Merged - Didn't see this coming (Unofficial Official MEGA Chip Kelly to SF Thread)

Kaepernick job must be Safe now. Just has to re do his contract .

Kaep will end up as the best QB Kelly has had as an NFL HC.

I'm more interested in how Kelly gets along with Baalke and Jed York over time.

Maybe the last two years...but, they did go to the superbowl not too long ago.

Yeah, that actually showed me just how important the right coach is. Before Harbaugh, their last winning season was 2002 (though they did manage 8-8 in 2009). He took That Team, and managed to bring them to the playoffs 3 years in a row, including 5 playoff wins and a super bowl appearance. I personally didn't like him while he was coaching them (personality reasons, and the whole handshake thing w/ Schwartz, not to mention I resented that the Lions were still stuck in their endless quagmire of suck while the 49ers had a coach that made rescuing a team from that seem effortless), but ever since he took over at Michigan I've been able to look back at that and appreciate just how much he did for that team.

Hopefully Kelly will be able to do some good things with that team.

Chip Kelly: The official thread.

This is gonna be disastrous for the niners. er... I mean Kelly. I mean. Wait, this is just a bad move for all involved. Anyway here is the official Chip Kelly thread!

You really should have named this thread, "The Official MEGA Chip Kelly thread"

Just trying to help :popcorn:

Niners can't seem to do anything right these days. I'll predict an 8-8 season, at best, and an absolute ass whipping by the Patriots.

Perhaps with threads merged, there can be a discussion.

IMO, San Fran was just trying to make some news and give their fans a coach with a familiar name. I'm not sure Kaepernick can be salvaged or that he was really all that great to begin with. But this is a total rebuilding project. There's almost no one left from the '11 team. How much patience will the fans have and how will this play with the ownership infighting if things don't turn around quickly.

This could be Kelly's last shot in the pros.

I am not sure SF want to pay Colon the money he is due this year, his best bet it to hope Kelly lust his abilities and they extend him to a better team friendly contract. (not an illegal one but team friendly).

His abilities may fit best into what Kelly wants so this may be a pretty good match. Add in the time spent sitting and HOPEFULLY watching and learning and I am not convinced Colin will not become an above average QB. Of course I think QB play is at a low right now with too many Playoff QB's being mediocre at best. in the AFC it is Tom and Ben - the rest are just the surviving members of the group

Good choice for him imo. A team in rebuild mode should suit him better than a team where changes have to be succesfull from day 1. Expectations should be low while he builds his team in SF.

That being said, i'm not sure he will succeed even with all the time in the world.

Back