Merged - Didn't see this coming (Unofficial Official MEGA Chip Kelly to SF Thread)

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
Chip Kelly to SF.

Hopefully he gets some time to re-stock that cupboard.

Well...there was a lot of speculation that Kaep would end up with Kelly, but just after this year in Philly.
I wonder if he dumps Mangini? If not, I guess that's the end of his relationship with BB.

And...the Pats play them next year. Ugh.

I'm sure we'll hear plenty about Chip Kelly's blueprint to beat the Pats. Basically, induce their STs to put on a once in a generation display of suck.

Interesting hire...Kelly is good imo.

The Eagles were smart for hiring him...but, never gave him enough time to figure shit out.

I dunno, man. Yeah, Kelly could still be good, but at the moment it seems like two dumpster fires that were just made for each other. San Francisco has just been a horrible organization the last few years.

I wasn't quite sure what Harbaugh or Tomsula were doing with Kaep the last few years ... it's like, they decided, "meh. No more read option. Let's just make this guy a pocket passer." Why? I think Kelly turns him back into a top 10 QB. It might be gimmicky, but hell, if he can pass off Foles as an NFL QB, maybe he can get Kaepernick his 'swag' back.

*prepares for flaming by 9 guys for some reason or another*

I dunno, man. Yeah, Kelly could still be good, but at the moment it seems like two dumpster fires that were just made for each other. San Francisco has just been a horrible organization the last few years.

Maybe the last two years...but, they did go to the superbowl not too long ago.

I wasn't quite sure what Harbaugh or Tomsula were doing with Kaep the last few years ... it's like, they decided, "meh. No more read option. Let's just make this guy a pocket passer." Why? I think Kelly turns him back into a top 10 QB. It might be gimmicky, but hell, if he can pass off Foles as an NFL QB, maybe he can get Kaepernick his 'swag' back.

Not by me. I think the same.

Does this mean kapernick is staying in San fran. Kelly did love mobile QB at Oregon.

if anything, from what I saw with Crabtree on the Raiders this year ... Crabtree should get a friggin' medal for all of the crap he took for being "mediocre." This was Kaep's guy. So either Kaep could play QB (at least enough to get to 1 Super Bowl, beat Rodgers twice in the playoffs, and get to an NFC Championship Game) ... or Crabtree is a lot better than everyone thought he was ... because he looked damn good in Oakland this year, and the Raiders got him from the bargain bin.

I'm a Kaep guy, though. I thought he was going to be right there with Russell Wilson as the "new faces of the NFL" after Brady/Manning hung them up. I just never understood why Harbaugh went away from the read option ... I felt like it was a big "**** off" to Baalke. Harbaugh quit on his team the last year (can't blame him) and Tomsula is a joke. That roster sucks now. But I think Chip is a lot better than people give him credit for ... I mean ... he made the playoffs with Nick Foles.

Does this mean kapernick is staying in San fran. Kelly did love mobile QB at Oregon.
he better re-work his deal

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

2 points

1. I agree with you, Kelly will turn colin into a decent QB in his system.

2. stop the self persecution claims or 9 guys will flame you. just make a point without the bs commentary.

Back