Mac Jones Is Our QB1

It's really short sighted of them to think the kid would be ready with basically one season in college under his belt as far as experience. He can't even really make NFL reads from what he showed in two games. He's a Lamar-esque player until he's able to get the mental aspect of the game.
agreed...but mac has only 1 year of college experience also. 😁

agreed...but mac has only 1 year of college experience also. 😁

True enough, but being in the 'Bama QB room with two other NFL caliber QBs plus being scout QB for three seasons has to count for something especially knowing how studious he is.

Can't say the same about North Dakota State.

True enough, but being in the 'Bama QB room with two other NFL caliber QBs plus being scout QB for three seasons has to count for something especially knowing how studious he is.

Can't say the same about North Dakota State.
agreed.
continue to love the fact mac wanted to go to the pats, knowing how hard it would be...and won the job anyway. that says a lot.

Lawrence has issues reading and diagnosing defenses. He's slow to process when the ball is snapped and he's slow to hit his check downs. I blame the situation he's in as well, Meyer as an NFL coach is clearly out of his league (literally) no one on that staff is used to the speed of the game. In 5 years when Lawrence is all used up, the Pats can get him for cheap as a back up..lol Lance and Fields seem to have a hard time getting on the field, I agree.

I am even more convinced that if BB knew Mac was going to be drafted at 2,3,4 or 5 he would have done everything in his power to move up to get Mac.
To be fair, Lance actually has to play pretty well to beat out grapollo.

Josh Allen is a good example of the third year in the league. People were calling him a bust in his rookie season and he wasn't much better in his second season. Then all of a sudden he just got it.
I don't really agree. The injury he took the other day will be more of a common thing for him. The pandemic gave a lot of players and/or teams a false sense of "we've arrived", IMO. Mayfield, Jackson, etc. They've all peaked as well and the media doesn't say it because they fear the idea other AFC teams may be in the process of being bypassed by Mac Jones here. It's their worst nightmare. Look how much running those QBs do. And when they don't or can't? Look at their throwing capability.

Allen had 19 turnovers in 2019 in his 2nd year. He's a good QB, but he'll never be elite because he can't play the short or mid game range well. The tucking and running is because he's already maxed out his ceiling in the league.

lance shouldn't be omitted because they wanted to move on from j.g. and he couldn't play well enough to make it happen. it's not like they seemed like they wanted to have him sit and learn like k c. with mahomes, etc.
I agree. He didn't play much that's why I didn't include him in the group. I just found it amusing but if the guys who did play the roles of playing competency was in reverse of their draft order. This will be even more fun to revisit sometime next year with all of played quite a bit.

I don't really agree. The injury he took the other day will be more of a common thing for him. The pandemic gave a lot of players and/or teams a false sense of "we've arrived", IMO. Mayfield, Jackson, etc. They've all peaked as well and the media doesn't say it because they fear the idea other AFC teams may be in the process of being bypassed by Mac Jones here. It's their worst nightmare. Look how much running those QBs do. And when they don't or can't? Look at their throwing capability.

Allen had 19 turnovers in 2019 in his 2nd year. He's a good QB, but he'll never be elite because he can't play the short or mid game range well. The tucking and running is because he's already maxed out his ceiling in the league.
Allen takes some hard hits that is for sure. And from the reports he suffered a foot strain, nothing major right now, not sure how accurate that is though.

We won't know if he can play the short and intermediate game because the team is built for deep plays. Strong armed QB and fast WR's. The Bills are the Chiefs of the AFC East, except the Chiefs can play in cold weather.

Yeah, Allen made huge strides in passing but from my vantage point qbs who stand the test of time are those who can survive on passing alone

Yeah, Allen made huge strides in passing but from my vantage point qbs who stand the test of time are those who can survive on passing alone
They also have more success and a longer career. History shows the pocket passer (even now) is more successful than a dual threat QB.

Yeah, I don't see Allen running as sort of luxury, but more of a necessity. Their run game is porous at best. Later in the season we all know defense and run game travels -- the pass isn't always something to rely upon especially in terrible weather conditions.

Back