MERGED: Colts Sign Freeney

dashoe

Reaction score
Too bad Manning is a money whore...

at least that is what the haters keep saying yet the Colts are still able to make Freeney the highest paid defensive player in the game and sign big FA's when they see fit.

Grateful Freeney signs $72 million deal with Colts

Freeney, the Indianapolis Colts' franchise player, signed a six-year, $72 million contract with the team Friday that includes a $30 million signing bonus. He becomes the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2935483

Undertaker #59 on 07-13-2007 at 02:33 PM said:
Who are the big FA's they've signed?

Corey Simon (turned out to be an expensive bust).

Booger McFarland (in a trade), turned out to be pivotal in SB run.

Adam V, maybe you've heard of him? Best clutch kicker in history and someone the Colts sorely needed.

When they have needed to make a FA acquisition they have done it, despite Mannings "bloated" contract. Yet, ESPN and the rest of the East coast homers rip Manning for getting paid what he's worth.

Oh silly me, I thought you were talking about THIS year.

I think the Colts did the right thing. I think as many Colts as possible should be the highest-paid players at their position.

Go get 'em, Polian! You the man!

I will never complain when the Colts over-pay a player. Congrats on the signing, Indy fans. At some point there's gonna be about 5-6 guys on that roster taking up most of the cap space that are more able-bodied gin rummy players than they are high-calibur football players.

dashoe on 07-13-2007 at 02:41 PM said:
Corey Simon (turned out to be an expensive bust).

Booger McFarland (in a trade), turned out to be pivotal in SB run.

Adam V, maybe you've heard of him? Best clutch kicker in history and someone the Colts sorely needed.

When they have needed to make a FA acquisition they have done it, despite Mannings "bloated" contract. Yet, ESPN and the rest of the East coast homers rip Manning for getting paid what he's worth.
Hey dipshit, he was asking who were the big free agents the Colts signed THIS year.

IndyPatriotfan on 07-13-2007 at 02:42 PM said:
Hey dipshit, he was asking who were the big free agents the Colts signed THIS year.

Hey ****nuts, not in the post I was responding to.:4321:

and what kind of douche bag is a Patriots fan and lives in Indy?

dashoe on 07-13-2007 at 02:52 PM said:

Actually there are quite a few Pats fans that live in this Third World Country that is known as Indiana.

Better watch your step with me boy, pretty soon I could be the next State Trooper that pulls your sorry ass over.:D

dashoe on 07-13-2007 at 02:52 PM said:

A more intelligent football fan?

So next year the Colts will field Manning, Freeney, and 20 other guys that suck getting minimum wage?ROFL

IndyPatriotfan on 07-13-2007 at 02:58 PM said:
Better watch your step with me boy, pretty soon I could be the next State Trooper that pulls your sorry ass over.:D

They have state troopers out there? Do they drive around with a houndog in the passenger seat?

How often do you get to investigate crop circles, once a week?

Ever seen a UFO?

If I call AAA in Indiana, does a fat tow truck guy with a red flannel shirt come?

Just asking.ROFL

*shrug* How does any team field a team with the cap? They manipulate contracts to work. The Colts are moving into a shiny, new stadium, which will create more money for Irsay to pay out signing bonuses, which can reduce cap hits, etc. etc.

The Colts will be fine.

According to kffl, these are the Colts free agents next year.

Jim Sorgi UFA
Bryan Fletcher UFA
Rick DeMulling UFA
Ryan Lilja UFA
Jake Scott UFA
Bo Schobel UFA
Josh Thomas UFA
Rocky Boiman UFA
Tyjuan Hagler RFA
Keith O'Neil UFA
Matt Giordano RFA

The players who I believe are free agents at the end of this year and not on that list are Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Sanders isn't going anywhere. Clark's great, but letting him walk wouldn't surprise me. The Colts are like a turnstile of good TEs. The rest of the list are backups or replaceable. Dying to sign Rocky Boiman?

Is it wrong of me to wish very bad things on Dwight Freeny?

TêteDeFer on 07-13-2007 at 03:27 PM said:
Tarik Glenn also will be free.
Thats why they drafted his replacement this year. Tarik is already grooming Tony Ugoh to be the Colts starting LT. He should have that false start down pat by training camp next year.:D And Freeney be da man! Great day all around.

Back