet so I can't say if he's actually a good coach or not. The Jets added a lot this year. Maybe his coaching ability under the gun will show up this year.

If he had looked like this last year he might be a 49er right now.

FTenSW7WYAAYyN-

Back