MERGED - Marquise Hill dead after jetski accident in Lake Pontchatrain

Oh man. :(

This is horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

First those guys from the Broncos, then Brad Delp, then Richard Jeni, now this.

My heart is with his family.

You will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends and team mates as well.

God bless Marquise, his family and friends....

I just saw something that really pisses me off.

I turned on ESPN right at 5 figuring this would be the lead story on SportsCenter. Instead, they were showing Roger Clemens pitching in a minor league game.

A F***ING MINOR LEAGUE GAME.

So I flipped to ESPNNews. Same thing. Plus in the lower right corner, where they have the 'BREAKING NEWS' headlines - Clemens' pitching stats from that game.

F*** ESPN. A man dies and still all they care about is the f***ing YankMes.

oh man, he has a son less than 2 years old. :(

rip

Just dropping by to pass my condolences to Patriot Nation for the loss of one of your own. Very tragic circumstances, and my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Marquise Hill, and for all of you as fans.

I'm very, very sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers to his family......So tragic, I'm just shocked.........

Thoughts and prayers to Marquise Hill's family. Sad news that he didn't make it.

It's so very sad. The only good thing to say about it, is that he died a hero.

:(

Hey guys, passing on sincere condolences to Hill, his family, and all of the fans like you that followed his time on this Earth. I'm sure that myself and other Broncos fans will especially sympathize with you after the losses the team has endured.

I never want to see the line "1982-2007" in the news again--this is now the third time. Far too sad. :(

:(

RIP

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Hill Family and friends.....so sad

Was camping this weekend and returned to see this on espn. Obviously espn thought that Roger Clemens pitching in the minor leagues was more important, but damn, this is just awful. 24 freakin' years old with a little kid. :(

These types of things happen everyday around the country and other than local news, you never hear anything about it. As others have said, hopefully some good will come out of this tragedy and water safety will be stressed. It's sad that it takes a high profile person to bring attention to something but hopefully that's what this does. This tragedy could have been easily prevented with one life vest. He had his entire life ahead of him.

And I'm sure it might take some time for his loved ones to see it, but he did die a hero. He could have easily stayed in that boat, and let whatever happen to the woman, happen. The fact that he was safe, yet still went in to look for her... His family will be dealing with a lot of grief, but they should be proud of him. Not everyone would have done that.

His family, friends and loved ones are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

May 28, 2007
Pats statements
The Patriots released the following statements from chairman/CEO Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick regarding Marquise Hill:

Robert Kraft:
“We are absolutely heartbroken to learn of Marquise’s death. Our immediate thoughts go to Marquise’s mother, Sherry, and the rest of his family. He was only 24 years old and his death is hard to comprehend. Marquise was a very respectful young man who worked hard to improve and was always eager to contribute to the team, both on the field and in the community. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, we extend our most heartfelt sympathies to Marquise’s family and friends who mourn his loss.”

Bill Belichick:
“We have suffered a stunning and tragic loss today. Marquise will be remembered as a thoughtful and caring young man who established himself as one of the year-round daily fixtures of our team. I send my deepest condolences to the Hill family.”

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 07:32:59 PM | Link | E-mail to a friend

Back