Mario Williams

All the guys you shitcanned today needed to go. Brackett was way over paid. Clark & Addai can't even stay on the field for 16 games.

Maybe, but I hope the Pats take a good look at Dallas Clark. Gronk, Hernandz and Clark on the field at the same time would be sick, and would create a ton of different offensive scenarios.

BTW, one thing I'd do if I were running the Colts is target Coby Fleener at #34, or maybe with a trade up of a sew spots (the Pats at 31?). Give Andrew Luck his favorite target.

BTW, one thing I'd do if I were running the Colts is target Coby Fleener at #34, or maybe with a trade up of a sew spots (the Pats at 31?). Give Andrew Luck his favorite target.
Maybe for the Colts' second and Jeff Saturday.:toast:

I don't think we'll be the worst team in the league, but probably a top 10 pick. Top 15 if everything falls into place. Most likely top ten.

You don't?

The Colts just got rid of 95% of their offense and 15% of their D. And reports are they won't try to re-sign Garcon making it 100% of the offense as we've known it.

I can't imagine another team that's worse right now.

You don't?

The Colts just got rid of 95% of their offense and 15% of their D. And reports are they won't try to re-sign Garcon making it 100% of the offense as we've known it.

You have to be right, Chev. I mean, for a team to worse wouldn't they need to have fewer than ZERO players???

Cheers, BostonTIm

You don't?

Andrew Luck played with more talent at Stanford last year than he will likely have on the Colts this year.

Gr8, then we'll have to listen to the Colts fans chanting "Neener neener we got Fleener" for the next 10 years.

::banghead:

Top 5, Jaric.

Also all the guys you shitcanned today needed to go. Brackett was way over paid. Clark & Addai can't even stay on the field for 16 games.

If the Colts do in fact trade Freeney the best the get is a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Every team knows he will end up getting cut if they can't move him.
Wouldn't surprise me.

But hey, I'm allowed to be a little bit optimistic. And yeah, I agree with the cuts we made.

We've talked about that on the Colts forum.

I think we're going straight PBA this year, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to drafting #securityblanket (did I do those hashtag things right?) for #rookieqb

You don't?

We have a little bit of money to spend in free agency and pretty high draft picks. I'm also assuming our QB play improves at least a little (I have low expectations for rookie year, so this is really more a function of who was playing QB for us previously than it is any kind of grand prediction about Andrew Luck)

Like I said though, I'm allowed to be a little bit optimistic aren't I? It is the offseason after all.

Florio thinks the Titans have a "50-50" chance to still keep Mario Williams, and that the Williams situation will be resolved very quickly, probably by mid-week, regardless of where he lands:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-have-50-50-shot-at-keeping-mario-williams/

In other words, the Texans have until Tuesday to negotiate a long term deal with Williams. Otherwise, teams will line up to throw money at him, and he will decide how to trade off the $$$ vs. situational fit fairly quickly. Florio also suggests it will take upward of $40M guaranteed to land Williams. For comparison Jerod Mayo and Vince Wilfork both got $25M guaranteed, so that would be a fairly big leap. Adalius Thomas got $20M guaranteed when he signed in 2007.

BB could talk him to taking less. TO play for championship here. You can't beat playing next to BIG vince on the line.

We've talked about that on the Colts forum.

I think we're going straight PBA this year, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to drafting #securityblanket (did I do those hashtag things right?) for #rookieqb
With all the cuts you guys have made, I'd plan my Sundays around bowling too :party:

The Texans can play for a championship too. And i think he likes it there ...

Maybe, but the Pats currently have a $20.9M advantage over the Texans - they are $16.2M under the cap, and Houston is $4.7M over without Mario and OC Chris Meyers. It will take some major cuts or restructuring to get them down to where they can make a run at those guys.

OTOH, Denver and Cincinnati are sitting pretty in terms of being able to open the bank, and both are young playoff teams. But both organizations have some spotty history, as well.

I read that they are going to make a run at Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallce. Those 2 seem like a better way to spend their cap space. Forte was tagged and might be gone next year and Urlacher is already talking about retiring. They need offense and their window is closing.

Maybe, but Florio reports that the Bears are going to make a major run at Mario Williams, and think they are the front-runners.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-viewed-as-favorites-to-land-mario-williams/

Back