Maui wildfire devastation

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
96 dead and counting, Lahaina almost completely destroyed. Wife and I were married on Maui and spent many vacations there over the years and is our favorite vacation destination. There are numerous organizations accepting donations to help these people get back on their feet. I've included a link that has numerous places that will accept your donations.

I've never seen an entire town be leveled like that. My heart goes out to the families that has lost someone.
The Federal Government should be there NOW offering anything g that they need. That town should be rebuilt with Federal dollars, if those people don't have insurance. This is what we pay taxes for.

Yeah, I can tell you first hand that United Way is a total scam. I can imagine the same is true of the Red Cross, but that's not first-hand.

Yeah, I can tell you first hand that United Way is a total scam. I can imagine the same is true of the Red Cross, but that's not first-hand.

United Way is an awful organization. I have personal knowledge that I will not share. Early on in my management career I was "awarded" the privilege of running our regions UW drive. I refused.

The Red Cross has helped me in a couple of instances. Once I lost my home to a hurricane and they were there to help. I also lost my apartment due to a fire caused by my upstairs neighbor and they were there to help. Also, I have no idea about the United Way.

For those that believe, this is really incredible that this old church survived such a massive fire.

They think the banyan tree may have survived too.

They think the banyan tree may have survived too.

I certainly hope so, we always visit there when we are on Maui, it's quite an incredible tree. Sitting in Capt Jacks upstairs bar enjoying a Mai Tai and people watching the park where that tree lives is always a good time.

So so sad..... I can’t even imagine. They are in my thought forever.

~Dee~

I have fond memories of my time spent on the beautiful island of Maui. Lahaina, Kaanapali, the Road to Hana, Haleakalā, and so much more. My heart breaks for Lahaina.

Yes, all of those places. We took our boys on the Sugar Cane Train out of Lahaina multiple times when they were growing up.

Other Maui destinations:

The Iao Valley is a pretty nice place to walk around.

1692065739544.png

Casanova's Italian restaurant in Makawao for fine food and fine music.

1692065933614.png

And Makawao is home to Hot Island Glass - we have a couple of pieces of their work:

1692069958564.png

There are still a lot of great places to see in Maui, and when it makes senses to travel there again (the island will need tourism dollars to help with the rebuild), we'll go back out.

Last edited:
Yes, all of those places. We took our boys on the Sugar Cain Train out of Lahaina multiple times when they were growing up.

Other Maui destinations:

The Iao Valley is a pretty nice place to walk around.

View attachment 18277

Casanova's Italian restaurant in Makawao for fine food and fine music.

View attachment 18279

And Makawao is home to Hot Island Glass - we have a couple of pieces of their work:

View attachment 18281

There are still a lot of great places to see in Maui, and when it makes senses to travel there again (the island will need tourism dollars to help with the rebuild), we'll go back out.

Makawao, that’s where the wife and I were married almost 20 years ago. Paia Fish Market has the best fish burgers bar none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The death toll is now 111 and there could be up to 1,000 people unaccounted for.
Seeing the photos it looks like that city was nuked.

Back