Mac Jones

What are your objective impressions of Mac Jones? I thought he had a decent preseason but he needs allot of work. He looks kind of like Tom Brady.
He reminds me of a young TB12. Possibly even better comparatively. He needs to refine his long ball passes more, and not take sacks when things aren't working out...but, he's looking like a legit QB "here" imo.

What are your objective impressions of Mac Jones? I thought he had a decent preseason but he needs allot of work. He looks kind of like Tom Brady.
You are new here,so welcome. As I had stated many times before, I fell in love with Mac the Knife in December and hoped very hard that the Patriots would be able to draft him.
I think that he has all the makings to be an elite starter for many years to come.
And as Pig said, he needs to be banned from marrying some super globalist model.

He seems to be ahead of where Brady was at this point in his career IMO. That is in no way saying that he's going to be anywhere close to what Brady was. With the way QBs tend to wash out I would say if he can get the Patriots competitive and into the playoffs for the next 10 years then they have struck gold.

Chris Sims just praised the hell out of Mac the Knife.
Picks the Patriots to return to the playoffs this year.

Chris Sims just praised the hell out of Mac the Knife.
Picks the Patriots to return to the playoffs this year.
Kiss of death.

Anyway, to the totally not-suspect OP, what do I think?

1) He's better than Cam Newton right now.
2) He's a rookie, and he will do rookie shit at times this year.
3) He gives the Patriots the best chance to win.

He reminds me of a young TB12. Possibly even better comparatively. He needs to refine his long ball passes more, and not take sacks when things aren't working out...but, he's looking like a legit QB "here" imo.
Better than the Goat?

It this stage, yes. Did TB12 start over Bledsoe in his rookie season? What was TB12's rookie stats in the preseason compared to Big Mac?
To be fair, Mac wouldn't be starting over Bledsoe right now either.

To be fair, Mac wouldn't be starting over Bledsoe right now either.
To be even more fair, if Bledsoe came out of retirement, and was signed by the Pats somehow, I'm pretty sure Mac would in fact start over him :coffee:

Your point is accurate and understood, just being a smartass.

To be even more fair, if Bledsoe came out of retirement, and was signed by the Pats somehow, I'm pretty sure Mac would in fact start over him :coffee:

Your point is accurate and understood, just being a smartass.
LOL. It crossed my mind to state the obvious, but I am such a poor typist that I didn't out of laziness.

I should have! :LOL:

He seems to be ahead of where Brady was at this point in his career IMO. That is in no way saying that he's going to be anywhere close to what Brady was. With the way QBs tend to wash out I would say if he can get the Patriots competitive and into the playoffs for the next 10 years then they have struck gold.

After thinking about this a bit, and while I still agree with you regarding his floor, my expectations for Mac Jones' ceiling are much higher.

After thinking about this a bit, and while I still agree with you regarding his floor, my expectations for Mac Jones' ceiling are much higher.
I am w Chevss on this. Brady-like? No.

Brady-lite? Yes. And that is a very high ceiling.

Brady-lite = playoffs and semi-legit shot at a SB each year.

There will never be another Brady, at least not in my lifetime.

Back