MERGED: Colts Sign Freeney

are the taxes being used to fund the new stadium? well thanks to you colts fans for doing your part and for funding the Big Dig also

ICB on 07-16-2007 at 02:22 PM said:
Wait, I'm confused. I thought Bob Sanders was the only one with the power to raise taxes.
No, Bob Sanders repeals taxes. He's a man of the people.

Freeney, on the other hand in an evil villian taking taxpayer money and spending it it on plots to take over the world. He also beats up children in his spare time.

I even think he is the one putting all those kittens and puppies in burning buildings/trees for Bruschi to save.

A POX on you Dwight Freeney! A Pox!

mikiemo83 on 07-16-2007 at 01:25 PM said:
are the taxes being used to fund the new stadium?
No. The Court said to change the way property was assessed and they did. It just so happened that when they did, the result was that all of a sudden the total taxable value of the property throughout the state rose by about 24%, but the tax levies didn't change. So now people are getting taxed at the same rate on property that has risen in value an average of 24% seemingly overnight.

well thanks to you colts fans for doing your part and for funding the Big Dig also
Not a problem. That's what we get for living in a donor state. Lol.

Anyone who complains about the taxes spent on the stadium in Indianapolis ignores the facts that (1) the stadium must be built, regardless of the Colts, for the city to keep its $1 billion contract with the NCAA, and (2) before the Colts came, downtown Indianapolis was decaying, just like all the bodies they were finding in the canals.

If ever a team has revitalized a city, it was the Colts. The Colts showed up, a few years later, Indy landed the Pan Am games, and by the 90s, downtown Indy was getting a whole new facelift. It's an entirely different city than it was in the early 80s, so a couple dollars tax on dining out is a small price to pay to have a downtown that is safe, and actually worth, walking around in at night.

:shrug:

jaric on 07-16-2007 at 02:29 PM said:
No, Bob Sanders repeals taxes. He's a man of the people.

Freeney, on the other hand in an evil villian taking taxpayer money and spending it it on plots to take over the world. He also beats up children in his spare time.

I even think he is the one putting all those kittens and puppies in burning buildings/trees for Bruschi to save.

A POX on you Dwight Freeney! A Pox!

I thought Marvin Harrison was the one that went around beating up children.

Dammit, I can't keep up with this crap.

Back