Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Orlovsky has been a full-on Mac believer since preseason. He's also been saying to watch out for the Patriots, that they're a couple plays away from being 5-1 or 4-2 (when they were 2-4), etc. He's all-in.
He’s ESPN’s assigned pro-Patriots guy but he makes good points outnumbered by the moron haters told to misrepresent the facts.

IMO, he has the easiest job there because it’s not hard to see how this has unfolded and how Mac Jones being coached up like Brady was in 2001, is a similar parallel.

Using that login would have had us pass on Julian Edelperson.
I think that when you are in those later rounds, you obviously have to project more for players that are clearly developmental. Ultimately I just feel like with Mac the league placed far too much weight on what he couldn't do, instead of what was right in front of them.

Rohan Davey had a cannon too. Sure, he was more likely to hit someone in the 5th row, than someone on a post pattern, but still...A CANNON!

And since we're in the Mac Jones thread, I could mention that Rohan No-neck and his cannon arm once threw for 528 yards against Alabama back in 2011.

His build was not what you would call typical for a QB.

davey.jpg

And since we're in the Mac Jones thread, I could mention that Rohan No-neck and his cannon arm once threw for 528 yards against Alabama back in 2011.

His build was not what you would call typical for a QB.

View attachment 7868
Doesn't he have a Ring as a backup? (maybe 2??)
he sure doesn't look like a QB

He’s ESPN’s assigned pro-Patriots guy but he makes good points outnumbered by the moron haters told to misrepresent the facts.

IMO, he has the easiest job there because it’s not hard to see how this has unfolded and how Mac Jones being coached up like Brady was in 2001, is a similar parallel.
No he’s not he’s from CT and has been a Patriot guy for a long time before becoming an announcer.

~Dee~

A bit ugly today, but there's this:
NFL Research: Patriots QB Mac Jones joined Andrew Luck and Dak Prescott as the only rookies since the NFL merger to have five-plus wins, 10-plus passing touchdowns, and 2,000-plus passing yards in their first nine career games.

A bit ugly today, but there's this:
NFL Research: Patriots QB Mac Jones joined Andrew Luck and Dak Prescott as the only rookies since the NFL merger to have five-plus wins, 10-plus passing touchdowns, and 2,000-plus passing yards in their first nine career games.
What exactly was ugly? It reminded me of a team who’s got each other’s back .....Not perfect but heading in the right direction.

~Dee~

What exactly was ugly? It reminded me of a team who’s got each other’s back .....Not perfect but heading in the right direction.

~Dee~
12 for 18 for 139 1 pick 1 td. in todays NFL that's "ugly" but I'll take the W however it comes.
i hate the "fantasy football" stuff and how the focus is on stats. I like just what you said.... Team play, team got your back, team win.

12 for 18 for 139 1 pick 1 td. in todays NFL that's "ugly" but I'll take the W however it comes.
i hate the "fantasy football" stuff and how the focus is on stats. I like just what you said.... Team play, team got your back, team win.
I love that the D showed up a team....

~Dee~

And he started 11/13, so that's 3 weeks in a row with long incompletion streaks.

And he started 11/13, so that's 3 weeks in a row with long incompletion streaks.
Yeah, he's definitely a little streaky. Not my favorite attribute in a QB, but unlike most streaky passers, he seems to be able to pull out of it pretty quickly and get back on an even keel.

How many balls did he have batted? Two? He does seem to have a few of those, but if I'm going to pick nits about him I'd say that the one area I'd like to
see him handle better is the fucking clock. I think there were two delay of games and neither appeared strategic.

Kid is way too smart to not know how to keep track of the play clock.

I hear you but 12 for 18 is 66.7%. That's great passing. It's not a lot of attempts, but sticking with a dominant running game isn't ugly either. The pick was a bad throw. The only ugly thing I thought was the stupif penalties, but overall, I thought this was a GREAT game.

Back