MBTA Train and Tailgating?

thetango

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've heard about the MBTA train and I am considering taking it down to Gillette for the home opener.

I have a feeling that MBTA has an official "No Alcohol" policy on the train but I'm wondering how strict it really is?

I've heard rumours of people ... imbibing ;) ... on the train -- is that true?

Hi Everyone,

I've heard about the MBTA train and I am considering taking it down to Gillette for the home opener.

I have a feeling that MBTA has an official "No Alcohol" policy on the train but I'm wondering how strict it really is?

I think so. I mean, I don't have any reason to think you'd lie. If you say you heard rumors, I'll take you at your word that you heard rumors.

Seriously, I've never taken the train to the stadium. From my experience, as long as you're really subtle about it (ie large cup of Dunkin donuts black coffee with blackberry brandy in it; booze in a plastic Sprite bottle, etc) and you're not being loud and obnoxious, you can generally get away with drinking pretty much anywhere (including T commuter rail).

Just don't expect to smuggle booze or anything else into the stadium. They frisk everybody.

I have a friend who took it a couple times to meet me at the stadium. He seemed to really like it and I don't think there was anyone telling people not to drink as long as they weren't nuts about it.

As mentioned above though, don't try and bring it into the stadium once you're there.

IIRC the train gets there about 45 before the game and leaves 30 min after. Not early enough to meet friends and tailgate with them, but you'll almost certainly be home before anyone trying to get out of the post game traffic jam.

Before this thread continues ... I have no intention of getting blitzed out of my mind and being "that guy" ;)

It's just that I want to know if I can have a quiet little beer (well ... beers) on the train ride down without getting kicked off the train.

Before this thread continues ... I have no intention of getting blitzed out of my mind and being "that guy" ;)

It's just that I want to know if I can have a quiet little beer (well ... beers) on the train ride down without getting kicked off the train.

Fill a Dunkins cup with beer and drink that. The only problem I can see is if you try and refill on the train and someone snitches.:shrug:

<<
I want to know if I can have a quiet little beer (well ... beers) on the train ride down without getting kicked off the train.
>>

Yes. Just spoke with my buddy who took the train and he say many people were drinking.

Hi Everyone,

it's a pretty safe bet that the engineer drivin' the train will be drinkin' so I don't see any reason to worry about anyone givin' YOU a hard time for drinkin' too

they just don't want the guy talkin' and/or texting|sexting on his cell :archive:

it's a pretty safe bet that the engineer drivin' the train will be drinkin' so I don't see any reason to worry about anyone givin' YOU a hard time for drinkin' too

This.

I say shoot the guy a text mid-trip and let him know.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Planet. So how did you come up with that name, do you do tango?

I walk right past the trains on the way into the game from tailgating and see people drinking on it, exiting with beers etc.
Rather suspect you won't have issues with it.

We kept or stuff in a soda bottle last game, they thought we were drinking coke, not coke and rum.
The ticket guy did stay in our car, but he didn't look at us twice and had no clue.

The train blows... and doesn't always get you there on time. Though if you do plan on drinking heavily it is the best way to go, (unless you barf on the train)

Back