Man Of Steel Sequel featuring Batman

Whaler53

Join the Darkside, bitches
Reaction score
Warner Bros. has just revealed plans for their own DC Cinematic Universe with the announcement of a Man of Steel sequel that will feature none other than Batman! Snyder took the stage at the Warner Bros. panel to announce something and brought up actor Harry Lennix to read a special message.

"I want you to remember, Clark," Lennix said, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

And with that famous speech from The Dark Knight Returns, Snyder unveiled the logo below. No further details were announced but WB has revealed that Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will return along with the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill.

What do you think of this announcement? Sound off below!

You can read our Live Blog from their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con where the project was announced by clicking here.

Here's the official statement:
On the heels of the worldwide success of "Man of Steel," director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way." Kroll added, "We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel' is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us."

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, "Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe."

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, "I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, "Whilst our ‘Dark Knight' trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack's fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can't wait to see what Zack does with these characters."

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

Dear God yes...been waiting for this one all my life

With the Avengers doing well for Marvel I figured it'd just be a matter of time before the Justice League makes their big screen debut, but I'll take the two of them for the time being.

Reminds me of the bit about how Aquaman is the lamest of superheroes: "Call me if anyone needs a whale."

How about they just make another Batman movie, and in that movie, they make no reference to Superman whatsoever?

#KTHXBYE

Rumors are that a stand-alone Flash movie is scheduled for 2016, and the Justice League movie introducing Wonder Woman in 2017. No confirmation if Green Lantern will be Hal Jordan or John Stewart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rumors are that a stand-alone Flash movie is scheduled for 2016, and the Justice League movie introducing Wonder Woman in 2017. No confirmation if Green Lantern will be Hal Jordan or John Stewart.
Posted via Mobile Device

John Stewart would make it a pretty funny movie.

jon-stewart.jpg

I'm not a big DC guy, but they would be crazy not to take advantage of Marvel's lead on a JLA movie. The formula is there, they just need to follow through with some well made solo movies leading into a JLA finale. I'm not really all that optimistic given DCs false starts over the years (other than Nolan's Batman trilogy). I'm hoping they'll be able to pull it off, though. It could be fantastic if done right.

I'm not a big DC guy, but they would be crazy not to take advantage of Marvel's lead on a JLA movie. The formula is there, they just need to follow through with some well made solo movies leading into a JLA finale. I'm not really all that optimistic given DCs false starts over the years (other than Nolan's Batman trilogy). I'm hoping they'll be able to pull it off, though. It could be fantastic if done right.

Though, Nolan's DK franchise was good, it had it's problems, and DKR made it pretty difficult to integrate it into a large DC cinematic universe the way Marvel had with its films (and I'm not just talking about the end).

Instead of rebooting and giving us another origin story, it looks like they'll be rebooting with an already active Batman in the current universe, and if MOS is any indication, it will hopefully be closer to the Batman from the comics

Posted via Mobile Device

I vote for John Stewart. That is the best option for keeping Ryan Reynolds THE F*CK OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!

Though, Nolan's DK franchise was good, it had it's problems, and DKR made it pretty difficult to integrate it into a large DC cinematic universe the way Marvel had with its films (and I'm not just talking about the end).

Instead of rebooting and giving us another origin story, it looks like they'll be rebooting with an already active Batman in the current universe, and if MOS is any indication, it will hopefully be closer to the Batman from the comics

Yeah, that's all true. I really hate the studio's need to reboot every other movie (re: the Spidey Origin re-told. again. Same with the Hulk). Hopefully they'll do like you mention with the 'active Batman' and not feel the need to rehash a story that's been told and told again.

DC has a lot of work ahead of them. I hope they don't hurry it and just take it slowly and do it right.

While Nolan's Batman may not fit within the premise of this movie, I'd cringe at the dear that studios might shy away from making 3 (or so) good, stand-alone franchise films because it might not fit into the formula of an ensemble cast, Avengers-type film weaved within a series of said franchises.

I also don't think Superman translates as well to the screen as other comics. It takes me 10 minutes to stop laughing at a real person in a Superman costume. It just doesn't work well for me in real life. Just my opinion though.

It's a shame that 52 doesn't translate well to a mainstream comics movie, I don't think. That's some of the only decent modern DC material I've read aside from the Dark Knight.

I vote for John Stewart. That is the best option for keeping Ryan Reynolds THE F*CK OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!

Well if Ryan Reynolds is the price we must pay to see a brunette Blake Lively again, then so be it.

Carol-Blake-Lively-Green-Lantern.jpg

What other film(s) from the DC universe were even close to them?

I can't think of one.

For the record, Nolan is a modern day Hitchcock or Kubrick. In the sense that I will make an effort to see anything he makes.

Memento, The Prestige, Inception, The Dark Night trilogy, Insomnia, were all exceptionally well done movies.

What other film(s) from the DC universe were even close to them?

I can't think of one.

For the record, Nolan is a modern day Hitchcock or Kubrick. In the sense that I will make an effort to see anything he makes.

Memento, The Prestige, Inception, The Dark Night trilogy, Insomnia, were all exceptionally well done movies.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the series. It was just done in its own universe, and it would not work within the context of the cinematic universe that they are trying to establish which started with Man of Steel.

The ultra realism of The Dark Knight Trilogy was great, but eliminates a good number of Bat's rogues (I loved the fact that they used Ras in the first one). As great as it was, much like Superman is fantasy. You don't need to take the fantasy element out to make a good Batman film, much to the contrary, balancing the realism with the fantasy should be the way to go. I'm pretty sure that the new film makers will give us something great.

Back