Merged - Didn't see this coming (Unofficial Official MEGA Chip Kelly to SF Thread)

Prior to Kelly being canned, I thought he should make a play to get Kaep. Now he is with him in SF. I don't think this will be a disaster as long as Kelly is not heading up personnel. But boy if I am a niners fan this is the worst nightmare possible after all the success under Harbaugh and a new beginning of sorts and looking like the team to beat in the NFC, they have become a shell. It will take Kelly some time to get the roster together he wants.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Yeah, that actually showed me just how important the right coach is. Before Harbaugh, their last winning season was 2002 (though they did manage 8-8 in 2009). He took That Team, and managed to bring them to the playoffs 3 years in a row, including 5 playoff wins and a super bowl appearance. I personally didn't like him while he was coaching them (personality reasons, and the whole handshake thing w/ Schwartz, not to mention I resented that the Lions were still stuck in their endless quagmire of suck while the 49ers had a coach that made rescuing a team from that seem effortless), but ever since he took over at Michigan I've been able to look back at that and appreciate just how much he did for that team.

Hopefully Kelly will be able to do some good things with that team.
Harbaugh is a lot like Parcells. Wears out is welcome in 4 years but it is a fun ride for those 4 years.

Harbaugh is a lot like Parcells. Wears out is welcome in 4 years but it is a fun ride for those 4 years.

Harbaugh was the best thing to happen to the Niners in YEARS. I don't give a shit how much anyone disliked him, you don't fire a guy like that. York and Baalke are f*cking IDIOTS. They got what they deserved hiring Tomsula. What a joke.

Now it'll probably be another 15 years before they become relevant again.

Going back to the West Coast. I don't believe in this guy. I don't think he has the right coaching style to lead adults. He can obviously coach the college level, but I think that's a different animal. If he can turn that program around it'll make the NFC West an interesting Division to watch. With the Rams on the move, 2 playoff teams and the Chipster.

Back