Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Lawrence and Wilson have not looked very good. Lance and Fields have hardly played. They are on shitty teams but should be doing better.
So, glad that Mac dropped to us like a gift. Maybe a few years from now they will be called The Mac 4.
Lawrence has issues reading and diagnosing defenses. He's slow to process when the ball is snapped and he's slow to hit his check downs. I blame the situation he's in as well, Meyer as an NFL coach is clearly out of his league (literally) no one on that staff is used to the speed of the game. In 5 years when Lawrence is all used up, the Pats can get him for cheap as a back up..lol Lance and Fields seem to have a hard time getting on the field, I agree.

I am even more convinced that if BB knew Mac was going to be drafted at 2,3,4 or 5 he would have done everything in his power to move up to get Mac.

Just a quick reminder. The first choice Quarterback of the New England Patriots at this particular juncture happens to be Michael McCorkle "Mac" Jones.
mac-1.jpg

This morning on SiriusXM NFL, Charlie Weiss made the point that Zach Wilson has arguably played better than Trevor Lawrence, which leads to the interesting point that the quality of play of first-round QBs is (Trey Lance omitted because he has hardly played):

Jones
Fields
Wilson
Lawrence

They exact reverse of the draft order.

This morning on SiriusXM NFL, Charlie Weiss made the point that Zach Wilson has arguably played better than Trevor Lawrence, which leads to the interesting point that the quality of play of first-round QBs is (Trey Lance omitted because he has hardly played):

Jones
Fields
Wilson
Lawrence

They exact reverse of the draft order.

Pretty darn interesting, SC. I hadn't thought about it in quite that way.

lance shouldn't be omitted because they wanted to move on from j.g. and he couldn't play well enough to make it happen. it's not like they seemed like they wanted to have him sit and learn like k c. with mahomes, etc.

I wouldn't judge any QB in their rookie year. Some QB's have to suck for a while before they ever get it. Most will learn and gain more experience. Just my opinion.

I'd enjoy it if after our QB, Jones I think his name is, points at their linebackers and calls "58 is the Mike", Bobby Okereke points
back at him and yells "10 is the Mac".
I just want him to start referring to himself in the 3rd person as the "Mac Daddy".

At future press conferences,

"Mac, you must be very pleased to come away with that win?"

"Oooohh yeah.....Mac Daddy always pleased with the win y'all".

"Em....and eh, four TDs thrown for you today, you must be delighted?"

"Oh momma.....Mac Daddy be in the grove.....Mac Daddy making it happen y'all"

"Em....OK.....and things are looking good for the rest of the season, you think a Championship is in this team??"

"Mac Daddy say.....we're on to Cincinnati y'all".

*Drops mike.

I just want him to start referring to himself in the 3rd person as the "Mac Daddy".

"Em....OK.....and things are looking good for the rest of the season, you think a Championship is in this team??"

*Drops mike.

Oh, hell no!

*Drops mike.
Where's his cigar at? :coffee:

Mac's Passer Rating ranking has climbed from 24th to 11th in 10 weeks.

FGlw56EWYAQ0Xbs

*Drops mike.

View: https://youtu.be/010KyIQjkTk

I wouldn't judge any QB in their rookie year. Some QB's have to suck for a while before they ever get it. Most will learn and gain more experience. Just my opinion.
Josh Allen is a good example of the third year in the league. People were calling him a bust in his rookie season and he wasn't much better in his second season. Then all of a sudden he just got it.

lance shouldn't be omitted because they wanted to move on from j.g. and he couldn't play well enough to make it happen. it's not like they seemed like they wanted to have him sit and learn like k c. with mahomes, etc.

It's really short sighted of them to think the kid would be ready with basically one season in college under his belt as far as experience. He can't even really make NFL reads from what he showed in two games. He's a Lamar-esque player until he's able to get the mental aspect of the game.

Back