Matt Cassel Agent Pleased By All the "Cassel Or Brady" Articles

Claremonster

Semper Priapus
Reaction score
The Glossalalia School of Business and Performing
Matt Cassel Agent Pleased By All the "Cassel Or Brady" Articles

p1_carroll_feature.jpg

Josh Tibbs, the agent for Patriots backup QB Matt Cassel, paged through Bleacher Report articles he printed up.

"Look at this one," he said, as he handed me a piece of paper. "It compares Brady/Cassel to Montana/Young. In some ways, a valid comparison, but still...Young was a Hall-of-Famer. That raises Matt's asking price a cool million."

He glanced through more of the print-outs. "This one compares him favorably with Matt Ryan. Do you know how much Ryan got paid?" he asked.

"I've gone through them and not one mentions Derek Anderson's one-year explosion. Heck, he made the Pro Bowl."

"So," I asked, "on a team without Moss and Welker, will Cassel succeed?"

"Who cares?" he replied. "If some team pays for a savior and the check clears on the signing bonus, he doesn't have to be Jonny Unitas. Heck, as long as he isn't Johnny Harrington, he is a success."

"Joey Harrington," I corrected.

"Whatever," he said. "Point is, I'll be paid, I mean he'll be paid."

ROFL ROFL :coffee:

Forget Derek Anderson, all this came after 2 games. lol

For those who haven't clicked on the link it should be noted that this is a satrical piece.

....just in case....

For those who haven't clicked on the link it should be noted that this is a satrical piece.

....just in case....

I dunno. Sounds pretty dead-on to me. :shrug:

....just in case....
Satire has a way of dealing with truth though. I wouldn't put this past any agent's thinking.
"Look at this one," he said, as he handed me a piece of paper. "It compares Brady/Cassel to Montana/Young. In some ways, a valid comparison, but still...Young was a Hall-of-Famer. That raises Matt's asking price a cool million."

He glanced through more of the print-outs. "This one compares him favorably with Matt Ryan. Do you know how much Ryan got paid?" he asked.

Satire has a way of dealing with truth though. I wouldn't put this past any agent's thinking.

Oh no doubt - and I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence - just thought that should be noted so nobody get the wrong idea...

Oh no doubt - and I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence - just thought that should be noted so nobody get the wrong idea...

but that's what makes these threads so much fun

FWIW, Matt Cassel's agent is David Dunn, the same agent who represents Aaron Rodgers.

Yes. Part of the fun is in seeing how many people get sucked in.

:)

That's how I feel whenever I see a dimensional vortex to Hell appear in a crowded mall or something. :shrug:

Yes. Part of the fun is in seeing how many people get sucked in.

:)

Hell yes.

Looking at your username, am I right in thinking that you come from Dorchester (in Boston) and have moved to Worcester in Mass-athingy? Does this constitute a step-up?

I'm just a nosey limey bastard....

Hell yes.

Looking at your username, am I right in thinking that you come from Dorchester (in Boston) and have moved to Worcester in Mass-athingy? Does this constitute a step-up?

I'm just a nosey limey bastard....

You obviously haven't been to Worcester. ROFL

Back